Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Friars '18-19 Season Thread - Big Things In Store

Can you guys let us score a goal this time? I’d really rather not get shut out in three consecutive games against PC, at least for vanity’s sake.

Comment

Well no PC shutout but Brown shutting out Friars after 2....looking like the UMASS games where Friars have the distinctive shot advantage but the other team has the goal..

And as I type this Wilkins ties it up with a double rebound goal...

Comment

Conway puts the Friars up 2-1 and Kasper with an open netter to seal the 3-1 victory...

Matt Koopman looked pretty good out there for his first game as a Friar, playing on the fourth line..

Comment

Eh, coulda been worse! Friars certainly controlled the game, though. See you again in a couple weeks.

Comment

Great start to this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great start until Dartmouth scored two goals to take a 2-1 lead into first intermission.

Friars came out on fire scoring 4 goals in under 8 minutes in the second for a 5-2 lead after 2...

Third period was about managing the time and getting through the game...Big Green scored late to make it 5-3 which is how it ended

Conway the MVP of the tourney, 2 goals in this one..
              Last edited by 73PCFriar; 12-30-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

4 goals in second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                  Great start until Dartmouth scored two goals to take a 2-1 lead into first intermission.

Friars came out on fire scoring 4 goals in under 8 minutes in the second for a 5-2 lead after 2...

Third period was about managing the time and getting through the game...Big Green scored late to make it 5-3 which is how it ended

Conway the MVP of the tourney, 2 goals in this one..

Needed to beat both of these bad hockey teams this weekend if they wanted to make the NCAA’s. Now a solid ooc series win over Miami could help them out in the PWR if Miami can pick up wins in the best conference in the country.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

That second period might be the best period of hockey PC has played since 2015 against Miami.
                    I don't know if Dartmouth and Brown are "bad". Struggling? Absolutely. Dartmouth especially was better than their record indicated...

Miami must be really tired of us.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      That second period might be the best period of hockey PC has played since 2015 against Miami.
                      I don't know if Dartmouth and Brown are "bad". Struggling? Absolutely. Dartmouth especially was better than their record indicated...

Miami must be really tired of us.
                      Brown is 52nd out of 60 in the PWR while Dartmouth is 43. Bad teams that didn’t help much at all. Miami is 17th while PC is 11th so this is key especially since Miami plays in a much better conference giving them a chance to help out PC the rest of the year.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Brown is certainly better (at least defensively) than we've been the past few seasons, though that obviously isn't saying a whole lot. Zlax is right in that we don't add much to a resume, but we're a little tougher to beat this year. And after watching us beat Dartmouth earlier in the season, I'd agree with your sentiment that Dartmouth is a struggling team with more talent than their record shows.

Comment

What’s the story on O’Brien at the WJC? DNP (did not dress?) last night. I’ve seen him on the ice one time and heard his name once. It’s great to play for your country but to ride the bench? The team seems to go with just two lines. Haven’t been able to find player stats - time on ice, +/-, if anyone has.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Ice View Post
                            What’s the story on O’Brien at the WJC? DNP (did not dress?) last night. I’ve seen him on the ice one time and heard his name once. It’s great to play for your country but to ride the bench? The team seems to go with just two lines. Haven’t been able to find player stats - time on ice, +/-, if anyone has.
                            If you watched him at PC losing so much time has left him far behind mid season form he should be rounding into. Just remember how Bjorkqvist injury freshman year (and Foley’s to a lesser extent) slowed their progress freshman year

Probably mistake for USA to take they knew he was slowed by injury and just further slowed his progress as it looks it will cost him 4 PC games
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                              He’s saying Kucharski coming too. Really cleans up recruiting list with 3 coming mid semester. I also believe from when I saw jr Bruins line charts Prattson is no longer committed. So possibly aim for more ‘03 or ‘04’s before rules change as those 3 incoming means they leave a year early too

Omaha dropped him today
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Big weekend home stint for the Friars this weekend with Miami of Ohio coming in for two games. Going to be tough to get them for another 2 I think, they've got to be tired of losing to Friars. Hopefully team is ready and plays full 60 minute game. Chance to get some valuable PWR wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X