Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass is NewMass

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Welcome to our world. As you continue up the ladder towards prominence, you will experience this scenario more frequently. And you will also understand how frustrating it is for fans who are simply looking for continuity and stability.
    Bolting a team ranked in the top 3 in the final month of the regular season when the team has a legit shot at the FF is something that never happened in our world.

The timing of this is what is really sucky. Leaving teams to go play in other leagues does happen, but this is the first I've heard of it happening in late February. That's pretty crappy on his part and I seriously hope you guys get to Buffalo. Why he couldn't stick around another six weeks is beyond me. Unless there might be something else at play - mind you, I'm not trying to start anything. There may be a valid reason for it. All you can do is wish him well and focus on the team and move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      barring circumstance we don't know about, sounds like hockey advisor getting in kid's ear with some wrong - well, flat out bad advice.
      Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      Is it possible it has something to do with Sabre’s owning rights? Sign now become F/A sooner? Is weird
      I could maybe understand it if he had a spot waiting for him on an AHL club. But the ECHL...not so much. Life in that league is not glamorous (nor is the pay). I don't put much stock in it's being a strategic move as I don't see pro teams at any level jockeying to sign a kid who can't do any better than spare defenseman, even on a strong team.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        I could maybe understand it if he had a spot waiting for him on an AHL club. But the ECHL...not so much. Life in that league is not glamorous (nor is the pay). I don't put much stock in it's being a strategic move as I don't see pro teams at any level jockeying to sign a kid who can't do any better than spare defenseman, even on a strong team.
        It may not have been the player's decision nor a hockey-related decision. It was quite telling that when asked, Carvel deflected questions to the University.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
          It may not have been the player's decision nor a hockey-related decision. It was quite telling that when asked, Carvel deflected questions to the University.
          Yup...reminiscent of Garrett Cockerill's sudden departure from Northeastern (which probably cost it dearly in last year's post-season). But grades should have been out a long time ago so probably not academic-related. Useless to speculate on other possibilities.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Bolting a team ranked in the top 3 in the final month of the regular season when the team has a legit shot at the FF is something that never happened in our world.

The timing of this is what is really sucky. Leaving teams to go play in other leagues does happen, but this is the first I've heard of it happening in late February. That's pretty crappy on his part and I seriously hope you guys get to Buffalo. Why he couldn't stick around another six weeks is beyond me. Unless there might be something else at play - mind you, I'm not trying to start anything. There may be a valid reason for it. All you can do is wish him well and focus on the team and move forward.
            The timing does really suck. It’s not like they can bring a recruit in early to fill the gap. Classes have already started for the semester so they can’t enroll.

Oh well. Hope this works out for him. He suffered through Michelleto so he’s owed good things IMO.
            Last edited by jjmc85; 02-20-2019, 04:55 PM.
            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Gee, Scarlet...how shocking that your first response to me in a century is a critical one! I wasn't referring to the specifics of the situation, just the fact that as teams gain national prominence and recognition, the parade of players exiting early will increase. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                hope you guys get to Buffalo.....
                the prospect of having to stay in that place for an extended time could be the reason for leaving in and of itself!!!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  What the heck!!??

UMass senior defenseman leaves the team to sign an ECHL deal. Played 25 of 29 games this year. 1-2--3 with a +4 ... former 7th round NHL Draft pick.

What's the story here? 'cause if there's not a story, what a ******.
                  It's not hockey related, for sure.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Playoff tickets secured! Center-ice, up high. I'm thinking,likely,UNH will be the opponent. Quite a jump in price ($10/per) for playoffs, but I'm not ready to complain yet; "The Bill" is a beautiful barn...

Comment

Originally posted by uncledave View Post
                      Playoff tickets secured! Center-ice, up high. I'm thinking,likely,UNH will be the opponent. Quite a jump in price ($10/per) for playoffs, but I'm not ready to complain yet; "The Bill" is a beautiful barn...
                      If I recall correctly the league sets the playoff prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by meff View Post
                        If I recall correctly the league sets the playoff prices.
                        I hope the University picks up part of, if not all of, the tab for the students. Maybe make it $5/ game or $10/ series to ensure you get kids who really want to be there.
                        #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                          I hope the University picks up part of, if not all of, the tab for the students. Maybe make it $5/ game or $10/ series to ensure you get kids who really want to be there.
                          Are the students going to be around, when is spring break?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Are the students going to be around, when is spring break?
                            Students will be on break so there will be a limited number of students.

Comment

Actually you guys are so good we have no chance.

Comment

Regular Season Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X