UMass is NewMass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass is NewMass

the upcoming series against Q this wknd should be awesome couple gms. I may be down in CT Fri.. seriously considering catching your gm in Hamden. Of course hoping you guys cool off a bit before heading to NU, come Jan. again, well deserved season, keep it up.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Got our tickets for Saturday last night. Looked like a few hundred seats left. Get em now if you’re going!
      Sons of old Massachusetts,
      Devoted daughters true,
      Bay State, old Bay State,
      We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Weekend Preview: UMass Minutemen

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...minutemen.html
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Quinnipiac ends first half with 3-1 loss to #1 UMass

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-with-3-1.html
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

UMass crashes all the way down b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ to number two in the poll. Another test tomorrow with Yale.
            Sons of old Massachusetts,
            Devoted daughters true,
            Bay State, old Bay State,
            We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Did anyone watch the game tonight? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                Did anyone watch the game tonight? What happened?
                They didn't score as many goals as Lowell did.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Good sweep of Vermont this weekend for UMass. Now sets up a big home/home series with Northeastern this weekend.

Comment

Saw you guys early in the season and again tonight where NU stole a game, I must say you are fast and really very disciplined, despite the hard loss away, you could win a national championship if things fall into place. As much as I love my Huskies a UMASS drive deep in the tournament will be good for HE and UMASS in general! Make Mass the epicenter of hockey in this nation!

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                      ...Make Mass the epicenter of hockey in this nation!
                      Having way too much time on my hands, I did some quick research and figured out that some 34,526 people in eastern Mass. were watching NHL or college hockey on Saturday late afternoon/evening, despite the cold and snow. The breakdown:

Rangers at Bruins: 17,565
                      UMass at NU: 4,803
                      Vermont at Lowell: 4,244
                      QPac at BU: 3,611
                      Providence at BC: 3,419
                      RIT at Bentley: 926

There were two afternoon basketball games involving these same schools, which drew a combined total of 1,355:

UNCW at NU: 800
                      Colgate at BU: 555

So I'd say hockey is still King of the winter sports in this part of the country.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Too bad that UMass fans are not using this forum to discuss their thoughts on the team and how they have had an amazing year so far.

Comment

Too bad that UMass fans are not using this forum to discuss their thoughts on the team and how they have had an amazing year so far.
                          True enough. UMass gets more ink than this on the Maine thread, FCS.

We used to never miss a Maine game in Amherst; good seats were plentiful and that was as close as it got to an automatic win in the old Hockey East, but how things have changed. Very encouraging to see a former doormat program reach the top. This is a very fun team to watch, and I hope they bring home the hardware come April.

Comment

As I said before, we lurk.

This weekend showed that there are still concerns even at this point in the season. Lowell's game plan has beaten us twice this season, so I'm sure Carvel has been all over the player at practice this week. And Lowell hasn't lost since beating us, so there's a distinct possibility that they'll overtake us unless we keep the pressure on in the last 7 games (2 v BC, 2 v UConn, PC, MC, UMO). I'd say 5 out of 7 are winnable games, 2 (@BC and @PC) will be a toss up.
                            Last edited by Kieron; 02-12-2019, 02:23 PM.
                            GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Eh... message boards are kind of dying and UMass fans were ahead of the curve leaving here. For a while we went to UMasshoops but even that board is dying down too. After UMasshoops we went to the comment section of Fear the Triangle blog but that’s dormant as well. Now we just go to twitter.

Before social media became big, it used to be that the USCHO threads were must read for a college hockey fan. There were threads for every game and lots of posts and good information. Now for the most part, everyone’s on twitter, including posters from here who are fans of other teams. Why come here when I can instead go to twitter and interact with not only other fans, but also members of the media, Coaches, Athletic Directors, and official team accounts all while also checking out what’s happening with other things I’m interested in.

I lurk here every once in a while, but I never learn anything new anymore. It’s all on twitter already.

Also, if you want some random UMass fan’s perspective on the team here’s my best go at it.
                              1) The team is overachieving to the point where I have legitimate expectations for the first time since 07-08 when they were ranked number 5.
                              2) Never in my wildest dreams did I think UMass would be in first place of the conference halfway through February. That’s insane.
                              3) If they don’t win the conference regular season title, I’m gonna blame the following:

A) not sweeping NU when our best player had a breakaway with 30 seconds left in a tie game (This isn’t a knock on Makar. He’s been great. And he was slashed. He’s been great and the biggest reason for the turnaround. Just would have been huge to have that).
                              B) Coming our flat in Orono and losing the second game.
                              C) The second UML game. I went. That’s the most electric an atmosphere I remember for a road game ever. Better that NU ever has been, and they’re usually good. You could tell before the opening faceoff how bad the Lowell fans wanted that game, and rightly so. It was huge. You could tell from the opening faceoff how bad the UML players wanted that game. And UMass didn’t show up. That game was over in the first period when UMass took a penalty when on the powerplay and Lowell scored on the ensuing 4 on 4.

4) I hope PC bails us out this weekend and sweeps UML. PC has actually done a pretty good job so far IMO of losing games when UMass would want them too while winning others UMass would want them to. Hopefully that continues. If they can’t at least take points from the Riverhawks, the regular season trophy is probably going to Lowell.

These are a subset of things I’ve expressed from my twitter account this year.

Also, in the time I took to type this, I was apparently logged out and had to log back in. Doesn’t happen on social media
                              #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                                Eh... message boards are kind of dying and UMass fans were ahead of the curve leaving here. For a while we went to UMasshoops but even that board is dying down too. After UMasshoops we went to the comment section of Fear the Triangle blog but that’s dormant as well. Now we just go to twitter.

Before social media became big, it used to be that the USCHO threads were must read for a college hockey fan. There were threads for every game and lots of posts and good information. Now for the most part, everyone’s on twitter, including posters from here who are fans of other teams. Why come here when I can instead go to twitter and interact with not only other fans, but also members of the media, Coaches, Athletic Directors, and official team accounts all while also checking out what’s happening with other things I’m interested in.

I lurk here every once in a while, but I never learn anything new anymore. It’s all on twitter already.

Also, if you want some random UMass fan’s perspective on the team here’s my best go at it.
                                1) The team is overachieving to the point where I have legitimate expectations for the first time since 07-08 when they were ranked number 5.
                                2) Never in my wildest dreams did I think UMass would be in first place of the conference halfway through February. That’s insane.
                                3) If they don’t win the conference regular season title, I’m gonna blame the following:

A) not sweeping NU when our best player had a breakaway with 30 seconds left in a tie game (This isn’t a knock on Makar. He’s been great. And he was slashed. He’s been great and the biggest reason for the turnaround. Just would have been huge to have that).
                                B) Coming our flat in Orono and losing the second game.
                                C) The second UML game. I went. That’s the most electric an atmosphere I remember for a road game ever. Better that NU ever has been, and they’re usually good. You could tell before the opening faceoff how bad the Lowell fans wanted that game, and rightly so. It was huge. You could tell from the opening faceoff how bad the UML players wanted that game. And UMass didn’t show up. That game was over in the first period when UMass took a penalty when on the powerplay and Lowell scored on the ensuing 4 on 4.

4) I hope PC bails us out this weekend and sweeps UML. PC has actually done a pretty good job so far IMO of losing games when UMass would want them too while winning others UMass would want them to. Hopefully that continues. If they can’t at least take points from the Riverhawks, the regular season trophy is probably going to Lowell.

These are a subset of things I’ve expressed from my twitter account this year.

Also, in the time I took to type this, I was apparently logged out and had to log back in. Doesn’t happen on social media
                                They were ranked that high in 07-08? I remember being in Grand Rapids for the 2007 NCAA regional when BU was playing that year and following UMass' game. Was 07-08 also a year you made the tourney?

Comment

Working...
                                X