X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass is NewMass

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    It would be funny if UMass takes one home before UML
    If they play like they did this weekend they'll be tough to beat.

Comment

Congrats. Denver is a tough matchup. Keep flying up and down the ice and you'll be OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Congrats. Denver is a tough matchup. Keep flying up and down the ice and you'll be OK.
        Claim it...

https://youtu.be/MjwttGizNEs

Comment

Impressive. Massively, massively impressive. Keep it up fellas.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Yah!!!

F them
            Ya! F ‘em!! UMass, total domination and it was delicious to watch !!

Comment

I'm torn because there are a great deal of detestable UMass fans but Greg Carvel is legit and his team plays the game like it should be played. Fast, aggressive, relentless.

Also the Makar story is underplayed. Not him the player, but the story. Committed to John Micheletto! Given his tenure as coach it is unbelievable that Makar stayed with UMass and then still stayed with UMass during a coaching change before he arrived. Comes back for a 2nd year when most didn't think he would. The interview with his dad was great yesterday. Big fan of Makar, seems very well grounded and comes from a good family. Still sucks when you see guys leave after two years but this is an exception. He has been a tremendous "asset" and feather in the cap of the college route.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I'm torn because there are a great deal of detestable UMass fans but Greg Carvel is legit and his team plays the game like it should be played. Fast, aggressive, relentless.

Also the Makar story is underplayed. Not him the player, but the story. Committed to John Micheletto! Given his tenure as coach it is unbelievable that Makar stayed with UMass and then still stayed with UMass during a coaching change before he arrived. Comes back for a 2nd year when most didn't think he would. The interview with his dad was great yesterday. Big fan of Makar, seems very well grounded and comes from a good family. Still sucks when you see guys leave after two years but this is an exception. He has been a tremendous "asset" and feather in the cap of the college route.
                To add to this, he turned down an invite to the Canadian Olympic team last season because he didn’t want to miss additional Umass games after having already played in the WJC. Umass didn’t have as good of season last year and he still put his team ahead of that opportunity. Says a lot about this kid.
                Last edited by Middle Street; 03-31-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  To add to this, he turned down an invite to the Canadian Olympic team last season because he didn’t want to miss additional Umass games after having already played in the WJC. Umass didn’t have as good of season last year and he still put his team ahead of that opportunity. Says a lot about this kid.
                  A few of us were saying at the end of last year that UMass was a team to reckon with and would be a tough out with the young talent they had. They sure played up to that and beyond.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Totally underrated is the fact that UMass will be the home team against Denver as the higher seed. Getting the chance to get the line matchups they want gives Carvel a great advantage. Only Minnesota Duluth is still left that can be the home team over UMass should they both reach the championship game. Providence or Cornell cannot be the home team in any FF game and Quinnipiac only can if they play Denver in the championship.

Comment

Hope you guys go all the way. That was a very impressive weekend. We didn't stand a chance against you on Friday. You came, you saw, you conquered.

I met Greg Carvel when he was doing some scouting (I think Anaheim but I could be mistaken) and we watched Harvard play SLU. The way he breaks down a game, strengths/weaknesses is like getting an education in Hockey 101. The fact that he walked away from his alma mater and took over a floundering program and has brought it to the Frozen Four in three years is immense. The pros will be looking at him very soon as a candidate for some opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaamz View Post
                      Will this loss put an end to that one clown who keeps giving UMass a first place vote in the rankings?lol
                      This post aged well.
                      #NewMass

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                        This post aged well.
                        There’s been a whole lot of freezing cold takes around these parts lately.
                        Sons of old Massachusetts,
                        Devoted daughters true,
                        Bay State, old Bay State,
                        We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Good Luck in Buffalo
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Congrats & best of luck!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Go to Buffalo and win 2 games. Please. The other regions all had the team I least wanted to see advance win 2 games. Denver doesn't need another title. Duluth is too full of NCHC arrogance. PC does not need to win another title after backing into the tournament and being placed in their home city for no reason other than NCAA $$$. To me, the story of UMass is just too good to not come away with a championship. You guys had a great season. Congrats on beating us. Now go get two more!

Comment

Congrats and good luck in Buffalo!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X