UMass is NewMass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Agreed. Both games are being televised too. Thursday on NESN and Saturday on NBCSports Boston.
    that is awesome. means 3 days of local college hockey on TV (with doubleheader Sat now), as Friday's NU-UConn gm is on NESN as well & Sat Lowell-NU on NESNplus i believe.

Coming back to New Mass though, this team is fun to watch, no doubt.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: UMass is NewMass

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Only calling them NewMass from this point forward
      They'll always be ZooMass to me!

Great to see some new blood at the top of the heap. There's never been a good reason they shouldn't have been competitive. And I love the wings at The Hangar!
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Hope everyone who is not at the game with Providence will be watching on NESN tonight. Should prove to be a good one.

Comment

Tonight will tell if the umass surge is real.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Tonight will tell if the umass surge is real.
            Up two goals so far. Pretty good I'd say.

Comment

Sounds like they are dominating play. Up 2-0 just starting the 2nd.

Comment

WOW. Big win over #4 Providence in a very exciting battle with UMass coming out on top in the last minute and a half. Good luck Saturday with the rematch.

Comment

Wow, you guys are pretty effin good this year! We need to send some people down there to study what you're doing. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                    Hope everyone who is not at the game with Providence will be watching on NESN tonight. Should prove to be a good one.
                    I watched it. The winning goal by Farmer was a good one. I thought the penalty allowing Providence to tie the game was going to be the "back breaker" for the Minutemen. This team is for real. Both of these teams can skate and have excellent control of the puck. Looking forward to Saturday's game.

Comment

Caught the 1st and 3rd periods tonight and it was nice to see Umass come out with a hard fought win over a very good squad. I'd say PC had the better of the play in the 3rd but Murray was solid between the pipes and Umass caught a break on the seeing-eye point shot for the late winner.

Coach Carvel and his staff have been exactly the tonic that was needed in Amherst to rebuild the program. As Kieron said its still extremely early but you can't help but be pleased with the Minutemen's great start to the season.

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Where are Wardy. Karen, Alan etc.?
                      Speaking for myself living 300 miles away, a growing family, and expanding work commitments combined with a general dissatisfaction with the previous AD's handling of the overall athletic department have taken my attention to other things in the last few years usually checking in with Fear the Triangle's Twitter recaps. This team is a fun team to watch and is defiantly creating a bat signal to old timers like myself.

Comment

::waves:: Hi Wardy!

Comment

close gm between 2 good squads. UMass showing why they are the team to be reckoned with, right now. Pulled it off late, as good teams do.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            I watched it. The winning goal by Farmer was a good one. I thought the penalty allowing Providence to tie the game was going to be the "back breaker" for the Minutemen. This team is for real. Both of these teams can skate and have excellent control of the puck. Looking forward to Saturday's game.
                            Was that a legit call? Seemed like the linesman forgot that the penalty expired live
                            #NewMass

Comment

Having one of the best players in college hockey (Makar) doesn't hurt! Thought you had a lot of the pieces last year, but goaltending was suspect. If Murray can continue to come up big, you'll definitely be making noise, perhaps even on a National level. Beat PC on Saturday and who knows where you'll be ranked!
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Dealing with UMass students at the Mullins Center was bad enough when UMass sucked but now that NewMass is good...hide the women and children.

Comment

Working...
                                X