This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    So, they're pulling up stakes? Does that mean Alaska will join Puerto Rico on Trump's **** list?
    No, selling off all their assets (oil field leases, equipment, buildings etc.) for $5.6 billion to Hilcorp.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Per Darren Rovell:
      August 29, 1997: Netflix launches DVD service.

2000: Reed Hastings (Netflix CEO) approaches John Antico (former Blockbuster CEO), offers to sell for $50M Antico declines.

August 29, 2019: Netflix has 155 million subscribers and is worth $131 billion. There is 1 Blockbuster.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

My first financial mistake was not being born into a wealthy family. It's been all downhill since.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          My first financial mistake was not being born into a wealthy family. It's been all downhill since.
          The Plan is to fix that by marrying into one. Unfortunately, most rich people, and virtually all children of rich people, are so morally and intellectually bankrupt that no amount of money is worth being near them. This is why they pair off.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The Plan is to fix that by marrying into one. Unfortunately, most rich people, and virtually all children of rich people, are so morally and intellectually bankrupt that no amount of money is worth being near them. This is why they pair off.
            True story. When I was a child, I went to a church in the Muskegon suburbs. If you weren't Norton Shores wealthy, you were overlooked at best.
            Last edited by MissThundercat; 08-30-2019, 11:37 AM.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              True story. When I was a child, I went to a church in the Muskegon suburbs. If you weren't Norton Shores wealthy, you were overlooked at best.
              Just like Jesus wanted.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Just like Jesus wanted.
                Wasn't until I started going to churches in the city that my (lack of) income didn't matter.

If I wanted to be rich, I should have gone for an MBA. Instead, I'm chasing an MSW.

Comment

Can someone explain to me WHY after the Tax Cuts and 84 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump that the economy isn't screaming right now?

The concept that this is true has been drilled into every American's skull since 1980. Why isn't the President on the TV right now explaining WHY his trickle down economics are not working? Enquiring minds want to know.

Also, since Climate Change isn't real why is Greenland, Antarctica, and the Arctic Circle melting? I don't get it. Are they lying? President's don't lie, (I just posted a video to that affect this morning).

By the way. Every moron who sold this ****ing economic bull**** can all DIE. Just DIE. You're a stain on humanity.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Can someone explain to me WHY after the Tax Cuts and 84 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump that the economy isn't screaming right now?
                    Probably for the same reason that supply side and deregulation have failed in every real life situation in which they have been applied in history.

Because they were an obvious con for the rich to rip off the rest of us.

As liberals have said since 1978.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

The concept that this is true has been drilled into every American's skull since 1980. Why isn't the President on the TV right now explaining WHY his trickle down economics are not working? Enquiring minds want to know.

Also, since Climate Change isn't real why is Greenland, Antarctica, and the Arctic Circle melting? I don't get it. Are they lying? President's don't lie, (I just posted a video to that affect this morning).

By the way. Every moron who sold this ****ing economic bull**** can all DIE. Just DIE. You're a stain on humanity.
                      More appropriately, why isn't every Democrat on tv screaming about how with all those tax cuts, and business being no longer strangled by "burdensome" regulations that promote worker safety and environmental protections, the economy isn't steaming along at Trump's promised 5% growth rate?

I mean, 5% growth was supposed to be easy.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Per Darren Rovell:
                        August 29, 1997: Netflix launches DVD service.

2000: Reed Hastings (Netflix CEO) approaches John Antico (former Blockbuster CEO), offers to sell for $50M Antico declines.

August 29, 2019: Netflix has 155 million subscribers and is worth $131 billion. There is 1 Blockbuster.
                        Already a B school case study classic.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Already a B school case study classic.
                          My favorite business case study is the entire North American video game market imploding in 1983.

All kinds of crazy shiat going on there. Everyone and their brother tried to hop on the gravy train and the result was a tsunami of questionable product until consumers threw their hands up and the market collapsed under its own weight. Quaker Oats had a farking video game division. It was mayhem.

Something like a 97% market devaluation in 1 year.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            My favorite business case study is the entire North American video game market imploding in 1983.

All kinds of crazy shiat going on there. Everyone and their brother tried to hop on the gravy train and the result was a tsunami of questionable product until consumers threw their hands up and the market collapsed under its own weight. Quaker Oats had a farking video game division. It was mayhem.

Basically, the original Dot Com Boom.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              More appropriately, why isn't every Democrat on tv screaming about how with all those tax cuts, and business being no longer strangled by "burdensome" regulations that promote worker safety and environmental protections, the economy isn't steaming along at Trump's promised 5% growth rate?

I mean, 5% growth was supposed to be easy.
                              I think the simplest answer is because the dems with the most power (Pelosi and Schumer) are typical dems who suck at messaging and pretty much always adopt the right wing's framing of most issues (whereas AOC is far better at pointing out the flaws in their logic and breaking down how silly those talking points are). The longer answer would be that they have to thread a needle because ultimately I think their donors want to just maintain the status quo and the trajectory of the Obama economy which they perceive as good enough (which is where it's at now essentially) while also decrying the tax cuts that didn't help the average person in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

NERDS!!!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X