X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    JPM started that process early this year or late last year when they were getting blasted for their employees not being able to pay for rent, food, daycare, daily commute, and work clothes. They tried to defend themselves, but it didn't go well for them. And I doubt they've actually changed any pay rates for their employees most in need of it.
    They were laughing all the way to the ... err, well, you know the rest.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Huh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...tions-purpose/

“Americans deserve an economy that allows each person to succeed through hard work and creativity and to lead a life of meaning and dignity," reads the statement from the organization, which is chaired by JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon.
      So, somebody thinks Warren's gonna win.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        JPM started that process early this year or late last year when they were getting blasted for their employees not being able to pay for rent, food, daycare, daily commute, and work clothes. They tried to defend themselves, but it didn't go well for them. And I doubt they've actually changed any pay rates for their employees most in need of it.
        Right. This is all just PR. wake me when they actually do something besides release press statements.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          “Please don’t collect our heads during the revolution. Pretty please.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8JFVSNxkEI
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some white collar crime should get the death penalty.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Some white collar crime should get the death penalty.
              See what happens when one trusts a Mexican??
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Whistleblower says Disney inflates revenue

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...enue-for-years

Comment

I would suggest everyone not take these allegations of fraud as gospel without a bit more evidence. Short selling is a game just as much as any other shenanigans we've all seen in the markets. I'm not aware of any penalties for going public with an alleged good faith accusation and then cleaning up on the downturn via a short position while the authorities and the markets digest the info and prove or disprove it. On the flip side, one of the few things you do actually go to jail for is cooking the books (along with insider trading) as the Enron/WorldCom/etc people can tell you.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

This is a good start and I hope every Democrat signs on to it. That means you too, Joe.

Sen. Bernie Sanders has released his “workplace democracy plan,” a sweeping set of proposals for strengthening and modernizing U.S. labor laws that would, if enacted, create a major shift in the power balance in American workplaces. Sanders debuted the plan Wednesday as he and other candidates appeared at the Iowa Federation of Labor's convention.

The reasons for the plan are at the core of Sanders’ candidacy. As its introduction notes, “Declining unionization has fueled rising inequality. Today, corporate profits are at an all-time high, while wages as a percentage of the economy are near an all-time low. The middle class is disappearing, and the gap between the very rich and everyone else is growing wider and wider”—and some key reasons for this aren’t a mystery. “There are many reasons for the growing inequality in our economy, but one of the most significant reasons for the disappearing middle class is that the rights of workers to join together and bargain for better wages, benefits, and working conditions have been severely undermined.”

Sanders’ plan takes off from that point and has a lot of ways to fix it. Among them:

Allow workers to organize unions through a majority sign-up process.

Guarantee all workers, including domestic and farm workers, the right to unionize.

Prevent companies with new unions from exploiting loopholes to delay a first contract—currently “more than half of workers who vote to form a union don’t have a union contract a year later and 37 percent still do not have a first contract two years after the election” because of employer foot-dragging and weak labor laws.

Repeal Section 14(b) of the Taft Hartley Act, which allows states to pass so-called “right to work” laws, which allow workers to get out of paying union dues while getting the benefits of union representation.

Crack down on misclassification of workers as independent contractors, denying them minimum wage and overtime protections, workers comp and unemployment benefits, and more; or as supervisors, exempting them from overtime.

Keep companies from using franchises or contractors to evade responsibility for their workers. “If a company can decide who to hire and who to fire and how much to pay an employee at a franchise, that company will be considered a joint employer along with the owner of a particular franchise — and both employers must engage in collective bargaining over the terms and conditions of employment.”

Give federal workers the right to strike and all public sector unions the right to negotiate.

”Issue an executive order to prevent companies from receiving federal contracts that outsource jobs overseas, pay workers less than $15 an hour without benefits, refuse to remain neutral in union organizing efforts, pay executives over 150 times more than average workers, hire workers to replace striking workers, or close businesses after workers vote to unionize.”
                    I expect the co-opted Democrats to squeal like scalded babies that people might be put before top executives' compensation and owners' profits. To the cocktail party friends of people like David Brooks, Maggie Haberman, Tom Friedman, and the entire editorial board of the New York Times, this simply isn't done.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 08-21-2019, 01:20 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Nice job, Bernie. I like it.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That is dang good proposal.

I’m willing to bet Biden and Tech Bro Yang will be against it though.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Biden will waffle, Hillary-style.

I don't think Yang will go near it.

I hope to hell Warren gets out in front and hollers all for it. Even if she has some nits she knows that will come out in the legislative wash. The important thing here is to have a strong, clear message that there's a new sheriff in town who will back the worker at least as strongly as capital. We haven't had that in this country since Eisenhower, and it sure shows.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Wow! I'm on board with that.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I like it. He should add the proposal I saw by Sherrod Brown maybe that share buybucks should also trigger a bonus payout to workers.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                This is a good start and I hope every Democrat signs on to it. That means you too, Joe.

I expect the co-opted Democrats to squeal like scalded babies that people might be put before top executives' compensation and owners' profits. To the cocktail party friends of people like David Brooks, Maggie Haberman, Tom Friedman, and the entire editorial board of the New York Times, this simply isn't done.
                                I think it looks good.

I like the Sherrod Brown addition as well. Time to turn around the shareholder economy and make it an economy that works for the people.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X