X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics, and Tax Policy 8: Bezos Takes Over the World

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Saturn was the Corolla match, and also my first car, and also possibly the reason I'm still alive. The only serious accident I've been in in my life utterly destroyed my Saturn and left me without a scratch. I have no idea how since, being an American vehicle, I assume it was composed of pressed corn syrup, but... here I stand.
    You owe me a coffee and a monitor
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      My next car could very well be a 4 door fully loaded sport tuned 365 horsepower...Kia. Chew on that.
      Stinger?
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        I live in Maine and drive a lot on dirt roads (we have a cabin in the woods on a remote lake). I'm definitely not in the market for a luxury car or SUV, I'm looking for something practical. I have a Subaru Forester, which was pretty inexpensive, and a Toyota Tacoma, which at almost $40K is the most I've been willing to spend on a vehicle thus far (I'm cheap when it comes to cars). The Toyotas feel much nicer than the Subarus and I think next time I'll consider a hybrid Highlander instead (assuming someone doesn't have an all electric option I like by then).
        Yeah, I kinda veered off and missed my own point. WHat I was trying to get at was the Corolla standard interior vs. the Fusion Platinum. The Toyota's was just better.
        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I've never hidden that the reason I am liberal is I loathe the Poors. They are violent and boring and most of them vote wrong. I want to eliminate poverty and the best way is to raise the Poors into the middle class. If you have a better idea, as say firing them into the Sun, I'm all ears.

Just save the smart ones.

if you want to talk to somebody who tolerates, nay, likes the Poors, you'll have to talk to Dr. Mrs. She f-cking dotes on them.
          I can't tell if this is Succession-esque satire...
          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Yeah, I kinda veered off and missed my own point. WHat I was trying to get at was the Corolla standard interior vs. the Fusion Platinum. The Toyota's was just better.
            AND the Corolla is a car class below the Fusion.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              AND the Corolla is a car class below the Fusion.
              Is it really? I thought they were about the same: Four-door family sedan.

Jeebus, you're right. The Corolla is considered a compact. I guess I was confusing it with the Camry. On a side note, Toyota sucks at giving cars names almost as much as Ford does.

Edit: Good lord. Look at the Camry's interior (link)

This isn't a competition, it's a massacre.
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Rover, Kep, you’re both rich d-bags and come the revolution you’ll both face the guillotine. Kep just gets the benefit of being towards the back of the line.
                I've got an Ivy degree and I wear glasses. I'm probably up right behind Adelson.

My Tale of Two Cities speech in its entirety:

"I'd just like to say that I don't support this.

But I understan'."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I can't tell if this is Succession-esque satire...
                  My work is done.

BTW, I just saw it on HBO's Spring preview, S2 is coming! :-)
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Stinger?
                    That's the plan.

Trying to fight off the "you have no car payment right now you nincompoop" angel on my shoulder - the Miata has a throwout bearing on the way out so I get that glorious squealing noise when I start it on cold days, so that could be my excuse.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Is it really? I thought they were about the same: Four-door family sedan.

Jeebus, you're right. The Corolla is considered a compact. I guess I was confusing it with the Camry. On a side note, Toyota sucks at giving cars names almost as much as Ford does.

Edit: Good lord. Look at the Camry's interior (link)

This isn't a competition, it's a massacre.
                      I think the American companies just don't care about building good cars. They don't sell enough, as fat Americans want big trucks and SUVs. So they say, why bother, no one wants to buy them.

And as was pointed out, every time they do actually manage to cobble something decent together, as Ford did a few different times with the Focus, they pull the plug, cause they make more money selling trucks

So anyone who wants a small, nicely turned out, small car, has to go Asian or European by default.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        That's the plan.

Trying to fight off the "you have no car payment right now you nincompoop" angel on my shoulder - the Miata has a throwout bearing on the way out so I get that glorious squealing noise when I start it on cold days, so that could be my excuse.
                        What year Miata?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          I think the American companies just don't care about building good cars. They don't sell enough, as fat Americans want big trucks and SUVs. So they say, why bother, no one wants to buy them.

And as was pointed out, every time they do actually manage to cobble something decent together, as Ford did a few different times with the Focus, they pull the plug, cause they make more money selling trucks...
                          ...which probably wouldn't happen without light trucks benefiting from a, you guessed it, 25% tariff.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            ...which probably wouldn't happen without light trucks benefiting from a, you guessed it, 25% tariff.
                            AKA a 25% tax on American consumers.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              AKA a 25% tax on American consumers.
                              But we're raking in so much money from those tariffs on Jhina.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                But we're raking in so much money from those tariffs on Jhina.
                                The 1% do have a lot of raking going on. The rest of us? A one tong dinner fork if we're lucky.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X