D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I rather suspect Tuesday night's win just might have made them take Holy Cross for granted. A classic case of an emotional letdown?
    What an embarrassment really. It brings to a screeching halt all the accolades they were getting following their victory over BC. Makes for a very imbalanced week for them to say the least. For shame! Lol.
    Last edited by shelfit; 11-30-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Re: D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      What an embarrassment really. It brings to a screeching halt all the accolades they were getting following their victory over BC. Makes for a very imbalanced week for them to say the least. For shame! Lol.
      Some interesting results so far this weekend but this game for Northeastern takes the cake. Look, I was at the game that Minnesota fell behind winless Bemidji 2-0 in the first game but won 6-2 and struggled to beat the second game 2-1. However, they managed to get it done. Northeastern, even with a supposed letdown should have been able to overcome said letdown and beat HC if they are to be considered a top 5 team.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Ongoing craziness

Cornell beats Clarkson, making the Golden Knights winless on the weekend
        BU sweeps BC
        Vermont beats Maine
        Connecticut beats Providence
        "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

So Colgate loses some seemingly no brainer games then sweeps Clarkson and SLU in not so close games.

Comment

What this weekend really needs is for Mankato to beat Ohio State.

Oh, wait . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
              What this weekend really needs is for Mankato to beat Ohio State.

Oh, wait . . .
              I’m counting six top ten teams that lost to unranked opponents this week. Quite something. I hope Mercyhurst is fired up to take a shot at getting back in the top ten. They’ve got Bemidji next week, then Ohio State.

Comment

Hey Y’all.....quick question....once your fave players graduate, do you follow them on their respective new teams and watch their games? I watched the Whitecaps vs. Pride yesterday.....( I watch NWHL as often as possible), the quality is insane and watching these teams that are just shy of being Olympic caliber, is awesome! Stecklein, Coyne, Decker, Pfaltzer, Burt, Leveille, Curtis, Skamurra, Krizova, Meeri (Whale’s goalie...too long a last name).....some seriously great hockey! I’m hoping that these Ladies can depend on this dedicated group of fans to help promote and support their future endeavors! Cheers, Zoofer

Comment

Ohio State beats Minnesota State 2-0 to split the series.
                  Northeastern beats Holy Cross 3-0 to split their series.
                  Wisconsin thrashes Syracuse 9-1 for the sweep.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Wisconsin thrashes Syracuse 9-1 for the sweep.
                    Wisconsin played their second string goalie for the last two periods, and the last three goals were scored by the fourth line playing on a power play, a fourth liner scoring her first goal of the year, and a short-hander. It wasn't like the Badgers were trying to run it up, but sometimes there's only so much you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Wisconsin played their second string goalie for the last two periods, and the last three goals were scored by the fourth line playing on a power play, a fourth liner scoring her first goal of the year, and a short-hander. It wasn't like the Badgers were trying to run it up, but sometimes there's only so much you can do.
                      Syracuse is just that bad. They only found a way to put 9 shots on goal over 60 minutes. That's less than 2 shots every 10 minutes. That's pathetic! Meanwhile their opponent scored the same number of goals as that. That's really pathetic!

Comment

• Re: D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Syracuse is just that bad. They only found a way to put 9 shots on goal over 60 minutes. That's less than 2 shots every 10 minutes. That's pathetic! Meanwhile their opponent scored the same number of goals as that. That's really pathetic!
                        Here's the chant: "As many goals as shots! As many goals as shots!" It was very unusual for that to get used in the 3rd period. It was awesome. At least UW took care of business, unlike the lower ranked teams to wet themselves.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                          Hey Y’all.....quick question....once your fave players graduate, do you follow them on their respective new teams and watch their games? I watched the Whitecaps vs. Pride yesterday.....( I watch NWHL as often as possible), the quality is insane and watching these teams that are just shy of being Olympic caliber, is awesome! Stecklein, Coyne, Decker, Pfaltzer, Burt, Leveille, Curtis, Skamurra, Krizova, Meeri (Whale’s goalie...too long a last name).....some seriously great hockey! I’m hoping that these Ladies can depend on this dedicated group of fans to help promote and support their future endeavors! Cheers, Zoofer
                          Hey Zoofer. Great question and I am curious if there are other NW or CW followers here too. I just started paying a little attention to the leagues last year as it just wasn’t in my radar before that. When I saw the Beauts load up their roster this summer, I decided I was foolish not to go to a game. Took my family on a three hour drive to Buffalo and we absolutely loved it. I thought it was great for my four year old daughter and two year old son to experience.

More names that I enjoyed watching: Blake Bolden, Savannah Harmon, Dani Cameranesi, and Shannon Szabados. I have a huge amount of respect for all the people involved with the leagues, I think what they are doing is amazing. I will go to another game next year, if I was local would go to more games.

Comment

I'm a Whitecaps season ticket holder, though I've only managed to make it to half the games so far. While I enjoy seeing the former Gophers, at this point I'm really a fan of the players on the team, no matter where they played in college.

Comment

I went to some of the early games in Boston, but they were nothing like the current product.....I watched the Pride dismantle the Whitecaps twice this weekend......Burt in nets for the Pride was unreal but she did have a lot of help....the Pride not only trapped to slow down the Caps but Gigi Marvin had 3G, 1A for the 2 games (side note: every time Coyne-Schofeld got the puck, I love her bloody speed)......2 great sniper shots! It seems that now the games are end to end, with great action but talent and technique are just under the Olympic product....the refs also let contact go, but no checking so it's a fair balance.....glad that a few enjoy watching them still.....I just wish that every team would be helped out bby an NHL club so that these athletes got their due!! Somehow, I'm not sure men would go thru the same daily grind, week in and out, if they weren't being compensated...….but that's me...

Comment

i watched the Whitecap vs Pride Game that was streamed on Sunday. That was a lot of fun and really close until it wasn't...I will definitely try and see more of these games going forward. Was fun to see all the Boston girls from BC/Northeastern and everywhere else. ... Loved watching Gigi show the home crowd. Schofield's speed is undeniable. Burt was impressive as well. Makes me wonder who the Pride lost to if the could do that to the Whitecaps. These girls sure work hard in addition to working hard at their real (paying) jobs. not sure when they practice but I am betting they don't get the best ice times.

Comment

Working...
                                X