Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    I'm assuming Plattsburgh makes money on the deal. And I don't know how much two hours really "screws" them. Screwing them would be saying we have too much going on with the NYSPHSAA basketball games taking place that day and declining to bid to host the first round which would have sent them to Endicott instead of hosting. Maybe the chaos of everything going on at the field house that afternoon will go to further unnerve a team that's on the road against a team that's faster and outscored them at an almost even 2 to 1 clip this year.

Does it suck to be playing in the first round as a 3 seed? Yes. But if Plattsburgh is truly a championship team, they should be able to defeat a team that went 0-2-1 against ranked teams this season, whether it's Saturday night or a Wednesday afternoon. The team has to focus on the things they can control, and they can't control the bracket or the schedule. They can control how they prepare for and play in potentially two playoff games in 4 days.
    I was more thinking of people that work for a living and won't be able to attend a 5:00 game because of work. A 5:00 pm start probably lowers attendance for the Plattsburgh women.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

The field of teams should make for some great hockey to watch. Would like to have more matches between the east and west teams before the championship round. Would cost a lot of money to make that happen I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        Pretty disgusting to screw your college women's team in favor of a high school basketball game. Glad to see the college has its priorities straight.
        There was the year that Plattsburgh "kicked" the men's team out of hosting a quarterfinal game so the women could host the frozen four. So, I think what you said is a bit uncalled for.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by MIAC_Hockey_Dad View Post
          The field of teams should make for some great hockey to watch. Would like to have more matches between the east and west teams before the championship round. Would cost a lot of money to make that happen I guess.
          You must be new to the D3 world. LOL
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            There was the year that Plattsburgh "kicked" the men's team out of hosting a quarterfinal game so the women could host the frozen four. So, I think what you said is a bit uncalled for.
            If I remember right, hat was the school forced to decide between two college teams by the NCAA. (And I think hosting the FF outweighs hosted a QF game if you're being forced to choose one). Correct me if I'm wrong about that...

This is the college accommodating high school basketball ahead of one of its college teams.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Elmira jumped Plattsburgh in the "final" Pairwise. It won't make a difference since Adrian and Elmira are stuck with each other, but I'm still a little surprised. Elmira has never been ahead of Plattsburgh to date. Elmira beats #18 & #20 this weekend, while Plattsburgh beat #15. Interesting...
              Help me understand this... Why is Plattsburgh who's ranked 3rd (arguably should be 2nd) have to play a 1st round game when there are lower ranked teams like Adrian #4, W-EU#8, W-RF#6 and Hamline#5 getting a bye into the quarterfinals? Why wouldn't the NCAA want to "reward" a higher ranked team? There seems to be an injustice.

Comment

If I remember right, hat was the school forced to decide between two college teams by the NCAA. (And I think hosting the FF outweighs hosted a QF game if you're being forced to choose one). Correct me if I'm wrong about that...

This is the college accommodating high school basketball ahead of one of its college teams.
                Close enough as far as I can remember also.

I see what you're saying. I guess my point is the college has certainly been fair with the women in the past. Even if this time it is choosing between their own college team and a "rental" agreement with the high schools.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
                  Help me understand this... Why is Plattsburgh who's ranked 3rd (arguably should be 2nd) have to play a 1st round game when there are lower ranked teams like Adrian #4, W-EU#8, W-RF#6 and Hamline#5 getting a bye into the quarterfinals? Why wouldn't the NCAA want to "reward" a higher ranked team? There seems to be an injustice.
                  No argument there.

However, the committee works under the D3 rules which is to avoid air travel in the early rounds as much as possible for budget reasons. This was their solution.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    No argument there.

However, the committee works under the D3 rules which is to avoid air travel in the early rounds as much as possible for budget reasons. This was their solution.

That's BS on their part. All these teams work hard to get to where they are all season only to learn that money determines who and when you play. What would of happened if Plattsburgh was #1? Same result? BTW... definitely buying into the NCAA "deep state" with the last minute update on the Elmira ranking.

Comment

That's BS on their part. All these teams work hard to get to where they are all season only to learn that money determines who and when you play. What would of happened if Plattsburgh was #1? Same result? BTW... definitely buying into the NCAA "deep state" with the last minute update on the Elmira ranking.
                      If Plattsburgh was #1, the committee would probably have reversed the region where the first round was played and made the first round Eau Claire @ St. Thomas and River Falls @ Hamline with the winners meeting each other in the QF and thus putting Endicott/Plattsburgh and Norwich/Williams through to the QF.

Comment

This post is BS.

First of all, complain all you want, this is the way D3 works in all sports. And teams constantly get screwed because of it. Look at D3 football if you really want to see this affect.

Secondly, the PWR are out there for everyone to see. There is nothing hidden this year. And it showed Elmira passing Plattsburgh by the hair of the chinny chin chin when the final results entered the database.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

really your going to call Elmira bias???? despite these rankings Elmira has been the best team all year.
                          The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                          "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                          "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                          9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

• Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
                            really your going to call Elmira bias???? despite these rankings Elmira has been the best team all year.
                            Plattsburgh & Elmira are about as even as you can get. They are 1-1 against each other with I believe identical scores. Actually Plattsburgh has a better winning percentage and a higher SOS. not quite sure how, but Elmira ended up with a higher adjusted RPI and that is how they jumped them.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Elmira's ranking is irrelevant to the first two rounds. They are playing Adrian in the QF no matter where they (or Adrian for that matter) were ranked. The NCAA has been steady with this for years. The only way Elmira's passing Plattsburgh comes into effect (thanks, Russell) is if St. Thomas loses in their QF and Elmira is given preference to host the FF.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                Elmira's ranking is irrelevant to the first two rounds. They are playing Adrian in the QF no matter where they (or Adrian for that matter) were ranked. The NCAA has been steady with this for years. The only way Elmira's passing Plattsburgh comes into effect (thanks, Russell) is if St. Thomas loses in their QF and Elmira is given preference to host the FF.
                                As long as Elmira gets by the pesky Bulldogs !!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X