D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Tess Adams, who just finished her career as a Suffolk Ram, signed with the Connecticut Whale of the NWHL and played in their game yesterday. She had two blocked shots and served a bench minor charged to the team to start the 2nd period of a 6-1 loss to Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      Tess Adams, who just finished her career as a Suffolk Ram, signed with the Connecticut Whale of the NWHL and played in their game yesterday. She had two blocked shots and served a bench minor charged to the team to start the 2nd period of a 6-1 loss to Boston.
      Not sure what this Whale team is all about...they seem to have a lot of D3 girls on the roster. Seems like an odd way to achieve success in a pro league.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat View Post
        Not sure what this Whale team is all about...they seem to have a lot of D3 girls on the roster. Seems like an odd way to achieve success in a pro league.
        Maybe they will go the way of the Whalers

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Maybe they will go the way of the Whalers
          They're going to move Raleigh, NC?? Maybe they'll change their name to the Hericanes?
          Last edited by shelfit; 02-25-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I'm curious about how USCHO's Pairwise Rankings have River Falls and Elmira tied at 3, eventhough Elmira has a better win% and a better RPI. I thought RPI kinda took into account all of those statistical categories that the NCAA compares teams on...the OW%, OOW%, SOS, etc.

Is there someother component to the Pairwise that isn't shown other than Win% and RPI...that brings River Falls up?
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
              I'm curious about how USCHO's Pairwise Rankings have River Falls and Elmira tied at 3, eventhough Elmira has a better win% and a better RPI. I thought RPI kinda took into account all of those statistical categories that the NCAA compares teams on...the OW%, OOW%, SOS, etc.

Is there someother component to the Pairwise that isn't shown other than Win% and RPI...that brings River Falls up?
              Pairwise compares each team with every other team on those metrics and each time they beat a team that's in the comparison, they get a point. So in this case I believe Elmira and River Falls tie each other in PairWise points and don't beat each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                Pairwise compares each team with every other team on those metrics and each time they beat a team that's in the comparison, they get a point. So in this case I believe Elmira and River Falls tie each other in PairWise points and don't beat each other.
                To expand on this: the Pairwise compares Winning percentage, RPI, Head-to-head, and Common opponents. If two teams split those comparisons, the one with the higher RPI wins. In this scenario, Elmira DOES win the direct comparison with River Falls.

There is likely somebody that River Falls beats that Elmira loses to, resulting in them tying on the total number of comparisons won, even though Elmira wins the comparison between the two.
                Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 02-25-2019, 08:38 PM.
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post

I was wondering the same thing!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                    To expand on this: the Pairwise compares Winning percentage, RPI, Head-to-head, and Common opponents. If two teams split those comparisons, the one with the higher RPI wins. In this scenario, Elmira DOES win the direct comparison with River Falls.

There is likely somebody that River Falls beats that Elmira loses to, resulting in them tying on the total number of comparisons won, even though Elmira wins the comparison between the two.
                    Ok..thats interesting...thanks to you and Scott for clarifying!
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Is there some examples of common opponents. Seems like you could have 2 pairwise polls, East and West and alternate the finals between the 2. Or are there not enough teams in the West?

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        Ok..thats interesting...thanks to you and Scott for clarifying!
                        I found it! Contrary to my earlier post, Winning Percentage is NOT its own criterion, but rather just part of the RPI. Elmira wins the RPI comparison against everybody but Plattsburgh and St. Thomas, so it had to be someone the Soaring Eagles lost to AND they have to beat Elmira on Common Opponents, while having no H2H or Common Opponents with UWRF... and there's one that does: Williams.

This is the result of two games: Elmira's December loss to Williams, and Elmira's November tie with Middlebury, which is the only Common Opponents blemish for either team (other common opponents are Amherst and Manhattanville, whom the two teams play next in their respective conference tournaments, so a loss for either team throws this out of whack).

Williams wins the comparison with Elmira, but loses to UWRF. This creates both the tie for 3rd AND the tie for 6th.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Am I the only one here that gets sick of only hearing about Platt, Adrian, St Thomas, Hameline, Elmira, Midd & Norwich?

Does anyone else have something to say about another team? How about this... Wilkes Goalie... 1st Team?

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                            Am I the only one here that gets sick of only hearing about Platt, Adrian, St Thomas, Hameline, Elmira, Midd & Norwich?

Does anyone else have something to say about another team? How about this... Wilkes Goalie... 1st Team?
                            For sure. First team all what??

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post

River Falls and Eau Claire!
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post

You seem to have two choices: write about other teams as you see fit or stop reading the board. I am a Plattsburgh alum. I live and work in Plattsburgh and I watch Plattsburgh play. I'm afraid I can't comment on the Wilkes goalie because I've never seen her (or her team) play before... Now, if you want to talk about the Cardinals...
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X