D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

St. Thomas leads Hamline 2-0 despite being outshot after 1 period.

Plattsburgh leads Buff State 7-1 in the third. Toczek's lone score for the Bengals is the first shorthanded goal conceded by Plattsburgh since February 13, 2016 (Kayla Dion with a shorthanded ENG to seal a 4-2 Utica win).

Hamilton up on Conn 1-0 late in the first
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-16-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Pipers come back to win 3-2 in OT to hand St. Thomas their first loss of the year. Schwartzman scores the goal that denies her former team an undefeated season.
      Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-16-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Pipers come back to win 3-2 in OT to hand St. Thomas their first loss of the year
        The right team won this one. 37-14 shots and dominated offensive play.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          To be honest, I thought Hamline looked like the better team last night as well. I didn't see today's game but felt that Hamline dominated the game more last night. Looking at the box score...St Thomas with 10 penalties today...spent a whole period on the PK... I think Hamline could put up a pretty good fight against anyone.

I wanted St Thomas to win so those east teams would have to travel again...here's hoping Plattsburgh loses to Middlebury!

It'll be pretty interesting to see how things shake out. What happens to Middlebury if Williams completes the sweep tonight and they lose to Plattsburgh? I'm guessing Hamline wishes they could have a couple of those ties back right now :P
          Last edited by gojackets; 02-16-2019, 06:14 PM.
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            Tommies taking 10 penalties will do that...

Comment

Williams completes the weekend sweep, with Avery Dunn with the OT winner. 2-1 final

Comment

Another week in the books and Bracketology doesn't change a ton. A quick look and I think Hamline & River Falls have switched places (meaning I still think they play each other in the tourney, but now River Falls would appear to be the home team. The other change is to replace Middlebury in the projections with Williams. They essentially switched places in the PairWise and William is the NESCAC regular season champ. I still feel the #1 seed would go back to St. Thomas if they win the MIAC tourney, which would mean the first round games would be in the east. If Plattsburgh holds onto the #1 seed, I think both first round games would be in the west.
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                  Tommies taking 10 penalties will do that...
                  Umm....Hamline took 8 penalties...not that big of an advantage...next !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    Umm....Hamline took 8 penalties...not that big of an advantage...next !
                    Sounds like the officials were getting paid by the whistle?
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      Sounds like the officials were getting paid by the whistle?
                      This stretch in third they really went to work.

STT-8 Alyssa Wallace (2-High-Sticking) HML 0x7 11:27
                      HML-7 Jordan Hansen (2-Elbowing) 12:37
                      STT-9 Mikayla Kero (2-Slashing) HML 0x8 12:48
                      STT-10 Kate Winiecki (2-Checking) HML 1x9 14:02
                      HML 2 - 2 6x5 PP Dani Wright (7) (Dani Perry/17, Molly Garin/16) 14:48
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        Another week in the books and Bracketology doesn't change a ton. A quick look and I think Hamline & River Falls have switched places (meaning I still think they play each other in the tourney, but now River Falls would appear to be the home team. The other change is to replace Middlebury in the projections with Williams. They essentially switched places in the PairWise and William is the NESCAC regular season champ. I still feel the #1 seed would go back to St. Thomas if they win the MIAC tourney, which would mean the first round games would be in the east. If Plattsburgh holds onto the #1 seed, I think both first round games would be in the west.
                        I know you're thinking in terms of money with the switching first rounds scenario. But if all of the favorites win their tourneys...Endicott and Norwich would still likely be the lowest ranked teams. Maybe Norwich would move above Eau Claire. I still think you send Endicott to Elmira and Norwich to Williams.

I'd assume that if both Middlebury and Eau Claire lose in their championship games, Eau Claire would still get in over Middlebury (assuming Middlebury loses Tuesday)

It'd be interesting to see what happens if Middlebury wins the NESCAC Tourney. Would Williams get in over Eau Claire at that point. And then of course that would likely mean a 1st round in the east and 1 in the west.
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          I know you're thinking in terms of money with the switching first rounds scenario. But if all of the favorites win their tourneys...Endicott and Norwich would still likely be the lowest ranked teams. Maybe Norwich would move above Eau Claire. I still think you send Endicott to Elmira and Norwich to Williams.

I'd assume that if both Middlebury and Eau Claire lose in their championship games, Eau Claire would still get in over Middlebury (assuming Middlebury loses Tuesday)

It'd be interesting to see what happens if Middlebury wins the NESCAC Tourney. Would Williams get in over Eau Claire at that point. And then of course that would likely mean a 1st round in the east and 1 in the west.
                          You're overlooking the "Adrian problem". Elmira is the only team in contention right now that will make the tournament within 500 miles of Adrian. If that's the case, you can book the Adrian @ Elmira QF game. After that, I am guessing that the first round will involve whichever region has the #2 team (Plattsburgh or St. Thomas). I was also not projecting the conference tourneys. Obviously all bets are off if (when) favorites fall off in the conference tournaments.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            To be honest, I thought Hamline looked like the better team last night as well. I didn't see today's game but felt that Hamline dominated the game more last night. Looking at the box score...St Thomas with 10 penalties today...spent a whole period on the PK... I think Hamline could put up a pretty good fight against anyone.

I wanted St Thomas to win so those east teams would have to travel again...here's hoping Plattsburgh loses to Middlebury!

It'll be pretty interesting to see how things shake out. What happens to Middlebury if Williams completes the sweep tonight and they lose to Plattsburgh? I'm guessing Hamline wishes they could have a couple of those ties back right now :P
                            Hamline carried the play for good portions of the series with Tommies dominating the 3rd on Friday night. Very even teams, Hamline with some high end forwards and Tommies with solid structre and advantage on the back end.
                            Hopefully play again in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              You're overlooking the "Adrian problem". Elmira is the only team in contention right now that will make the tournament within 500 miles of Adrian. If that's the case, you can book the Adrian @ Elmira QF game. After that, I am guessing that the first round will involve whichever region has the #2 team (Plattsburgh or St. Thomas). I was also not projecting the conference tourneys. Obviously all bets are off if (when) favorites fall off in the conference tournaments.
                              Yeah I’m aware of that. I was going with Endicott/Elmira matchup because 1..it would be illogical to make the 1/2 seed play in the 1st round. Are they really willing to throw any semblance of bracket integrityout the window, to save a few bucks. And 2, I know anything’s possible but they can probably feel fairly safe sending Endicott to Elmira for the first round and still get the Elmira/Adrian matchup. And if Endicott manages to win that game, they’ve earned the flight.

All that being said, after watching the games this weekend...i’d Bet on hamline winning the MIAC and the first rounds being in the west 😜

On a completely different topic, I obviously haven’t been paying as much attention this year. It’s hard living in AZ and loving D3 women’s hockey. Lol. But I see that Manhattanville and a couple other teams are in the MAC conference but are also in the UCHC. How does that work?
                              Last edited by gojackets; 02-17-2019, 12:02 PM.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                                Yeah I’m aware of that. I was going with Endicott/Elmira matchup because 1..it would be illogical to make the 1/2 seed play in the 1st round. Are they really willing to throw any semblance of bracket integrityout the window, to save a few bucks. And 2, I know anything’s possible but they can probably feel fairly safe sending Endicott to Elmira for the first round and still get the Elmira/Adrian matchup. And if Endicott manages to win that game, they’ve earned the flight.

On a completely different topic, I obviously haven’t been paying as much attention this year. It’s hard living in AZ and loving D3 women’s hockey. Lol. But I see that Manhattanville and a couple other teams are in the MAC conference but are also in the UCHC. How does that work?
                                I understand what you're saying, but yes, I think DIII women's hockey would rather trash bracket integrity than take a risk on an unnecessary flight before the final four. I hope I'm wrong, but history suggests I'm not. The Elmira/Adrian game has become an annual matchup regardless of where either is ranked. And I think they'll try to keep #1 out of the first round, but they'll make #2 play to avoid the possible flight.
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Working...
                                X