D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

There is a Women's D-III Pairwise live on USCHO.com. Is that being used for tournament selection for the women as well as the men?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
      There is a Women's D-III Pairwise live on USCHO.com. Is that being used for tournament selection for the women as well as the men?
      I believe so
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Shhhhh! It's very quiet around here😃

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Shhhhh! It's very quiet around here😃
          I put this up in the Men’s thread, so since there was ‘cross-contamination’ there, might as well put it here too...

Overall (tonight)...
          Elmira - 23
          Kings - 2

Men:
          Elmira - 11
          Kings - 1

Women:
          Kings - 1
          Elmira - 12

Interesting note... Kings only had 10 shots on goal in the Women’s tilt, so Elmira could theoretically have won without a Goalie.

EDIT: Giving credit where credit is due... despite the “lopsided” box score, Kings Women never gave-up. They fought the whole game.

Cheers!!!
          ~TTF
          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 01-18-2019, 09:12 PM.
          Dave
          RIT - '90

Comment

So the new poll came out today and as much as I like to see Gustavus in the top ten I have to ask myself, what are these voters thinking? Or are they thinking at all, even a little bit. Augsburg shuts out GAC on the road and than comes back at home in the last two minutes down two and gets a tie and they get half as many votes as GAC? And where is any love for Concordia (MN)? And St. Thomas # 2 in the poll, yea I understand they haven't lost in a year, but PLEASE, they ain't # 2 and not 8 first place votes.

I realize this USCHO polls is completely meaningless but come on voters, either give it some thought or find other people to do the voting, jeepers.
            4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
            SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
              So the new poll came out today and as much as I like to see Gustavus in the top ten I have to ask myself, what are these voters thinking? Or are they thinking at all, even a little bit. Augsburg shuts out GAC on the road and than comes back at home in the last two minutes down two and gets a tie and they get half as many votes as GAC? And where is any love for Concordia (MN)? And St. Thomas # 2 in the poll, yea I understand they haven't lost in a year, but PLEASE, they ain't # 2 and not 8 first place votes.

I realize this USCHO polls is completely meaningless but come on voters, either give it some thought or find other people to do the voting, jeepers.
              Being a MIAC parent of a senior, I have been around the conference for a while. GAC gets the votes because they have a program that has a solid history of very good teams. Its like they get the benefit of the doubt from the voters. Augsburg deserves to have more consideration for their weekend efforts, but have certainly struggled with some disappointing weekends of their own. When I look at the East, I see the same sort of respect given to the top programs. For me, I would rather see the voters ignore some of the history and vote base on the current product. Concordia doesn't get any love because they have to play the other 4 top teams in the MIAC the next 4 weekends. If they prove themselves, they will.
              Last edited by MIAC_Hockey_Dad; 01-21-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4and20 View Post

You complain about the meaningless opinion polls putting St. Thomas at #1, but the all-important PairWise Ranking (which will actually select:seed the teams in the NCAA tournament) has St. Thomas at #1, with no opinion involved. St. Thomas is the #1 team in the land right now, like it or not.

Now, if they lose, I expect them to drop precipitously.
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  You complain about the meaningless opinion polls putting St. Thomas at #1, but the all-important PairWise Ranking (which will actually select:seed the teams in the NCAA tournament) has St. Thomas at #1, with no opinion involved. St. Thomas is the #1 team in the land right now, like it or not.

Now, if they lose, I expect them to drop precipitously.
                  Would depend on who they lose to too drop precipitously, nice word though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                    Would depend on who they lose to too drop precipitously, nice word though.
                    Actually their RIP which is an important part of the pairwise could drop even if they win depending on how the SOS is maintained. The weak part of the pairwise system.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Actually their RIP which is an important part of the pairwise could drop even if they win depending on how the SOS is maintained. The weak part of the pairwise system.
                      Yes, but Elmira and Plattsburgh will have the same problem. Neither team has much in its conference to prop up its SOS. That's why they both play such hard non-conference schedules.
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Yes, but Elmira and Plattsburgh will have the same problem. Neither team has much in its conference to prop up its SOS. That's why they both play such hard non-conference schedules.
                        Plattsburgh has games with Middlebury and Amherst.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          Plattsburgh has games with Middlebury and Amherst.
                          Missed the Middlebury game and I didn't think of the Amherst game as elite - they have at least five losses at this point... but it will be better than any of their league games for SOS.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Missed the Middlebury game and I didn't think of the Amherst game as elite - they have at least five losses at this point... but it will be better than any of their league games for SOS.
                            Amherst has a good team. They’ve generally been at the tail end of the elite group since they’ve regressed from winning those two national titles under Plumer. They’ve got a good, hard working team this year that just blue collared the heck out of Norwich last night.

Norwich probably had more “talent” but it didn’t get a chance to shine through yesterday. Amherst top line was dominant all game.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Amherst has a good team. They’ve generally been at the tail end of the elite group since they’ve regressed from winning those two national titles under Plumer. They’ve got a good, hard working team this year that just blue collared the heck out of Norwich last night.

Norwich probably had more “talent” but it didn’t get a chance to shine through yesterday. Amherst top line was dominant all game.
                              Agreed. Norwich also struggled with Conn. But for Conway, they don't win that game against an "ok" 'Cac team. Conn is not the team they were 2-3 years ago. worst PP in the world. And even at that, Conn took 3 points from the Lord Jeffs. go figure.

Comment

Interesting evening. Castleton ties Norwich 3-3, Lake Forest defeats Adrian 2-0

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X