D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KWJM View Post
    Gustavus has won or shared the MIAC title the last two years and three of the last four. That seems like "regularly".
    If St Thomas is the only undefeated team, they should be #1. Simple.
    PAIRWISE is all that matters!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      PAIRWISE is all that matters!
      Big opportunity for St. Thomas this weekend vs. Hamline. They come away with three points or better I'd expect them to jump past Plattsburgh in the Pairwise.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
        Anna Maria has applied to the NEHC so that may also throw a wrench into things.
        Given the ratio of teams with access to autobids for the 2020 tourney, there would need to be 4 independents to add to the 4 WIAC schools to keep the Pool B bid. Anna Maria could remain independent and there still wouldn't be a Pool B bid.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Big opportunity for St. Thomas this weekend vs. Hamline. They come away with three points or better I'd expect them to jump past Plattsburgh in the Pairwise.
          That goes both ways. Big opportunity for Hamline to cement an at-large bid too. Lose twice this weekend, and they'd likely need the MIAC tourney title to get in. The way Plattsburgh and St. Thomas have flipped back and forth each week, I wonder what would happen if St. Thomas split with Hamline....
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
            That goes both ways. Big opportunity for Hamline to cement an at-large bid too. Lose twice this weekend, and they'd likely need the MIAC tourney title to get in. The way Plattsburgh and St. Thomas have flipped back and forth each week, I wonder what would happen if St. Thomas split with Hamline....
            The Plattsburgh-Middlebury game rescheduled for next Tuesday also looms large.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The Plattsburgh-Middlebury game rescheduled for next Tuesday also looms large.
              I forgot about that one, but I still feel the #1 seed is in St. Thomas' hands - two games with Hamline plus possible games with GAC and/or Hamline in the conference tourney trumps anything Plattsburgh's schedule can offer and the comparison is already close right now.
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                I forgot about that one, but I still feel the #1 seed is in St. Thomas' hands - two games with Hamline plus possible games with GAC and/or Hamline in the conference tourney trumps anything Plattsburgh's schedule can offer and the comparison is already close right now.
                I'd tend to agree. Imagine how y'all would flip out if an Eastern Team finsihed undefeated and wasn't the #1 seed.
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                  I'd tend to agree. Imagine how y'all would flip out if an Eastern Team finsihed undefeated and wasn't the #1 seed.
                  It really doesn't matter how we "feel" It is all numbers now and if St Thomas PWR ends higher, then they are #1. Any hiccups by either? And Elmira could sneak right in there !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

It really doesn't matter how we "feel" It is all numbers now and if St Thomas PWR ends higher, then they are #1. Any hiccups by either? And Elmira could sneak right in there !
                    I know...but again...St Thomas's road through the rest of the season and the MIAC conference tourney is much more challenging than Plattsburgh with the Potsdam/Cortland/Buffalo State guantlet in their tourney. They're currently separated by .002 in RPI. You gotta assume that if St Thomas sweeps the #5 team while Plattsburgh sweeps the #38 team this weekend that it will shift back in St Thomas's favor.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      I know...but again...St Thomas's road through the rest of the season and the MIAC conference tourney is much more challenging than Plattsburgh with the Potsdam/Cortland/Buffalo State guantlet in their tourney. They're currently separated by .002 in RPI. You gotta assume that if St Thomas sweeps the #5 team while Plattsburgh sweeps the #38 team this weekend that it will shift back in St Thomas's favor.
                      I absolutely agree. I accepted a while ago that Plattsburgh probably needs St. Thomas to lose a game if they want to host. Maybe the math will surprise us, but I doubt it.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        I absolutely agree. I accepted a while ago that Plattsburgh probably needs St. Thomas to lose a game if they want to host. Maybe the math will surprise us, but I doubt it.
                        Now where's Shelfit to tell us that because Plattsburgh won the Championship in 2012 that they are the far superior team this year. :P
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          Remember Middlebury plays two against Williams this weekend. If Midd wins both and Plattsburgh beats Midd Tuesday it could all come down to who knows what ! Regardless they both need to win in the qtrs of the tourney to even have a chance to host.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Remember Middlebury plays two against Williams this weekend. If Midd wins both and Plattsburgh beats Midd Tuesday it could all come down to who knows what ! Regardless they both need to win in the qtrs of the tourney to even have a chance to host.
                            Again, I'm pretty sure it's out of Plattsburgh's hands. The teams are obviously very close right now as they've flip-flopped #1 and #2 for the last several weeks. Plattsburgh has one game that is against a good team, while St. Thomas has 2, 3, or 4 of them. I maintain that the #1 seed is St. Thomas' to win. And they've earned it.

As for being undefeated and automatically being #1, see St. Anselm on the Div I Pairwise....
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                              WIAC really needs to try and find a way to get three more teams...
                              They can't even get enough teams on the men's side...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                Again, I'm pretty sure it's out of Plattsburgh's hands. The teams are obviously very close right now as they've flip-flopped #1 and #2 for the last several weeks. Plattsburgh has one game that is against a good team, while St. Thomas has 2, 3, or 4 of them. I maintain that the #1 seed is St. Thomas' to win. And they've earned it.

As for being undefeated and automatically being #1, see St. Anselm on the Div I Pairwise....
                                St Anselm does not play enough D1 teams to qualify for the tournament. You must play at least 20 games against D 1 opponents.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X