D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The host institution should have something published today or tomorrow.
    While I understand why they do it this way...if they aren’t publishing information, how do they expect people to plan their travel. We all know buying plane tix a week before hand is way more expensive than 2-3 months out. Granted, are you gonna buy tix with no guarantee your team will be there?

That said, St Thomas had info on their site on Sunday I believe.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      While I understand why they do it this way...if they aren’t publishing information, how do they expect people to plan their travel. We all know buying plane tix a week before hand is way more expensive than 2-3 months out. Granted, are you gonna buy tix with no guarantee your team will be there?

That said, St Thomas had info on their site on Sunday I believe.
      I think this is the most I've spent on a domestic flight, though it may tie what I spent going to Chicago on a last minute trip a few years ago.

The article on St. Thomas' site is the QF game-wrap still lists them as playing the early game and Plattsburgh vs Adrian as the 2nd game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        I think this is the most I've spent on a domestic flight, though it may tie what I spent going to Chicago on a last minute trip a few years ago.

The article on St. Thomas' site is the QF game-wrap still lists them as playing the early game and Plattsburgh vs Adrian as the 2nd game.
        Doesn’t the higher seed usually play earlier...I’m assuming they’re doing the late game for a bigger crowd?
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Ticket info is up on the UST website, no advance ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            Doesn’t the higher seed usually play earlier...I’m assuming they’re doing the late game for a bigger crowd?
            Attendance trumps seeding when it comes to game times.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Attendance trumps seeding when it comes to game times.
              Does the host team have a say in which game they play or does the NCAA dictate?
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                I believe the #1 seed (even if they’re not hosting, like Plattsburgh in 2017) has a say. It is my understanding that this is why Plattsburgh has almost always been in the early game, even when attendance at home could have been higher in the late game, because Houle prefers the early start.

I could be wrong, though.
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Based on timing of the previous two years, I believe today is likely the day when the AHCA will publish the finalists for Coach of the Year and the Laura Hurd Award.

Comment

The AHCA has announced the Laura Hurd Award finalists and among them is Hamline junior forward Bre Simon, the leading scorer in DIII who did not win her conference POY award.
                    The archive of LHA finalists on the AHCA website goes back to the 2010-11 season and no other finalist was nominated without having won their conference POY award in that span. If anyone has the finalists prior to 2011, I'm curious to see them to see if there's precedent.

Full list:

Rachel Anderson, Sophomore Forward, St. Scholastica
                    (Shoreview, MN) NCHA Player of the Year

Amanda Conway, Junior Forward, Norwich University*
                    (Methuen, MA) NEHC Player of the Year

Katie Granato, Senior Forward, Elmira College
                    (Naperville, IL) UCHC Player of the Year

Meghan Halloran, Sophomore Forward, Williams College
                    (Darien, CT) NESCAC Player of the Year

Courtney Moriarty, Senior Forward, Plattsburgh State
                    (Estero, FL) NEWHL Player of the Year

Bre Simon, Junior Forward, Hamline University
                    (Elk River, MN)

Kenzie Torpy, Senior Goaltender, St. Thomas
                    (Oregon, WI) MIAC Player of the Year

Courtney Wittig, Junior Forward, Wisconsin-Eau Claire
                    (Green Bay, WI) WIAC Player of the Year

Coach of the Year Nominees are:

Chris Baudo, Nazareth, UCHC Coach of the Year
                    Joe Cranston, UW-River Falls, WIAC Coach of the Year
                    Natalie Darwitz, Hamline, Frozen Four Coach
                    Rick Filighera, Cortland, NEWHL Coach of the Year
                    Meghan Gillis, Williams, NESCAC Coach of the Year
                    Kevin Houle, Plattsburgh, Frozen Four Coach*
                    Jackie MacMillan, St. Scholastica, NCHA Coach of the Year
                    Andy McPhee, Endicott, CHC Coach of the Year
                    Tom Palkowski, St. Thomas, MIAC Coach of the Year and Frozen Four Coach
                    Shawn Skelly, Adrian, Frozen Four Coach
                    Taylor Wasylk, Suffolk, NEHC Coach of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      Starting in 2017 (the year Adrian hosted) it was put in the manual that the host school must play the 7pm game. That is why the last two years and now this year to make it three in a row, the host school will be playing the late game.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        The AHCA has announced the Laura Hurd Award finalists and among them is Hamline junior forward Bre Simon, the leading scorer in DIII who did not win her conference POY award.
                        The archive of LHA finalists on the AHCA website goes back to the 2010-11 season and no other finalist was nominated without having won their conference POY award in that span. If anyone has the finalists prior to 2011, I'm curious to see them to see if there's precedent.
                        It's happened one or two other times. I can't name them off the top of my heard but I distinctly remember it happening awhile ago and thinking the same thing. Generally the prevailing thought is, well if my player didn't win their conference player of the year award, how can we expect them to win the national player of the year vote. Which also is tricky considering this award has generally gone to a senior rewarding a career, rather than awarding the "best player" from that season.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Tommies preparing for Frozen Four

https://www.kare11.com/article/sport...2-d5005464886b
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Is there a link to video for the Friday games?
                            SNC Men:
                            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                            SNC Women:
                            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                              Is there a link to video for the Friday games?
                              I don't see any video links on the ncaa site yet but those should be coming later in the week. Generally you can access the live stats and the video for each game from the bracket matchups on the ncaa site. If that's the case, these links should get you to the video:

4pm Eastern Game: https://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-...urgh-st-adrian

8pm Eastern Game: https://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-...e-st-thomas-mn
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                I don't see any video links on the ncaa site yet but those should be coming later in the week. Generally you can access the live stats and the video for each game from the bracket matchups on the ncaa site. If that's the case, these links should get you to the video:

4pm Eastern Game: https://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-...urgh-st-adrian

8pm Eastern Game: https://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-...e-st-thomas-mn
                                Thanks!!
                                SNC Men:
                                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                                SNC Women:
                                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X