D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

if they all suck equally the perception of parity is great....until you play out of conference!

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      Do these teams think that they will suddenly stop sucking at football if St Thomas isn't in the conference?
      It's only partially about football. St. Thomas is dominant in EVERY sport. They have the deepest rosters in the conference in every sport, it's not a hard school to get into... It's not the same kind of school as Macalester or Carleton. Their enrollment is so far out of whack with the rest of the league, not sure how anyone can justify them being in MIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
        It's only partially about football. St. Thomas is dominant in EVERY sport. They have the deepest rosters in the conference in every sport, it's not a hard school to get into... It's not the same kind of school as Macalester or Carleton. Their enrollment is so far out of whack with the rest of the league, not sure how anyone can justify them being in MIAC.
        While acknowledging that it's not likely, this StarTribune sportswriter makes a good case why they should remain in the conference.

MIAC's mysterious push to oust St. Thomas baffling, high-handed
        http://www.startribune.com/miac-s-my...ded/509486642/
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          While acknowledging that it's not likely, this StarTribune sportswriter makes a good case why they should remain in the conference.

MIAC's mysterious push to oust St. Thomas baffling, high-handed
          http://www.startribune.com/miac-s-my...ded/509486642/
          The President of Augsburg claims there is consensus to remove St. Thomas.

Comment

Norwich alumnae Sophie Leclerc '10 has been named the second head coach in program history after Mark Bolding left for Yale in April.

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20190517eunkyq
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Norwich alumnae Sophie Leclerc '10 has been named the second head coach in program history after Mark Bolding left for Yale in April.

Congrats to Sophie on her new gig. The Cadets are in good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Congrats to her. When Bolding left for Yale, Leclerc's name stood out to me as the best choice of what I would call the logical (non-surprise) candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  Congrats to her. When Bolding left for Yale, Leclerc's name stood out to me as the best choice of what I would call the logical (non-surprise) candidates.
                  Nobody else needed to waste their time in applying for this job. She was always the heir apparent. That was a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    Nobody else needed to waste their time in applying for this job. She was always the heir apparent. That was a no-brainer.
                    My understanding was that this was quite the process, and there were a number of great (and surprising) candidates to choose from. I agree that Sophie was one of the first names to come to mind when Bolding stepped away, but I believe this was no where near as simple as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                      My understanding was that this was quite the process, and there were a number of great (and surprising) candidates to choose from. I agree that Sophie was one of the first names to come to mind when Bolding stepped away, but I believe this was no where near as simple as you think.
                      Right...Coach Steele was really their first choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                        Right...Coach Steele was really their first choice.
                        Ouch! That's so mean. And I thought I had made some negative comments about her before. Wow! Lmao! Although it's no secret that every year her players don't have a lot of respect for her and her coaching ability.

Comment

UST expected to make an announcement Wednesday at 11:00 pertaining to their future. No chance to remain in the MIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                            UST expected to make an announcement Wednesday at 11:00 pertaining to their future. No chance to remain in the MIAC.
                            The Star Tribune states that the announcement expected at the top of the hour is that St. Thomas is involuntarily leaving the MIAC by Spring 2021, with their destination still unknown.

Comment

Official statement from the MIAC that St. Thomas is being involuntarily removed from the conference as of the end of the Spring 2021 semester.

Statement from St. Thomas President Dr. Julie H. Sullivan. Sullivan announced that AD Phil Esten will lead the search for their new conference.

St. Thomas has published an FAQ on leaving the MIAC. Among the questions addresses, it says that "should the conference we join not offer a sport that we have currently, we will explore all options (e.g., affiliate memberships) in order for all our varsity sports to continue playing."

Comment

Sad day for St. Thomas Womens Hockey and the MIAC. 99 years of history in the MIAC and what do you get? Kicked out for your level of success. The school certainly has a larger enrollment than the rest of the conference, but we are not talking HS sports. Does having the larger enrollment change the quality of recruits because your campus has more students? I don't think so. Many of the teams have about the same number athletes and they generally don't walk-on out of the general student population. They are recruited and ultimately sold on the educational quality of the University. Each of the schools has the opportunity to recruit whomever they want. Punishing success is just lowering the bar of excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X