D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
    Congrats... you were able to score 3 on Kings and 5pts vs Chatham. Wow, impressive... roll eyes! She has 1 goal in 6 games that count this year (Middlebury, Platt, Amherst, Williams, Norwich and Platt again).
    I’d take 3 Evangelouses on my team any day of the week. She may not score every game but her speed and forechecking are lethal and important to the overall team.

I’ve said it since the East-West, I think Elmira has got the goods this year to win it all and Evangelous is a big piece of that.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I’d take 3 Evangelouses on my team any day of the week. She may not score every game but her speed and forechecking are lethal and important to the overall team.

I’ve said it since the East-West, I think Elmira has got the goods this year to win it all and Evangelous is a big piece of that.
      Evangelous is one of the those players other teams need to keep covered every second she's on the ice or risk getting burned.

In general the 100 point plateau is a noteworthy achievement. There are only a dozen or so at most any given season. Right now there are 10 players over 100 and two more in the high 90s and likely to get there by season's end. The CHC, NESCAC and WIAC don't have a single 100 point player in their conference.

Current career points leader-board among active players:

Courtney Moriarty-Plattsburgh-SR-133
      Bre Simon-Hamline-SR-130
      Katie Granato-Elmira-SR-126
      Amanda Conway-Norwich-JR-121
      Amy Budde-Lake Forest-SR-120
      Leah Schwartzman-Hamline-SR-111
      Tess Adams-Suffolk-SR-107
      Adrieana Rossini-Norwich-SR-103
      Bryn Labbe-Norwich-SR-101
      Maddie Evangelous-Elmira-SR-101
      Maddy Jerolman-Elmira-SR-97
      Sophie McGovern-Norwich-JR-95

Norwich could end up with 4 100 point players by the end of the season if McGovern scores 5.
      Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-05-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        Evangelous is one of the those players other teams need to keep covered every second she's on the ice or risk getting burned.

In general the 100 point plateau is a noteworthy achievement. There are only a dozen or so at most any given season. Right now there are 10 players over 100 and two more in the high 90s and likely to get there by season's end. The CHC, NESCAC and WIAC don't have a single 100 point player in their conference.

Current career points leader-board among active players:

Courtney Moriarty-Plattsburgh-SR-133
        Bre Simon-Hamline-SR-130
        Katie Granato-Elmira-SR-126
        Amanda Conway-Norwich-JR-121
        Amy Budde-Lake Forest-SR-120
        Leah Schwartzman-Hamline-SR-111
        Tess Adams-Suffolk-SR-107
        Adrieana Rossini-Norwich-SR-103
        Bryn Labbe-Norwich-SR-101
        Maddie Evangelous-Elmira-SR-101
        Maddy Jerolman-Elmira-SR-97
        Sophie McGovern-Norwich-JR-95

Norwich could end up with 4 100 point players by the end of the season if McGovern scores 5.
        Not taking anything away from any player who scores 100pts...Hat's off to all. But the comment about no 100pt players in the nescac is a bit misleading.
        Scoring 100 as a nescac player is very difficult. Unlike some of the other conferences, you don't get many 'pushovers' in Conf. games to pad the old stat-sheet.

Comment

NESCAC 100 point scorers are not common. Last season saw Amherst's Toupal (128pt/107games) and Middlebury's Young (132pt/114gp) and Winslow (124pt/114gp) graduate. William's Halloran, 57pt/44gp, and Middlebury's Leidt 48pt/46gp, both in their 2nd season, appear on the 100 point pace.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
            NESCAC 100 point scorers are not common. Last season saw Amherst's Toupal (128pt/107games) and Middlebury's Young (132pt/114gp) and Winslow (124pt/114gp) graduate. William's Halloran, 57pt/44gp, and Middlebury's Leidt 48pt/46gp, both in their 2nd season, appear on the 100 point pace.
            looks like a 3-0 shutout for Midd over Norwich. Multiple 100pts players kept off the scoresheet.

Comment

Great play by Lin Han, making 34 saves in the 3-0 shutout of Norwich. She stopped Conway going around/through the defense to the doorstep at least twice.

Also, Jackson's empty net goal is one of the longest shots I've seen go in at this level of hockey. Quite the shot

I also want to clarify that I was not trying to slight the NESCAC earlier, I was just pointing out that not every conference had a 100 point player this season as it's still quite a feat for a player to pull off.
              Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-05-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Did anyone watch or witness the St. Thomas-River Falls game?

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                  Did anyone watch or witness the St. Thomas-River Falls game?
                  Until it became 4-1 and then I turned my attention to the weather because I hand a relative trying to get home during the ice event.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Quick for fun Bracketology as of 2/7/2019. The split was 5-5. With this being the case (and Adrian being one of the teams), I believe the play in-game could be played in the east or the west depending on who is #1 at the time. With St. Thomas #1 after last night's win over UW River Falls, I believe this is how the tourney looks:

St. Thomas (1)
                    UW River Falls (4)
                    Adrian (5)
                    Hamline (7)
                    UW Eau Claire (8)
                    Plattsburgh (2)
                    Elmira (3)
                    Middlebury (6)
                    Norwich (10)
                    Nichols (31)

I think Adrian @ Elmira would be locked in as a QF matchup to avoid flights before the final four. I think the first round games would both be in the east and would be:

Nichols @ Plattsburgh
                    Norwich @ Middlebury

Quarterfinal games would be:
                    Adrian @ Elmira
                    UW Eau Claire @ St. Thomas
                    Hamline @ UW River Falls
                    Nichols/Plattsburgh vs. Norwich/Middlebury
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      Quick for fun Bracketology as of 2/7/2019. The split was 5-5. With this being the case (and Adrian being one of the teams), I believe the play in-game could be played in the east or the west depending on who is #1 at the time. With St. Thomas #1 after last night's win over UW River Falls, I believe this is how the tourney looks:

St. Thomas (1)
                      UW River Falls (4)
                      Adrian (5)
                      Hamline (7)
                      UW Eau Claire (8)
                      Plattsburgh (2)
                      Elmira (3)
                      Middlebury (6)
                      Norwich (10)
                      Nichols (31)

I think Adrian @ Elmira would be locked in as a QF matchup to avoid flights before the final four. I think the first round games would both be in the east and would be:

Nichols @ Plattsburgh
                      Norwich @ Middlebury

Adrian @ Elmira
                      Hamline @ UW River Falls
                      It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I'd never have imagined 2 WIAC teams making it in...but with a 10 team field now, I suppose its possible.

If St Thomas sweeps Hamline the last weekend of the season does that drop Hamline out? River Falls/Eau Claire just have each other left as well.

Is it safe to assume in your scenario, the final 4 would be at St Thomas, assuming they win their QF?
                      Last edited by gojackets; 02-07-2019, 05:17 PM.
                      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

St. Thomas (1)
                        UW River Falls (4)
                        Adrian (5)
                        Hamline (7)
                        UW Eau Claire (8)
                        Plattsburgh (2)
                        Elmira (3)
                        Middlebury (6)
                        Norwich (10)
                        Nichols (31)

Nichols @ Plattsburgh
                        Norwich @ Middlebury

Adrian @ Elmira
                        Hamline @ UW River Falls

Adrian lost and tied Lake Forest a few weekends ago. I would not say that Adrian is a lock by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by pucko View Post
                          Adrian lost and tied Lake Forest a few weekends ago. I would not say that Adrian is a lock by any means.
                          The "lock" isn't that Adrian is in. The "lock" is that Adrian would play Elmira if they both do get in.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I'd never have imagined 2 WIAC teams making it in...but with a 10 team field now, I suppose its possible.

If St Thomas sweeps Hamline the last weekend of the season does that drop Hamline out? River Falls/Eau Claire just have each other left as well.

Is it safe to assume in your scenario, the final 4 would be at St Thomas, assuming they win their QF?
                            If St. Thomas is the No. 1 overall seed, they will have first rights to hosting the FF. But they’ve got a tough weekend with Hamline remaining and then MIAC tournament.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by pucko View Post
                              I’d say looking at current RPI, records etc. if Adrian doesn’t win NCHA title they’d get in over Eau Claire and/or Hamline. Both those teams are below Adrian right now...Adrian has wins over River Falls, Middlebury, Plattsburgh. Eau Claire has no wins over teams ranked higher than them. Both those teams will likely lose at least one more game, probably two. So unless Adrian loses to like Finlandia in the first round of the NCHA tourney, I’d imagine they’re looking pretty good.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                                So unless Adrian loses to like Finlandia in the first round of the NCHA tourney, I’d imagine they’re looking pretty good.
                                Unless they lose one this weekend to SNC
                                4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                                SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X