CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

I am really sorry I had to miss Saturday's game, I tried to catch it on the stream, but my wifi coverage wasn't strong enough. I did catch the first 4 goals of the game (1 by Salve and 3 for UNE). From what I could tell on my little phone screen, Salve looked flat. Also, not sure what happened on the butt end penalty. I really hope it was a legit call. Losing that kid had to be huge for Salve. He is a spark plug of player. The kind of player you hate on the other team, but would love to have on your team!

I'm going to say this here, even if it is fodder for another category. I have to wonder what the losing of J&W and Suffolk meant to the CCC, and did it help the NEHC? CCC teams had to add 3 games (UNE added Endicott, Salve and Nichols) to their conference schedule that were very good teams. That had to have an impact on the PWR, didn't it? And, is it a coincidence that last year the CCC had 3 teams receive bids to the NCAAs and this year the NEHC will, possibly, receive 3 bids?

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post

I'm going to say this here, even if it is fodder for another category. I have to wonder what the losing of J&W and Suffolk meant to the CCC, and did it help the NEHC? CCC teams had to add 3 games (UNE added Endicott, Salve and Nichols) to their conference schedule that were very good teams. That had to have an impact on the PWR, didn't it? And, is it a coincidence that last year the CCC had 3 teams receive bids to the NCAAs and this year the NEHC will, possibly, receive 3 bids?

Great Point ! I wonder if its too late for the CCC teams to change their scheduling scheme for next year, I would guess it is
      Last edited by gfan; 03-04-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I am really sorry I had to miss Saturday's game, I tried to catch it on the stream, but my wifi coverage wasn't strong enough. I did catch the first 4 goals of the game (1 by Salve and 3 for UNE). From what I could tell on my little phone screen, Salve looked flat. Also, not sure what happened on the butt end penalty. I really hope it was a legit call. Losing that kid had to be huge for Salve. He is a spark plug of player. The kind of player you hate on the other team, but would love to have on your team!

Awefull call by the linesman (not even the referee) who looked like he was 18yrs old. No butt tend watched it several times on the video online. 2 minute minor after the whistle if anything. Championship game and 18 penalties called that ridiculous. Know the situation. Emotions are high. Loss of that player was big but not sure it would’ve mattered UNE was better on satiurday.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
          Awefull call by the linesman (not even the referee) who looked like he was 18yrs old. No butt tend watched it several times on the video online. 2 minute minor after the whistle if anything. Championship game and 18 penalties called that ridiculous. Know the situation. Emotions are high. Loss of that player was big but not sure it would’ve mattered UNE was better on satiurday.

I was at the game and I couldn't figure out the Major at all. Makes no sense

Comment

I few days ago I voiced my displeasure with the CCC's new scheduling where there is a draw to decide which three conference teams each school plays. I'm not aware of in-conference scheduling ever being done this way. I hope they get rid of that, play each other twice and have each school schedule three additional non=conference games. That would keep the scheduling inside the conference consistent and allow each school to schedule out of conference schools to build their SOS and expose the conference to a wider audience.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
              I was at the game and I couldn't figure out the Major at all. Makes no sense
              You are correct. Made no sense at all. The PA announcer didn’t even know as he announced it as a 5 minute penalty with nothing else. Watching the play on video a shot from the point on the Salve PP was deflected out of the rink. The UNE player went over to the Salve player as the puck was out of play and the Salve player jabbed at him with his top hand pushing him away. That was it. No butt end, if he wanted to call anything he could’ve called a 2 minute minor for something after the whistle. Linesman came in right away between them and they both went to the face off circle. No chirping, no extra curricular activities. The linesman then went over to the referee as everyone was setting up for the face off. After a few seconds that same lines man went over to the Salve player and led him to the penalty box then removed him from the box and off the ice. People i was sitting with just were saying what happened, no one saw anything out of the ordinary. There were more egregious incidents in scums all night long that nothing happened (rightfully so). Salve kid is their top scorer and a skill kid, not someone involved in that type of stuff. For them to toss him was totally wrong. Championship game!! 18 penalties called in this game, way more than any other game that night. Totally loss the flow of the game and made it about them. Feel bad for the salve player as he was like what just happened. Salve coach Klann seemed very upset given the score and circumstance. Not a good job by the guys in stripes!

Comment

Tonight's game will be an interesting one because both teams seem to some scoring punch. Trinity had to work overtime to get to this game. I watched the OT in that NESCAC Final and that puck left Corriveau's stick with .3 second left on the clock. Talk about a clutch play! You could see Amherst lose some steam with about 20 secs left. They were about a half stride late to each loose puck. I think that speaks to Trinity's will.

UNE came out early an put Salve behind the 8-ball in the first period. I think the score was 5-1 UNE when Eruzione was called for the questionable butt end (What I infer from others on this thread, I didn't see it!), so I don't know how much of an effect it had on the game.

Their common opponents (Bowdoin, Colby and St A's) don't give a lot of information. Nice to see a Maine boy (Greason) do well in hockey! Best of luck to all in the NCAAs, these games today should all be good.

Anyone thinking there'll be a few surprises today?

Comment

Tonight's game will be an interesting one because both teams seem to some scoring punch. Trinity had to work overtime to get to this game. I watched the OT in that NESCAC Final and that puck left Corriveau's stick with .3 second left on the clock. Talk about a clutch play! You could see Amherst lose some steam with about 20 secs left. They were about a half stride late to each loose puck. I think that speaks to Trinity's will.
                  Michaud (former UMaine commit) to Corriveau (former SLU player) with no time left in the OT as you say. Talk about your go-to players, it was incredible. They were cycling like pros and you just knew it was coming, Michaud finds Corriveau for a one timer in the high slot.
                  Last edited by FLHockeyMom; 03-09-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

UNE came out early an put Salve behind the 8-ball in the first period. I think the score was 5-1 UNE when Eruzione was called for the questionable butt end (What I infer from others on this thread, I didn't see it!), so I don't know how much of an effect it had on the game.

Their common opponents (Bowdoin, Colby and St A's) don't give a lot of information. Nice to see a Maine boy (Greason) do well in hockey! Best of luck to all in the NCAAs, these games today should all be good.

Anyone thinking there'll be a few surprises today?
                    The only game I’m expecting a team to win is Hobart/Plymouth state. In my opinion the other 3 are basically toss ups.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

@WooHockeyNews: Boots now goes down the tunnel. Blake Wojtala making his pro debut. #NORvsWOR

Hamilton out
                      Salve Regina in
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Looks like the @ECHL @WorcesterNailers picked up two CCC standouts for their game against the Norfolk Admirals. Wojtala played most of the game and gave up one goal (a shorty), stopped 26 of 27 shots in 56:59 AND picked up 2 PIMS. Endicott's Ross Ollsen had one goal, one fight, just needed the assist for the "Gordie Howe Hat Trick". Great to see the CCC lids moving on!

Comment

• Nice win last night for UNE and the CCC. Salve gets to the championship game last year and now UNE is one win from getting to the final four. The CCC is strong.

Comment

• Nice win last night for UNE and the CCC. Salve gets to the championship game last year and now UNE is one win from getting to the final four. The CCC is strong.

Comment

Now that the season is over, and we start thinking about golf in a few weeks (at least here in the Northeast!), does anyone have thoughts on the scheduling format of the CCC? The home-and-home series for each team over one weekend and the additional games against selected conference opponents. Regardless of who the extra opponents were, these games did have an impact on the league standings, at the least. Since I don't understand the PWR, I don't know if these additional games impacted that as well.

I don't know how the institutions feel about the scheduling format, or the coaches. Anyone have any insight into this?

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                                Now that the season is over, and we start thinking about golf in a few weeks (at least here in the Northeast!), does anyone have thoughts on the scheduling format of the CCC? The home-and-home series for each team over one weekend and the additional games against selected conference opponents. Regardless of who the extra opponents were, these games did have an impact on the league standings, at the least. Since I don't understand the PWR, I don't know if these additional games impacted that as well.

I don't know how the institutions feel about the scheduling format, or the coaches. Anyone have any insight into this?
                                I believe the format is the same for at least next year. Not sure what the coaches think but yes it does not help them with Pairwise. It actually hurts them as they beat up on each other. With that said not sure they can do anything now. Would be difficult to pick up 3-4 non-conference games this late. I bet most teams schedules are done? It would be beneficial for the CCC schools to pick up more non conference and get rid of this format.

Comment

Working...
                                X