CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Curry has not drawn big crowds historically so might be more UNE fans than Curry. If you're coming down from Biddeford bring wool socks, Ulin is one of the colder rinks in the conference, only Salve is worse. If Curry plays physical they win, if UNE has space they'll win.

With Salve/Endicott I think somebody is already in the box. LOL Should be a hard hitting game if Endicott comes to play, it just depends which team will travel from Beverly as they have been inconsistent. My guess is goaltending will be the difference in a Salve win. The over/under for penalties is 20! Hope this one is not decided by the officials who generally have not had a good season.

Comment

Should be two very good games. Curry and Salve need to stay out of the box. Curry and Salve are also very strong defensively and in goal. UNE?Endicott posssibly have the most offfensive skill up front overall but that’s not saying that Salve and Curry cant score because they can.

Big question is how much did get the games on Wednesday night take out of Endicott and UNE. More so Endicott due to and the physicality of the game.

1st pucks drop in about 4 hours.

Comment

So, the finals are set, UNE will travel to Salve next Saturday with a trip to the NCAA's on the line. I think the winner will be the only CCC team invited this year. Certainly not like last year. That game should be a good one. although I didn't think any of the teams really played that well tonight. It almost seemed each team was playing not to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
          So, the finals are set, UNE will travel to Salve next Saturday with a trip to the NCAA's on the line. I think the winner will be the only CCC team invited this year. Certainly not like last year. That game should be a good one. although I didn't think any of the teams really played that well tonight. It almost seemed each team was playing not to lose.
          Boy I happened to make both games and i thought both were great games. Good back and forth action, refs let them play and some great goaltending. Salve had the better chances 3 breakaways and some grade A chances. Wojtala in net for salve was outstanding as was O’Brien. Salve defensively is very tough.

Curry game was also a very good game. Plenty of chances and a lot of good goaltending. Ketola made a save on Fleurant that was as good as I’ve ever seen. Going post to post to get a blocker on an empty net chance. White for Curry was great, scoring their goal. Bloom hit a cross bar.

To me all players involved left it out on the ice, blocking shots, taking Hits and dishing them out.

Very good games.

I would not count out 2 possible CCC NCAA participants. UMB losss today 4-0 was huge. The new playoff fore at hurts salve as they have one less win due to the quarterfinal BYE.

Next Saturday night in Newport should be a great game. Salve 2-1 vs. UNE this season.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
            Boy I happened to make both games and i thought both were great games. Good back and forth action, refs let them play and some great goaltending. Salve had the better chances 3 breakaways and some grade A chances. Wojtala in net for salve was outstanding as was O’Brien. Salve defensively is very tough.

Curry game was also a very good game. Plenty of chances and a lot of good goaltending. Ketola made a save on Fleurant that was as good as I’ve ever seen. Going post to post to get a blocker on an empty net chance. White for Curry was great, scoring their goal. Bloom hit a cross bar.

To me all players involved left it out on the ice, blocking shots, taking Hits and dishing them out.

Very good games.

I would not count out 2 possible CCC NCAA participants. UMB losss today 4-0 was huge. The new playoff fore at hurts salve as they have one less win due to the quarterfinal BYE.

Next Saturday night in Newport should be a great game. Salve 2-1 vs. UNE this season.
            I should have said that I watched the games on the stream. They never seem to be as fast on the stream! It is also harder to see the close in passing around the net from the camera at center ice!

I did notice the loss by UMB, but I figured they their PWR would give them a lock for a bid. Maybe I don't understand this new system for selecting the teams.

BTW, the Curry feed cut out with six minutes left in the game! Man, that was a long six minutes!

Comment

I should have said that I watched the games on the stream. They never seem to be as fast on the stream! It is also harder to see the close in passing around the net from the camera at center ice!

I did notice the loss by UMB, but I figured they their PWR would give them a lock for a bid. Maybe I don't understand this new system for selecting the teams.

BTW, the Curry feed cut out with six minutes left in the game! Man, that was a long six minutes!
              Gonna be tough for salve to get at large. Would’ve beeen better if Hobart lost. Mash be too tough to catch UMB, but salve beating Endicott three times, Endicott tying Norwich twice, UMB losing to Skidmore and Curry, Salve beating both of them, you would think they need to be in consideration if they don’t win the league?? Win Saturday and then there is nothing to worry about. Could even get a home contest depending on the other results.

Comment

Think about the CCC schedule mix. The top clubs played each other more times than the "weaker" teams.

This results in a circular firing squad, which hurts the PWR. It's now math, not opinions (Rankings) that decide who gets in.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Think about the CCC schedule mix. The top clubs played each other more times than the "weaker" teams.

This results in a circular firing squad, which hurts the PWR. It's now math, not opinions (Rankings) that decide who gets in.
                  Yeah that’s why i said long shot at best. It’s unfortunate cause I’ve said all along i’d Take the top 3-4 teams in the CCC against anyone. They can play as evidence by some of their quality wins this season. Salve, UNE, Curry, Endicott and even Nichols have some very good non-conference wins.. Two conference mess-ups by Salve and they could be 20-4-2 at worst, but that happens!!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

J hope the CCC moves away from some teams playing each other three times in the regular season; I don't think the "draw" they used this year is ideal. I'd rather they all played each other twice in the regular season and used the three other games to schedule some tougher opponents. I think it would give the league more visibility and respect.

Comment

http://www.cccathletics.com/sports/m...MIHChampChange

2019 CCC Championship Game moved to URI.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                        J hope the CCC moves away from some teams playing each other three times in the regular season; I don't think the "draw" they used this year is ideal. I'd rather they all played each other twice in the regular season and used the three other games to schedule some tougher opponents. I think it would give the league more visibility and respect.
                        Nice preview of salve/UNE game. Also game has been moved to URI Boss Arena, expecting big crowd. Great decision. Nice venue.

http://www.salveathletics.com/sports/mice/index

Comment

Nice preview of salve/UNE game. Also game has been moved to URI Boss Arena, expecting big crowd. Great decision. Nice venue.

http://www.salveathletics.com/sports/mice/index
                          I was wondering about the move to URI. Didn't they have to move their first round game in the NCAA's last year to a different rink? I think I remember something about the Portsmouth Abbey School had taken the ice out of their rink. Is this what happened?

Unfortunately, I will be tied up with HS hockey here in Maine on Saturday. Hopefully I can pull in the stream on my phone.

Comment

I was wondering about the move to URI. Didn't they have to move their first round game in the NCAA's last year to a different rink? I think I remember something about the Portsmouth Abbey School had taken the ice out of their rink. Is this what happened?

Unfortunately, I will be tied up with HS hockey here in Maine on Saturday. Hopefully I can pull in the stream on my phone.
                            Last year they played the quarterfinal game of the NCAA’s vs. Nichols at URI.
                            It was due to the Abbey not having enough capacity. Only holds like 500+. Expecting a big turnout.

Comment

Last year they played the quarterfinal game of the NCAA’s vs. Nichols at URI.
                              It was due to the Abbey not having enough capacity. Only holds like 500+. Expecting a big turnout.
                              The Abbey has ice, they just wanted to support what they feel will be a bigger crowd. Personally I would have liked if they had stayed at the Abbey, its a bit smaller ice surface, which in my Opinion is beneficial against players like Fluerent and Bloom.

Last year they moved to URI because the Abbey didn't have ice anymore. Abbey breaks down the Ice the first week of March once the School and Newport Youth Hockey's seasons are done.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                                The Abbey has ice, they just wanted to support what they feel will be a bigger crowd. Personally I would have liked if they had stayed at the Abbey, its a bit smaller ice surface, which in my Opinion is beneficial against players like Fluerent and Bloom.

Last year they moved to URI because the Abbey didn't have ice anymore. Abbey breaks down the Ice the first week of March once the School and Newport Youth Hockey's seasons are done.
                                Salve is a very good team on the big ice surface. They have not lost up at UNE in the last two years, won at Norwich, won once in Lake Placid and played pretty well in the 2nd game (lol), Skidmore, etc... salve has guys that can skate and create so I think they don't mind the change. also if they thought it would be an issue they wouldn't have made the change and kept it at the Abby.

Comment

Working...
                                X