CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
    It all comes down to the final week, the final game of the season. Salve and Curry both picked up 8 points in the last two weeks, UNE picked up seven points. Those three teams did what they needed to do. Endicott and Nichols really failed to take care of business, Nichols garnered one point and Endicott picked up two!

The big game, to end the season, will be at The Alfond in Biddeford on Saturday night. Salve travels to UNE for the winner-take-all contest for the Conference Regular season championship and home ice through the Conference tourney. This game is much bigger for UNE because, if they lose, they could drop to third and that would mean they would draw 6th seed Wentworth, and Wentworth is going to be a real wild card in these playoffs!

Wentworth, in the last five weeks, has wins over Salve, UNE and Endicott, so that could really mess things up, if they go on a run!
    Salve will be #1 with a win or tie Saturday vs. UNE. #2 if they lose. UNE can be #1, #2, or #3. Curry #2 or #3. 4/5 will be Nichols and Endicott and #6 Wentworth.

If UNE wins they will share the CCC championship but will get the #1 seed due to the tiebreaker. (2-1 HH). This will put Salve as #2 and Curry #3.

4/5/6 are all set with the exception of who will be 4 and who will be 5 (End/Nichols).

#1 & #2 get BYE. 3/6 and 4/5. #3 gets Wentworth and #4/5 will be Endicott/Nichols but location TBD.

Salve, Curry, UNE all playing their best hockey to date. Nichols has experience, Wentworth has played everyone tough and you never know what team will show in Endicott (possible the most skilled team).

My prediction is the goalie who plays the best, their team wins. Wojtala, Ketola are awefully good and the steadiest.

Fun times to come.

Comment

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Originally posted by nefan View Post
      Salve will be #1 with a win or tie Saturday vs. UNE. #2 if they lose. UNE can be #1, #2, or #3. Curry #2 or #3. 4/5 will be Nichols and Endicott and #6 Wentworth.

If UNE wins they will share the CCC championship but will get the #1 seed due to the tiebreaker. (2-1 HH). This will put Salve as #2 and Curry #3.

4/5/6 are all set with the exception of who will be 4 and who will be 5 (End/Nichols).

#1 & #2 get BYE. 3/6 and 4/5. #3 gets Wentworth and #4/5 will be Endicott/Nichols but location TBD.

Salve, Curry, UNE all playing their best hockey to date. Nichols has experience, Wentworth has played everyone tough and you never know what team will show in Endicott (possible the most skilled team).

My prediction is the goalie who plays the best, their team wins. Wojtala, Ketola are awefully good and the steadiest.

Fun times to come.
      I know I should read the Conference bylaws before I start to speak!!! I don't know why, but I had all 8 teams qualifying for the CCC Championships! Maybe it's from being a Red Sox fan all my life, but I always worry about some sort of gremlin coming out of the woodwork to foil my team's chances at success (Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner!).

This Conference Tourney should be a good one, however, and for UNE, it really starts on Saturday night at the Forum in Biddeford. I am sure that Curry will take care of business against Becker. If UNE had held on against Wentworth away, this could all be reversed, with Salve needing the win to get the first round bye.

Hard to beleive we're at the end of another season, though. Where does the time go?

Comment

I know I should read the Conference bylaws before I start to speak!!! I don't know why, but I had all 8 teams qualifying for the CCC Championships! Maybe it's from being a Red Sox fan all my life, but I always worry about some sort of gremlin coming out of the woodwork to foil my team's chances at success (Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner!).

This Conference Tourney should be a good one, however, and for UNE, it really starts on Saturday night at the Forum in Biddeford. I am sure that Curry will take care of business against Becker. If UNE had held on against Wentworth away, this could all be reversed, with Salve needing the win to get the first round bye.

Hard to beleive we're at the end of another season, though. Where does the time go?
        You are correct about UNE/WIT, but if Salve took care of business against WNEU and WIT this game would mean NOTHING. They would be 6 points up (4 points if UNE beat WIT). Salve now just needs a win or tie to claim the #1 seed. I expect this game to be good one. Whoever has the better special teams will win this one. Hot goalie wont hurt either.

Comment

Salve took it to UNE last night at the Forum. They definitely brought their A game tonight. This is not to say that UNE was a slouch, not at all, they played a great game as well. Both goalies were terrific, Wojtala made some really great saves when he needed to.

So, UNE will play at home against Wentworth and Endicott and Nichols will play on Wednesday. I guess that would put UNE at Curry on Saturday. Curry has been playing well, of late, and they will be tough. That, plus it is hard to beat any team three times in a season.

Congratulations to Salve on a Conference Regular Season Championship and, now, on to the playoffs.

After thought, what a difference a year makes. Last year the CCC had 3 teams qualify for the NCAA's, if Salve doesn't win the AQ, I don't think they make it, while the NEHC may have three teams make it!

Comment

Salve took it to UNE last night at the Forum. They definitely brought their A game tonight. This is not to say that UNE was a slouch, not at all, they played a great game as well. Both goalies were terrific, Wojtala made some really great saves when he needed to.

So, UNE will play at home against Wentworth and Endicott and Nichols will play on Wednesday. I guess that would put UNE at Curry on Saturday. Curry has been playing well, of late, and they will be tough. That, plus it is hard to beat any team three times in a season.

Congratulations to Salve on a Conference Regular Season Championship and, now, on to the playoffs.

After thought, what a difference a year makes. Last year the CCC had 3 teams qualify for the NCAA's, if Salve doesn't win the AQ, I don't think they make it, while the NEHC may have three teams make it!
            Agree that only the conference playoff winner gets in this year. Having seen a number of games this year I think they only deserve the one, while they beat up on each other the overall hockey wasn't as good as a year ago.

Just one warning when you have UNE at Curry in the second round. If UNE takes Wentworth for granted they'll get knocked out; Wentworth has wins against UNE, Salve and Endicott this year so they've shown they can play and anything can happen in the tournament. Can't forget that Nichols went on the road last year and won all three playoff games to win the AQ.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
              Agree that only the conference playoff winner gets in this year. Having seen a number of games this year I think they only deserve the one, while they beat up on each other the overall hockey wasn't as good as a year ago.

Just one warning when you have UNE at Curry in the second round. If UNE takes Wentworth for granted they'll get knocked out; Wentworth has wins against UNE, Salve and Endicott this year so they've shown they can play and anything can happen in the tournament. Can't forget that Nichols went on the road last year and won all three playoff games to win the AQ.
              Absolutely agree about Wentworth. I've said all season that they are a difficult team to figure. They have wins against UNE, Salve and Endicott, this will be a battle on Wednesday.

What is happening at Endicott? 1-4 in their last five games with losses to WENU and WIT and two very lopsided losses to UNE.

Comment

CCC playoffs start Wednesday. So what’s everyone thinking? Can Wentworth pull off the upset? What Endicott team shows up at Nichols? Curry has been tough down the stretch and Salve is playing the best they have all year. They were awefully good Saturday night up at UNE.

Thoughts??

Comment

CCC playoffs start Wednesday. So what’s everyone thinking? Can Wentworth pull off the upset? What Endicott team shows up at Nichols? Curry has been tough down the stretch and Salve is playing the best they have all year. They were awefully good Saturday night up at UNE.

Thoughts??
                  Do you think Wentworth figured something out about UNE? They ran off 5 straight goals in the 3rd period the last time they played. Could that be considered momentum? UNE will have their hands full on Wednesday. Last Saturday, Salve was a good step to a step and a half quicker than UNE all over the ice. They took away time and space from UNE and the Nor'easters did not respond well, at all!

I have no idea what is going on at Endicott. Against UNE, the looked very flat, no spirit. They also didn't couldn't find the back of the net against WNEU on Saturday after outscoring this same team 19-1 at the beginning of the year, quite a reversal! If they don't wake up on Wednesday, their season will be over.

So, out on my limb, I see UNE and Nichols making it through t the Semi finals, after that, I think it'll be a dog fight!

Comment

Do you think Wentworth figured something out about UNE? They ran off 5 straight goals in the 3rd period the last time they played. Could that be considered momentum? UNE will have their hands full on Wednesday. Last Saturday, Salve was a good step to a step and a half quicker than UNE all over the ice. They took away time and space from UNE and the Nor'easters did not respond well, at all!

I have no idea what is going on at Endicott. Against UNE, the looked very flat, no spirit. They also didn't couldn't find the back of the net against WNEU on Saturday after outscoring this same team 19-1 at the beginning of the year, quite a reversal! If they don't wake up on Wednesday, their season will be over.

So, out on my limb, I see UNE and Nichols making it through t the Semi finals, after that, I think it'll be a dog fight!
                    Pretty much right on. From what I’ve seen this year. Now the tough question who would Salve and Curry like to see on Saturday?

Looking back Salve has beaten Endicott all four times the past four times they have played. Against Nichols they have been 6-1 against them but lost in the semi’s last year to them. All those games have been battles. 2-1-1vs. WIT.
                    Curry 1-3 vs. Endicott, 0-4 vs. UNE and vs. Nichols 2-2-1.

I do believe you can throw away past results come the playoffs, but Salve, Nichols, UNE have the playoff experience of playing in big games, none more than salve. Curry on the other hand play fearlessly, nothing bothers them.

Let’s enjoy

Comment

Pretty much right on. From what I’ve seen this year. Now the tough question who would Salve and Curry like to see on Saturday?

Looking back Salve has beaten Endicott all four times the past four times they have played. Against Nichols they have been 6-1 against them but lost in the semi’s last year to them. All those games have been battles. 2-1-1vs. WIT.
                      Curry 1-3 vs. Endicott, 0-4 vs. UNE and vs. Nichols 2-2-1.

I do believe you can throw away past results come the playoffs, but Salve, Nichols, UNE have the playoff experience of playing in big games, none more than salve. Curry on the other hand play fearlessly, nothing bothers them.

Let’s enjoy
                      Endicott has the most talent in the league in my opinion, but they act like it and that doesn't always translate into Wins. I think they lose to Nichols. The Bison are a real tough team to play against and I think they will win, looks like Endicott has packed it in for the season. UNE will win against WIT, although they have a very bad home record in games that matter, Last year Nichols in the conference Championship and Colby in the tourney and then Saturday against Salve.

Salve has been playing much better of late. They dropped Brent Hill from the team and since then they have really gelled. The freshmen are playing well and their D core is very good led by Renda, Cyr and Dillon, definitely an All Rookie selection in the CCC. Wojtala is also playing well after some shaky games.

I see UNE-Playing Curry and Salve Vs. Nichols- Finals of UNE v Salve with Salve winning. Other than that, I have no idea- Curry is getting no props nationally and they have had a very good year. That being said, the CCC will only get one team in the dance this year, the tourney champs.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                        Endicott has the most talent in the league in my opinion, but they act like it and that doesn't always translate into Wins. I think they lose to Nichols. The Bison are a real tough team to play against and I think they will win, looks like Endicott has packed it in for the season. UNE will win against WIT, although they have a very bad home record in games that matter, Last year Nichols in the conference Championship and Colby in the tourney and then Saturday against Salve.

Salve has been playing much better of late. They dropped Brent Hill from the team and since then they have really gelled. The freshmen are playing well and their D core is very good led by Renda, Cyr and Dillon, definitely an All Rookie selection in the CCC. Wojtala is also playing well after some shaky games.

I see UNE-Playing Curry and Salve Vs. Nichols- Finals of UNE v Salve with Salve winning. Other than that, I have no idea- Curry is getting no props nationally and they have had a very good year. That being said, the CCC will only get one team in the dance this year, the tourney champs.
                        Not really sure why you even mention Brent Hill. Salve playing well of late has ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING to do with Brent Hill being dropped from the team. As a matter of fact I believe they could use him down the stretch, but that is neither here nor there. It is what it is!

Enough said!

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post

UNE is the better skating team compared to Wentworth who will need to be very physical if they are to pull the upset. I think Wentworth has split with UNE, Salve and Endicott during the regular season so they can be tough. I can't figure out Endicott. They don't travel well, SOGs are down on the road compared to when they are at home and all season they seem to pick up penalties at the worst time. Nichols on the other hand seems to have problems scoring; they've played a lot of low scoring games. I think the first round winners will be UNE by two or three goals and Nichols in a close one. Will look at the semi-finals after tomorrow night.

Comment

CCC All-Conference Team and Major Awards released yesterday. http://cccathletics.com/sports/mice/...01819MIHAllCCC. Not many surprises. A few of the players could've been on different teams and probably missed a few but overall looks like they got the best.

Good luck starting tonight!!

Comment

So the Semi Finals are set. UNE at Curry and Endicott at Salve, both games on Saturday night. UNE took it to Wentworth early, Ryan Bloom had the hat trick in the first 25 minutes and Wentworth could only muster 8 shots in the first 2 periods. The advantage was really pronounced in the favor of UNE for the first two periods.

Sadly, one Wentworth player got hurt pretty badly, from where I was standing, it appeared to be a femur. I don't think it was a knee injury as they had to call rescue to take him off to the hospital. It wasn't a bad hit, I think he went awkwardly into the boards. Play was stopped for a good 15 to 20 minutes. I hope he's OK.I didn't get his number.

Third period, especially after the long stoppage, UNE played poorly. I am sure Coach Swallow will not be happy when he reviews the tape.

And there will be a new champion in the CCC! Endicott with an overtime win. Salve beat Endicott pretty handily back in November. The big question is, which Endicott shows up on Saturday!

Congratulations to the winners tonight and to the entire Conference, Thanks for a great season! Can't wait for Saturday!

Comment

I think UNE will see how difficult it is to beat a team three times in a year. It is the age old question, can they do it three times in a year? The game could be close or it could be over early, either way! I am not sure what kind of a crowd Curry draws to its home games. I think there should be a good crowd traveling south from Biddeford to cheer on the Nor'Easters.

Based on the way that Salve played last week in Biddeford, they will be a hard team to beat. They are so strong in the goal that they can afford to gamble offensively and take some chances on the O-Zone. Endicott is such an enigma that you don't know which team will show up. I think both teams could beat each other pretty good so the winner of the Curry/UNE game could benefit.

Wouldn't it be kinda funny if there were no penalties called in the Salve/Endicott game!?

Looking forward to a great night of hockey in the CCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X