CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nefan View Post
    The team that stayed out of the box seemed like the better team Saturday in Newport. salve took some penalties in the 2nd period and Nichols stated to control the game. same happened to Nichols in the 3rd when they took some penalties and salve took over the game. Salve was the better team in the 1st period when virtually nothing was called and the refs let them bang with each other. Big weekend for the CCC to continue to make a name for itself. Curry vs. #4 UMass Boston, Endicott vs. #13 Plymouth St. and salve travelling out west to play two games with #7 Adrian. Then when they come back from Christmas you will have a bunch more to watch (Salve-Pathfinder Classic, Endicott in Northfield bank, UNE in Middlebury Classic). Fun times ahead.
    Endicott rolls over Plymouth on Thursday, Curry knocks off #4 UMass Boston last night, Wentworth & WNEU all getting wins out of conference this week. The only loss was #5 Salve losing to #7 Adrian. Salve outshot Adrain 40-26. Looked like they played well and had some quality scoring chances just couldn’t finish last night. The two of them play again today.

Comment

Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Endicott rolls over Plymouth on Thursday, Curry knocks off #4 UMass Boston last night, Wentworth & WNEU all getting wins out of conference this week. The only loss was #5 Salve losing to #7 Adrian. Salve outshot Adrain 40-26. Looked like they played well and had some quality scoring chances just couldn’t finish last night. The two of them play again today.
      Salve can't go 0 for 9 on the PP and expect to win.

Comment

The second half of the season is just around the corner and the first half went pretty much as expected. The top 5 teams are where they should be and the bottom is where they were expected to be. Curry showed some life after some rough games early. Wentworth is still a wild card for the conference, better not take a shift off against them, they could burn a top team.

Anyone know of any mid season additions to teams? I noticed that some teams in other conferences have added depth.

Some another thread, does the CCC have any responsibility for the debacle out at Adrian with Salve? I know the kid from Salve took a beathing, but he did engage in "fighting". Are there any suspensions forthcoming?

Happy New Year, all, and on to the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
          The second half of the season is just around the corner and the first half went pretty much as expected. The top 5 teams are where they should be and the bottom is where they were expected to be. Curry showed some life after some rough games early. Wentworth is still a wild card for the conference, better not take a shift off against them, they could burn a top team.

Anyone know of any mid season additions to teams? I noticed that some teams in other conferences have added depth.

Some another thread, does the CCC have any responsibility for the debacle out at Adrian with Salve? I know the kid from Salve took a beathing, but he did engage in "fighting". Are there any suspensions forthcoming?

Happy New Year, all, and on to the second half of the season.
          Salve player will lose a game per NCAA fighting penalty. It’s unfortunate he was literally pulled from the pile and was getting punched at. Was trying to protect himself. Not much more he could do. The suspensions should come from the NCHA or Adrain For their player who was the instigator of the entire event. Haven’t seen any additional suspensions but i guess we will see once they play. As far as the referees??? I hope they have lost games??

Comment

Salve player will lose a game per NCAA fighting penalty. It’s unfortunate he was literally pulled from the pile and was getting punched at. Was trying to protect himself. Not much more he could do. The suspensions should come from the NCHA or Adrain For their player who was the instigator of the entire event. Haven’t seen any additional suspensions but i guess we will see once they play. As far as the referees??? I hope they have lost games??
            Don’t get your hopes up. The NCHA already made their position known by giving the offending Adrian player a Player of the Week award...
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
              Don’t get your hopes up. The NCHA already made their position known by giving the offending Adrian player a Player of the Week award...
              LOL. Really don’t think anything will happen, just making the statement that its the school or leagues responsibility. What goes around usually comes around.

Comment

LOL. Really don’t think anything will happen, just making the statement that its the school or leagues responsibility. What goes around usually comes around.
                It's been going around for years and nothing has come around.....
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Not much activity here! I wonder if we've become complacent about the conference? There have been some pretty good games in the conference this year, but last night was not a great example. I had the chance to watch the UNE/Becker and the Curry/Endicott games. Neither game was one that the teams would put a bow around, but Curry pulled off a mild upset by beating Endicott at home. Endicott looked (while I watched flipping back and forth between games) really flat. Curry is going to be "there" at the end, I think. It really seems as though teams take them too lightly. I am glad UNE got them earlier in the season.

What can be done about schools that don't stream their games. Given the completion for players, it doesn't seem to make sense that a school would not use the stream as a recruiting tool. WNEU and Wentworth don't seem to stream their games. I was also surprised that Suffolk (NEHC) wasn't streaming their games. How can a school be serious about their programs if they don't stream?

Anyway, the last three weekends of the season will be very interesting on the Biddeford Campus. UNE has home and home against Endicott, Nichols and a single game the last Saturday of the regular season against Salve. I wonder what UNE did to p*** off the conference scheduler?

I hope everyone hunkers down this weekend, stays safe, all of the teams traveling this Saturday make it home in time for the Pats/KC game!

Comment

My mistake, sorry.

Comment

Wentworth pulls the upset beating Salve. The Leopards aren't a bad team and could pull another surprise or two before the season ends.

Comment

It almost seems like Endicott and Salve play better on the road than they do home, at least with conference opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                          WNEU and Wentworth don't seem to stream their games.
                          Both schools stream their games. The Wentworth/Salve game was unavailable on Friday night due to an internet issue at the rink, which happens from time to time.

Stream link
                          Bill Gorman
                          Associate Director of Athletics/
                          Sports Information Director
                          Wentworth Institute of Technology

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by WIT SID View Post
                            Both schools stream their games. The Wentworth/Salve game was unavailable on Friday night due to an internet issue at the rink, which happens from time to time.

Stream link
                            Sorry for the misinformation. For some reason, I had in my head that games in the past at WIT didn't get streamed. I'm glad you cleared that up.

Your boys had a great win on Saturday. This conference has really done well in hockey, it's great for the game.

Comment

We did go all of last season without the ability to stream games due to not having a dedicated internet line and a weak wi-fi signal that couldn't hold the stream. It stunk but it was out of our control. Thankfully that problem was resolved prior to the start of this season so, provided the line works (there was an issue on Friday night which hopefully gets resolved this week) we're back up and running.

Thanks. It was a really good win for them Saturday.
                              Bill Gorman
                              Associate Director of Athletics/
                              Sports Information Director
                              Wentworth Institute of Technology

It is what it is.

Comment

A couple of good weekend series coming up on Friday and Saturday. Nichols and Curry should have a couple of great battles starting on Friday at Curry. This will be the first time, this year, that Curry will play at home first in a series against one the top three CCC teams. Against Salve and Endicott, Curry won on the road Friday, and lost at home on Saturday. They caught UNE when UNE was playing really well and Curry dropped both games. This will be a key weekend for the Colonels.

UNE had better be ready against Wentworth. From what little I saw of the Saturday game against Salve, Salve had their hands full. The game winning goal was the product of hard work and staying focused. It also seems as though Salve gets penalties at the wrong tong time! This could be the weekend that Wentworth steps out as a top tier team in the CCC.

Endicott and Salve should have easy weekends playing Becker and WNEU, respectively.

I think the interested viewers will key in on Nichols/Curry and UNE/WIT.

Still looking forward the the last 3 weeks of the season for UNE!

Comment

Working...
                                X