CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

First half of Weekend One is in the books and I think the surprise so far was the Curry/Endicott final. I'm not surprised that Endicott won the game, but really thought there'd be a few more goals before the night was over. Salve looked good vs Nichols, who seem to be having trouble finding their identity. From what I saw last night (while watching 3 other games on stream) was an inconsistent effort by Nichols. If anyone was at the game, was that the case, or did I just catch them at the wrong time?

Curious as to how the Wentworth/WNEU Overtime was received. Was anyone at that game?

Game 2 tonight, but will be interesting to see how Curry and Nichols react to their losses last night. UNE seemed to put in a solid effort vs Becker. I'll be at that game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
      First half of Weekend One is in the books and I think the surprise so far was the Curry/Endicott final. I'm not surprised that Endicott won the game, but really thought there'd be a few more goals before the night was over. Salve looked good vs Nichols, who seem to be having trouble finding their identity. From what I saw last night (while watching 3 other games on stream) was an inconsistent effort by Nichols. If anyone was at the game, was that the case, or did I just catch them at the wrong time?

Curious as to how the Wentworth/WNEU Overtime was received. Was anyone at that game?

Game 2 tonight, but will be interesting to see how Curry and Nichols react to their losses last night. UNE seemed to put in a solid effort vs Becker. I'll be at that game tonight.
      Saw much of the Nichols/Adrian game and streamed last night's game and saw what you did. Lots of gliding instead of skating, reaching for pucks instead of going after them. Lots of young kids who might be a little intimidated. There is talent but early on seem to be tentative.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post

I was at the nichols and salve game on Friday...Salve is really good and I didn’t think the Nichols goalie looked good at all.

St. Jean made some great stops in the game for Salve and deserved the victory.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

During yesterday's Salve/Nichols, a Salve winger came across the neutral zone and laid on a blindside hit on a Nichols forward. Back in the day, some might have said the Nichols winger has to take some responsibility for not having his head up, but that was "back in the day". The referees made an appropriate call (IMO) of 5 mins for a charge and a game misconduct.

So, here is my question, Is this something the Conference will review and possibly mete out additional sanctions?

I know that last year in the Salve game vs Adrian (I think?) there was an incident between the two teams that neither conference looked at. Interested in what others are thinking.

Comment

During yesterday's Salve/Nichols, a Salve winger came across the neutral zone and laid on a blindside hit on a Nichols forward. Back in the day, some might have said the Nichols winger has to take some responsibility for not having his head up, but that was "back in the day". The referees made an appropriate call (IMO) of 5 mins for a charge and a game misconduct.

So, here is my question, Is this something the Conference will review and possibly mete out additional sanctions?

I know that last year in the Salve game vs Adrian (I think?) there was an incident between the two teams that neither conference looked at. Interested in what others are thinking.
            Don’t think you will see anything additional. Check was as clean as it could be. Nichols guy needs to get his head up if he’s skating through the middle of the ice. Puck was a bit in his skates to his defense. Shoulder to chest hit, hands never came up stick was down, never left his feet. Really nothing else the salve skater could do, if he slows up either he gets beat or he takes the worst of the hit. Loud noise, bit hit refs automatically call those BUT SHOULD THEY.? Refs were not good in that game for both sides. Salve did look good again for a second night and St. Jean is stepping right in for Wojtola so far. He has been sharp. Curry bounced back nicely after a tough Friday night loss. Next weekend games to watch should be UNE/WIT and Nichols/Endicott. Salve/WNEU and Curry/Becker could be interesting as well as both WNEU and Becker can beat you on any given night. Teams better show up ready to battle. See you Friday!!

Comment

This weekend should be huge for Nichols. If they want to remain viable in the CCC they are going to have to put together a couple of wins vs. Endicott. Which means that the weekend is huge for Endicott. This could also be a big weekend for Wentworth as they travel to Biddeford to play UNE. If UNE doesn't play smarter, less selfish hockey, they could be surprised by Wentworth. Too many bad penalties by UNE could cost them big against a team like Wentworth.

Becker has a lot of work to do, Curry should have an easy time with them this weekend. Salve and WNEU should be predictable. Who will be sitting on the top of the league on Sunday?

Comment

This weekend should be huge for Nichols. If they want to remain viable in the CCC they are going to have to put together a couple of wins vs. Endicott. Which means that the weekend is huge for Endicott. This could also be a big weekend for Wentworth as they travel to Biddeford to play UNE. If UNE doesn't play smarter, less selfish hockey, they could be surprised by Wentworth. Too many bad penalties by UNE could cost them big against a team like Wentworth.

Becker has a lot of work to do, Curry should have an easy time with them this weekend. Salve and WNEU should be predictable. Who will be sitting on the top of the league on Sunday?
                Agree across the board. WIT is dangerous and they play UNE tough. Nichols/Endicott Should be two physical games will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
                Salve and Curry better not take these games for granted cause you never know but if they show up and play hard they should both win. Salve by the way has lost to WNEU the last two years in Springfield. That should be enough motivation. Let’s play some hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                  Agree across the board. WIT is dangerous and they play UNE tough. Nichols/Endicott Should be two physical games will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
                  Salve and Curry better not take these games for granted cause you never know but if they show up and play hard they should both win. Salve by the way has lost to WNEU the last two years in Springfield. That should be enough motivation. Let’s play some hockey.

Looking at Nichols next 5 games, I think they play Endicott 3 times and Curry 2 times. They are a good team, but they could certainly lose 5 games. It would be real hard to imagine that a team which beat the top ranked team in an exhibition (Norwich) started the season 0-9. I hope not, because they are a good team and they compete.

Comment

How many CCC folks are surprised at Nichols being 0-4 to start the season?

This coming weekend should have some very good games highlighted by Nichols and Curry. A couple of ways to look at this, Nichols could be so p***ed off that they have dropped 4 in a row that they totally let loose on Curry and go on a goal scoring binge, or they are so tight, not wanting to make mistakes, that they stink the joint out... or someplace in between. No matter how you look at it, these are very consequential games for the Bison!

UNE/Endicott should be a great series and the Salve/Wentworth series should have some interesting moments. Last year, WIT beat Salve at the Abbey with 3 PPGs in the final 11 minutes. Alas, Becker is, well, Becker. Saw them play last week at UNE. The ids were working hard, but they need to work smarter. Too many times UNE had open passes that created scoring chances. Seems like the defensive zone coverage got "lost" too easily. They have a lot of work to do to catch up to the rest of the conference.

Still, I think the big surprise of this young season has got to be Nichols! Thoughts?

Comment

This has become a make-or-break weekend for Nichols. They have two games against Curry beginning on the road Friday night. They cannot afford to go 0-2 this weekend. Endicott travels to UNE for the start of a big series. I can't imagine either team sweeping the weekend, but if one does it will create some space in the standings. Is this the weekend that Wentworth shows it is ready to move on to the next level?

Nichols is a good team. It is really hard to explain the 0-4 start, but it will be a whole lot harder to explain an 0-6 start!

Comment

This has become a make-or-break weekend for Nichols. They have two games against Curry beginning on the road Friday night. They cannot afford to go 0-2 this weekend. Endicott travels to UNE for the start of a big series. I can't imagine either team sweeping the weekend, but if one does it will create some space in the standings. Is this the weekend that Wentworth shows it is ready to move on to the next level?

Nichols is a good team. It is really hard to explain the 0-4 start, but it will be a whole lot harder to explain an 0-6 start!
                        Well, Nichols can go 0-27, and still have a shot at a berth, once the "real" season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Well, Nichols can go 0-27, and still have a shot at a berth, once the "real" season starts.
                          Actually, they couldn't, CCC takes the top six teams of the 8 team hockey conference. the top 2 teams get byes into the semi finals.

Comment

Actually, they couldn't, CCC takes the top six teams of the 8 team hockey conference. the top 2 teams get byes into the semi finals.
                            OK, so maybe 8-19, and still get in..?

Not picking on you, just mocking the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Actually they can't go 0-27 because the schedule limit is 25 games.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I was at the UNE/Endicott game last night and I was very impressed by the Endicott team. I thought they really stifled the UNE attack all night. I didn't keep track of the number of shots that were blocked by Endicott, but they really did a great job of closing off the shooting lanes! Endicott killed off a major penalty in the first period allowing only one goal. I felt that was a major turning point in the game. UNE had some great opportunities to add to the score, but the Gulls "D" and the GK made some great plays. UNE will need to make some adjustments if they want success today.

Nichols continues to be an enigma. Who would have thought they'd be 0-5 (0-7 overall) to start the season. Curry continued to add to their problems last night. Maybe home ice today will help them break through in the win column.

Sounded like Salve had their hands full at Wentworth and Becker finally broke through against WNEU. Who would have thought, that after 5 games in Becker would be ahead of Nichols in the Conference standings! If Endicott can keep this momentum going, they are going to be tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X