Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
    Off the topic but Former Salve Regina All American Jack Billings was the leading Scorer at Niagara this year. He was a great player and still is. I don't recall any D3- D1 transfer have that type of success. Goes to show the skill level between D1/D3 is not that great.
    I think what Billings did is a testament to Jack Billings more than a testament to the divide between D1 and D3. Billings is a very talented player who made the rest of the Salve players better. I suspect he pushed and modeled what it took to be a top player for his teammates.

Not to set of our mathematicians and statisticians on these threads, but I'm not sure whether correlation or causation is appropriate here!

Comment

I'll copy in other thread nice..

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
        I think what Billings did is a testament to Jack Billings more than a testament to the divide between D1 and D3. Billings is a very talented player who made the rest of the Salve players better. I suspect he pushed and modeled what it took to be a top player for his teammates.

Not to set of our mathematicians and statisticians on these threads, but I'm not sure whether correlation or causation is appropriate here!
        true, true, and unrelated. There is, after all a positive correlation between the per capita cheese consumption in the U. S, and the number of people who die by becoming tangled in their bedsheets.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          true, true, and unrelated. There is, after all a positive correlation between the per capita cheese consumption in the U. S, and the number of people who die by becoming tangled in their bedsheets.
          +1

Comment

• The Nichols' coach left to go to a junior team. Is that a step down?

Comment

• CCC pulled the plug on athletics until Jan 1 2021. I’m not sure we’re going to see any college sports this year!

Comment

• CCC pulled the plug on athletics until Jan 1 2021. I’m not sure we’re going to see any college sports this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                  CCC pulled the plug on athletics until Jan 1 2021. I’m not sure we’re going to see any college sports this year!
                  Sad for the kids
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Now that the CCC and NESCAC have canceled all contests until at least Jan 1, 2021, what are the chances we’ll see any games at all this year. I believe UMass Boston and USM have postponed their games until Jan 1, not sure if the conference has taken any steps.

Let us hope that we can get this thing under control soon, not so much for the games, but for our country. This is serious stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                      Now that the CCC and NESCAC have canceled all contests until at least Jan 1, 2021, what are the chances we’ll see any games at all this year. I believe UMass Boston and USM have postponed their games until Jan 1, not sure if the conference has taken any steps.

Let us hope that we can get this thing under control soon, not so much for the games, but for our country. This is serious stuff!
                      The NEHC has also postponed all league competition until Jan. 1, 2021. Teams are able to schedule non-conference games if they choose to prior to then.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• The GK for UNE, Ben Churchfield, signed a pro contract with the EIHL in the UK: https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/articl...elers-2-goalie. I guess he wanted to head home. This is a lot of game experience lost for UNE, however, it won't matter if the games aren't played! Good Luck to Ben and thanks for 3 great years at UNE.

Comment

Working...
                        X