CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

CCC Preseason poll (which is probably not worth a whole lot!) was released today. UNE was the top pick with Salve, Nichols, Curry and Endicott rounding out the top 5. As much as I hope that UNE ends up on top, the season is long and these teams are really good. We'll have to see...

Also, the league introduced a new OT format. It sounds interesting, if not fatiguing for the players! I think there are other conferences using the same format.

Here is the CCC press release: https://cccathletics.com/sports/mice.../201920MIHPoll

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
      CCC Preseason poll (which is probably not worth a whole lot!) was released today. UNE was the top pick with Salve, Nichols, Curry and Endicott rounding out the top 5. As much as I hope that UNE ends up on top, the season is long and these teams are really good. We'll have to see...

Also, the league introduced a new OT format. It sounds interesting, if not fatiguing for the players! I think there are other conferences using the same format.

Here is the CCC press release: https://cccathletics.com/sports/mice.../201920MIHPoll
      Atlantic Hockey is using that overtime also.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I thought somebody was. They used it last year, didn't they? I wonder how it worked within the Conference?

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          The WCHA has been using this for a couple of years
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            The WCHA has been using this for a couple of years

Unrelated- but heard that Salve is speaking with St. George's in regards to building out the back rink with locker rooms and stands to make that it's home rink. This would be a big win for the school as it is right near campus and if built properly would be a great atmosphere and a great recruiting tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
              Unrelated- but heard that Salve is speaking with St. George's in regards to building out the back rink with locker rooms and stands to make that it's home rink. This would be a big win for the school as it is right near campus and if built properly would be a great atmosphere and a great recruiting tool.
              That would be a huge improvement and an unbelievable recruiting tool to go along with the Newport location. As i‘ve said before they were in the national championship game one year ago and got there with possible the one of the worst facilities in the CCC. I believe that freshman group was told the move to St. George’s was in the works back then and it would happen soon. Would be nice if they could reap the benefits of a new home for their senior year?? Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                That would be a huge improvement and an unbelievable recruiting tool to go along with the Newport location. As i‘ve said before they were in the national championship game one year ago and got there with possible the one of the worst facilities in the CCC. I believe that freshman group was told the move to St. George’s was in the works back then and it would happen soon. Would be nice if they could reap the benefits of a new home for their senior year?? Time will tell.
                My expectations were set that it would be done by next season.- the rink is already there, it would be adding locker rooms and seating, still a lot of work, but not an entirely new facility

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                  My expectations were set that it would be done by next season.- the rink is already there, it would be adding locker rooms and seating, still a lot of work, but not an entirely new facility
                  Not that Salve needs a great boost because they seem to do a pretty good job of bringing in some really quality recruits, this would be a great boost for the Conference. The stronger our team get, the better the level of hockey and the more fun it is to watch all of the kids play. Wouldn't it be great to have nine CCC teams all contending for the top spot!

Comment

Looks like a pretty good exhibition weekend for the CCC. Nichols beat Norwich 3-1, UNE beat Utica 4-2, and Curry beat Assumption (score not reported on CollegeHockeyStats). This coming weekend has some good Non Conference games on tap, Adrian vs.Nichols (in Buffalo), Salve at Plymouth St, and Curry at UMass Boston. UNE will travel to Norwich for a rematch of the NCAA Quarterfinal game last year (won by Norwich in OT).

UNE Also has an exhibition game on Tuesday vs. USM at Gorham.

Finally, the games have begun!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                      Looks like a pretty good exhibition weekend for the CCC. Nichols beat Norwich 3-1, UNE beat Utica 4-2, and Curry beat Assumption (score not reported on CollegeHockeyStats). This coming weekend has some good Non Conference games on tap, Adrian vs.Nichols (in Buffalo), Salve at Plymouth St, and Curry at UMass Boston. UNE will travel to Norwich for a rematch of the NCAA Quarterfinal game last year (won by Norwich in OT).

UNE Also has an exhibition game on Tuesday vs. USM at Gorham.

Finally, the games have begun!
                      Should be a great test this weekend for the CCC schools. Some good games with ranked teams all on tap. Nichols has Adrian (then Manhattanville/Buff St.), Salve travels to Plymouth St, Curry travels to both Umass Boston & Babson, and UNE travels to Norwich. Wentworth at Umass Boston.

Should be an interesting opening weekend.

Comment

Should be a great test this weekend for the CCC schools. Some good games with ranked teams all on tap. Nichols has Adrian (then Manhattanville/Buff St.), Salve travels to Plymouth St, Curry travels to both Umass Boston & Babson, and UNE travels to Norwich. Wentworth at Umass Boston.

https://www.salveathletics.com/sport...2019-20/roster

Roster is out, these guys are ready to play Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by nefan View Post

Curry came out as top dog from the CCC along with Salve this weekend in non-conference games. Curry knocking off #12 & #15 on back to back night in two very good games. Salve disposed of Plymouth State pretty easily on Friday getting great performances from their D-Men. WIT had a nice split but ran into I believe a ****ed off UMB team on Saturday. UNE had penalty problems early and could never get back into the game up in Norwich. Nichols had a tough weekend but played two very good teams. Becker with the split and WNEU with the win. League play starts this Friday with the top games Salve/Nichols and Curry/Endicott.

Comment

Curry came out as top dog from the CCC along with Salve this weekend in non-conference games. Curry knocking off #12 & #15 on back to back night in two very good games. Salve disposed of Plymouth State pretty easily on Friday getting great performances from their D-Men. WIT had a nice split but ran into I believe a ****ed off UMB team on Saturday. UNE had penalty problems early and could never get back into the game up in Norwich. Nichols had a tough weekend but played two very good teams. Becker with the split and WNEU with the win. League play starts this Friday with the top games Salve/Nichols and Curry/Endicott.
                            I figured UMB would come out strong after losing the Curry. I had the chance to catch the Curry game on stream, and I thought they looked great. They are going to be very tough this season.

UNE picked up some very lazy and poor penalties against Norwich. The first two goals were just great puck movement by Norwich and UNE was caught standing! UNE is going to have to be far more disciplined if they want to be successful this season.

Let the games begin!

Comment

• CCC play begins this weekend: Curry/Endicott, Salve/Nichols look like the tightest games but Becker/UNE and WIT/WNEU also get after it. 3 weeks of conference play then tourney time before one more CCC game to end the break. Thoughts??

Comment

CCC play begins this weekend: Curry/Endicott, Salve/Nichols look like the tightest games but Becker/UNE and WIT/WNEU also get after it. 3 weeks of conference play then tourney time before one more CCC game to end the break. Thoughts??
                                After watching the UNE/Norwich game on the stream, UNE better clean up its act! Most of the penalties involved elbow, cross check and boarding. These are not smart penalties and it cost them on 3 of Norwich's 4 goals. Even with the effective PK unit, these are hard to overcome and they are not what we've come to expect from a good, talented team. I hope they can clean it up.

Curry had a great weekend and they appear to be opening the season in high gear! Nichols had two tough opponents last weekend and I expect they will respond positively in conference play.

I tink Curry has elevated itself into the top tier of this conference and should be among the last teams standing.

So here's my question for UNE, going into the weekend match up with Endicott on Nov 22, will their record be 4-0, 3-1 or 2-2 (No disrespect toward Becker!, heck, they could be 0-4!).

Comment

Working...
                                X