Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
    I was at the UNE/Endicott game last night and I was very impressed by the Endicott team. I thought they really stifled the UNE attack all night. I didn't keep track of the number of shots that were blocked by Endicott, but they really did a great job of closing off the shooting lanes! Endicott killed off a major penalty in the first period allowing only one goal. I felt that was a major turning point in the game. UNE had some great opportunities to add to the score, but the Gulls "D" and the GK made some great plays. UNE will need to make some adjustments if they want success today.

Nichols continues to be an enigma. Who would have thought they'd be 0-5 (0-7 overall) to start the season. Curry continued to add to their problems last night. Maybe home ice today will help them break through in the win column.

Sounded like Salve had their hands full at Wentworth and Becker finally broke through against WNEU. Who would have thought, that after 5 games in Becker would be ahead of Nichols in the Conference standings! If Endicott can keep this momentum going, they are going to be tough.
    I've seen a couple of the Nichols' games and thought the effort was okay but not great. Not a very physical team, some young guys are big but need to develop and the older guys are more finesse than grinders. The one thing that sticks out is the lack of scoring, 1.5 goals per game and terrible results on the PP where they have four goals in 45 attempts for less than 9%. At least one of those goals was a five on three which is worth noting. If they can find a way to get the puck in the back of the net they'll be okay but someone has to step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
      I've seen a couple of the Nichols' games and thought the effort was okay but not great. Not a very physical team, some young guys are big but need to develop and the older guys are more finesse than grinders. The one thing that sticks out is the lack of scoring, 1.5 goals per game and terrible results on the PP where they have four goals in 45 attempts for less than 9%. At least one of those goals was a five on three which is worth noting. If they can find a way to get the puck in the back of the net they'll be okay but someone has to step up.
      Week three complete in the CCC and we have a tight race at the top as was expected but Nichols 0-6 (0-8) is a huge surprise. Got hammered by Curry at home tonight 8-1. Curry is tough. UNE/Endicott split which gives UNE their first loss in league play. Salve remains the only undefeated team at 6-0 in league. Two tough wins against a Wentworth team that always plays them tight. Don’t sleep on WIT, they got some good skill and are very gritty. They will beat some of the top teams. A few non-conference games this week and over thanksgiving then back to CCC play the following weekend. Biggest games will be Salve heading to Utica tournament where they will play Oswego on Friday.

Comment

Doesnt the CCC follow the same points rules
        As the UCHC ???

Confused with some of the first OT period winners not getting the 3 points

UCHC rules for conference games only: A win over an opponent in regulation or in the regular five minute overtime is worth three points in the standings, a win in the 3-on-3 or shootout sessions is worth two points, and a loss in 3-on-3 or the shootout will net a team one standings point. A loss in regulation or the first overtime period will be worth no points.

Comment

Originally posted by gfan View Post
          Doesnt the CCC follow the same points rules
          As the UCHC ???

Confused with some of the first OT period winners not getting the 3 points

UCHC rules for conference games only: A win over an opponent in regulation or in the regular five minute overtime is worth three points in the standings, a win in the 3-on-3 or shootout sessions is worth two points, and a loss in 3-on-3 or the shootout will net a team one standings point. A loss in regulation or the first overtime period will be worth no points.
          DOn't hold me to this, 'cuz I'm not sure I fully understand it!

Games that are tied at the end of regulation will go to a 5-min, five-on-five OT period, sudden death. If one team scores they will receive 2 points in conference standings, the losing team will receive 1 point. If neither team scores, it goes to a 3-on-3 format for five minutes, same point allotment. If still tied after 3-on-3, shootout occurs until one team scores and the other doesn't. In any event, I think games tied after regulation earn each team at least one point.

Here is a link to the press release: https://cccathletics.com/sports/mice.../201920MIHPoll

Comment

• Two CCC teams in action today in t-giving tournaments. Curry ended up losing in a shootout in a goaltenders battle up in Castleton to Fredonia. 0-0 through regulation, 1st OT and 3 on 3 OT, Curry eventually losing in the shootout 1-0. Salve with a huge win up in Utica Tourney beating Oswego 6-3 with four 3rd period goals. Six different goal scorers. St. Jean was strong in net. Two more tomorrow but need to wait to see who wins 2nd games to see who Curry & Salve will play.

Comment

Curry has a huge weekend before the break. They open on Friday night at UNE. Then, on Saturday, they play host to Salve. I know it's still early in the season, but going into the Holiday Break in 1st place would be certainly make the recruiting easier when coaches are meeting with prospective juniors. I was trying to figure out the possibilities and I got a headache!

If UNE wins both games this weekend, they'll have 21 points (regulation wins), Curry could end up with 18 points and Salve with 17 points (if Curry beats Salve)... OK, here comes the headache again!! Lets just let the kids play the games and see what happens!

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                Curry has a huge weekend before the break. They open on Friday night at UNE. Then, on Saturday, they play host to Salve. I know it's still early in the season, but going into the Holiday Break in 1st place would be certainly make the recruiting easier when coaches are meeting with prospective juniors. I was trying to figure out the possibilities and I got a headache!

If UNE wins both games this weekend, they'll have 21 points (regulation wins), Curry could end up with 18 points and Salve with 17 points (if Curry beats Salve)... OK, here comes the headache again!! Lets just let the kids play the games and see what happens!
                UNE/Curry and Curry/Salve were two great games. Anyone could’ve won either game. Great pace in both games, very good goaltending, physical play and some real nice goals. Officiating both nights was less than desired but you get what you get i guess!! Top players (scorers) on each team were evident and produced. These three teams along with Endicott which continues to win could all win the league. They could have 3 teams in the top 15 at years end but Unfortunately they will beat up on each other and some could be left on the outside looking in. Salve @ NEC tomorrow night then a bit of a break till the holiday tournaments. Endicott going to Plattsburgh tourney, Salve going to Norwich tourney, UNE going to Oswego. Great tests for all three teams. Should be fun after the break. Lace them up!!

Comment

I was at the UNE/Curry game in Biddeford. I seemed like 3 separate games. UNE absolutely owned the first period scoring two goals. The shots (16-10) do not indicate how much UNE dominated that period. I don't track O-zone time, but it was significant in favor of UNE. Curry had some real difficulty getting the puck out of their end. Second period, not so much. The shots were almost even (10-9, for UNE) but Curry made some nice adjustments to move the puck from their zone. UNE again got into trouble with stupid penalties, (boarding, cross checking and holding) and gave up 3 PPGs to Curry. The 3rd period saw UNE counter the Curry adjustments. The final two goals came from high slot, the result of good puck movement by UNE and creating shooting lanes that Curry had shut down. It was fun to watch two good coaches work!

Curry is a very dangerous team! They have some amazing moments of brilliant play. If they ever get that kind of play to become more prevalent, watch out!

Salve seems to know how to win. Some teams can put stretches of really lousy play out there and yet still know what they need to do to win. Salve really have some players with great skills, and they just don't give up, they just keep going. If you're going to beat them, you need to do it early and finish them off... and then don't let up!

Nichols is still an enigma. Anyone who thought they'd be 0 for Christmas, would have been put into the "cracker-factory"! Not sure what is going on in Dudley, but it must be difficult. This is where a good coach makes his money... getting the Bison ship turned around!

Also sounded like a good game for Becker against Wentworth.

Enjoy your holidays. UNE, Endicott, Salve, Nichols Curry are all headed to Tournaments with some really good competition. Great way to start off the New Year!

Comment

I was at the UNE/Curry game in Biddeford. I seemed like 3 separate games. UNE absolutely owned the first period scoring two goals. The shots (16-10) do not indicate how much UNE dominated that period. I don't track O-zone time, but it was significant in favor of UNE. Curry had some real difficulty getting the puck out of their end. Second period, not so much. The shots were almost even (10-9, for UNE) but Curry made some nice adjustments to move the puck from their zone. UNE again got into trouble with stupid penalties, (boarding, cross checking and holding) and gave up 3 PPGs to Curry. The 3rd period saw UNE counter the Curry adjustments. The final two goals came from high slot, the result of good puck movement by UNE and creating shooting lanes that Curry had shut down. It was fun to watch two good coaches work!

Curry is a very dangerous team! They have some amazing moments of brilliant play. If they ever get that kind of play to become more prevalent, watch out!

Salve seems to know how to win. Some teams can put stretches of really lousy play out there and yet still know what they need to do to win. Salve really have some players with great skills, and they just don't give up, they just keep going. If you're going to beat them, you need to do it early and finish them off... and then don't let up!

Nichols is still an enigma. Anyone who thought they'd be 0 for Christmas, would have been put into the "cracker-factory"! Not sure what is going on in Dudley, but it must be difficult. This is where a good coach makes his money... getting the Bison ship turned around!

Also sounded like a good game for Becker against Wentworth.

Enjoy your holidays. UNE, Endicott, Salve, Nichols Curry are all headed to Tournaments with some really good competition. Great way to start off the New Year!
                    Salve with a quality win last night vs. a #15 NEC team that has beaten some good teams (Hobart, Babson, Umass Boston). Seahawks go into the break with an impressive 9-1-1 record. Salve played real well at times controlling the game but fell asleep at times which allowed NEC to tie the game up. Maybe the long drive or the Tuesday night game factored in the up and down play? NEC is good and will continue to win games in the NEHC. See everyone after the New year.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                      Salve with a quality win last night vs. a #15 NEC team that has beaten some good teams (Hobart, Babson, Umass Boston). Seahawks go into the break with an impressive 9-1-1 record. Salve played real well at times controlling the game but fell asleep at times which allowed NEC to tie the game up. Maybe the long drive or the Tuesday night game factored in the up and down play? NEC is good and will continue to win games in the NEHC. See everyone after the New year.
                      Looking forward to seeing Salve at the Norwich holiday tournament. Hoping Norwich and Salve get a chance to play each other! NU missed its chance to play Eau-Claire.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                        I think that is what makes Salve such a dangerous team. You cannot allow them any space. You need to score early and often and not let up for a single shift. You take a shift off against Salve and they will make you pay. They have kids who know how to win, they never think they are out of a game, unless they are down by four or five goals. And, even then, they know if they get one, they could get two!

Comment

I think that is what makes Salve such a dangerous team. You cannot allow them any space. You need to score early and often and not let up for a single shift. You take a shift off against Salve and they will make you pay. They have kids who know how to win, they never think they are out of a game, unless they are down by four or five goals. And, even then, they know if they get one, they could get two!
                          Salve certainly didn't look "dangerous" at Utica, but maybe they had bus-legs. Two strides behind all game long.

Nothing to fear there, on that night.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-13-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Salve certainly didn't look "dangerous" at Utica, but maybe they had bus-legs. Two strides behind all game long.

They looked pretty dangerous at Utica the night before on Friday night vs. Oswego! Long day in the hotel, bus legs, whatever, really doesn’t matter. They didn’t play well and lost. Happens to every team a few times during a long season. CCC has 4 teams that can beat anybody on any given night. Some quality non-conference games after X-mas should help determine where they all fit in. Enjoy the break!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Fish, That's what I'm talking about. Utica scored early in the first and early in the second, with no response from Salve. If you're going to beat Salve you have to get them early and not let up for a second. It seems like that is what Utica did. They also got Salve into some "lazy" penalties that come from frustration. Usually, when you get that from Salve they will not play well.

But then again, what do I know?

Comment

Fish, That's what I'm talking about. Utica scored early in the first and early in the second, with no response from Salve. If you're going to beat Salve you have to get them early and not let up for a second. It seems like that is what Utica did. They also got Salve into some "lazy" penalties that come from frustration. Usually, when you get that from Salve they will not play well.

But then again, what do I know?
                                Coach, my post was sort of extraneous. Sorry. What happened that night is that UC played as perfect a hockey game as I've seen in many years, maybe ever.

No disrespect to Salve. I was a fan of theirs in the NCAA's last year. Utica just put on a clinic that night.

Comment

Working...
                                X