Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCC Hockey Coaches Poll

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
    I am hoping that UNE can take care of business this weekend beating Wentworth at home and Becker on the road. Then I have to hope (man, do I hate depending on "Hope"!) that Becker, or more likely Curry and steal a point from Endicott to insure Home Ice through the playoffs. Curry has a very steep hill to climb, and they would have to depend on "Hope" and "Prayer" to slip into a bye position. Hope might come through for Curry but I'm not too sure about Prayer! Nichols continues strong and should get a home game in the first round.

Still concerned about the NCAA's. What if Endicott and UNE are in the conference finals? Any thought that they both may get a bid? Same for the NEHC, if Norwich and Babson or Norwich and Hobart are in the finals?
    Be careful what you wish for; if I remember correctly UNE got smoked at home in the CCC finals a couple years ago! Curry has a tough finish this week. I'm still curious about Salve and Nichols, Salve is missing its defense and seems to be falling apart while Nichols seems to have completely turned things around. Regardless of who they play will Salve be one and done? Can Nichols go on a run? In my humble opinion Curry seems to be the best all around squad.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
      Be careful what you wish for; if I remember correctly UNE got smoked at home in the CCC finals a couple years ago! Curry has a tough finish this week. I'm still curious about Salve and Nichols, Salve is missing its defense and seems to be falling apart while Nichols seems to have completely turned things around. Regardless of who they play will Salve be one and done? Can Nichols go on a run? In my humble opinion Curry seems to be the best all around squad.
      I remember that night, I think it was Nichols who absolutely took it to UNE that night. It was also a night that, I think the UNE fans did not do themselves proud!

I agree with you about Curry. They have been playing well and they seem to be an unselfish group. I think the Selection Committee, and there are far more knowledgeable people on this site than me, uses either the PWR or the RPI for the at large selections. That could work against Curry and Nichols, at this time. Maybe??? (folks who know way more than me...)

Comment

I remember that night, I think it was Nichols who absolutely took it to UNE that night. It was also a night that, I think the UNE fans did not do themselves proud!

I agree with you about Curry. They have been playing well and they seem to be an unselfish group. I think the Selection Committee, and there are far more knowledgeable people on this site than me, uses either the PWR or the RPI for the at large selections. That could work against Curry and Nichols, at this time. Maybe??? (folks who know way more than me...)
        The PWR is used. The top 4 teams without autobids get the Pool C slots. That's it, that's all. No more committee decisions
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

So Wednesday night, it will be Salve vs. Nichols (not sure where) and Wentworth traveling to Curry, with the winners moving on to Saturday to face No.1 Endicott and No. 2 UNE. Endicott looked good last night against Curry. It seemed like a very tight checking game all night, but it really seemed like Endicott tightened up the defense even more in that 3rd period after their starting goalie got hurt and had to leave the game. If O'Brien can't go next week, because of injury, what, and who does Endicott turn to?

This is probably for a totally different thread, but, the defeat of Babson by USM last night sent all of the Pool C teams scrambling to their computers to see what effect that loss will have n their chances of sneaking in an At-Large bid. With their season done, this should allow other teams a chance to move ahead in the PWR, shouldn't it?

Comment

There should be two pretty good games on Wednesday in the CCC. Nichols travels to Salve in what should be a fairly even game. Salve beat Nichols twice early in the season, but Nichols seemed to have been snake bit at the time. That second game had quite a second period, 139 minutes in that period alone, most coming at 14:07. I wonder how good their memories are.

Wentworth and Curry should be a good one as well. I thought Wentworth played a great game at UNE on Friday night. It looked as though they had UNE baffled for long stretches during that game. Any of these four teams will make for a difficult game for both UNE and Endicott. Although I was very impressed with Endicott against Curry on Saturday.

Comment

• Wentworth takes down Curry 2-1.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Nichols over Salve in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Wentworth takes down Curry 2-1.
                  This is a bit of a surprise in that Curry took two from them during the season. However, Wentworth took UNE to the max last week before UNE squeaked out a 2-1 victory. This will be the fourth time these two teams (UNE/Wentworth) have met this season, and UNE has taken all three games by ever decreasing margins, Wentworth could pull off a second surprise in Biddeford if UNE is not careful.

Nichols continues their late season run. They have been playing well and finally winning some of the close games they were losing early. I really liked the way Endicott looked last week against Curry. I thought they were playing a much stronger, more disciplined game, which will make it tough to beat them. Does anyone have any information on their top goalie, Connor O'Brien? He left the game with an injury midway through the 3rd and did not return.

My heart is saying UNE/Endicott final next week, but neither Nichols nor Wentworth wants their season to end. Desperation is an interesting motivator.

Comment

I will be at Nichols and Endicott on Saturday
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Wentworth continues their surprising run through the playoffs. Last night, they were a well disciplined team who had a plan and they executed it perfectly! They were strong all over the ice and especially in the goal. UNE played them four times this season, and in the first two games, Wentworth would give up some soft goals that would really blunt their effort. Since Goalie Carbo joined the team in January, they have not been giving up the softies.

Wentworth disrupted the UNE attack in all three zones. They had sticks in every passing lane and every shooting lane. They blocked shots all night and, when they weren't blocking shots, they were "influencing" the attempts by UNE shooters. It really was a great effort by Wentworth.

So,it will be a six visiting two for the conference championship with an AQ on the line, as Endicott finished off Nichols in OT. And, for those of us in Biddeford, it's "wait until next year!"!

Comment

Congratulations to Endicott on winning the CCC Championship. Wentworth did a great job taking them to the limit. What a greta run for the Leopards. I am disappointed that the CCC has only one representative in the NCAAs. When the season started, I had high hopes for lots of teams.

This is the second year in a row that NEHC has had three teams make it to the NCAAs. I asked this question last year about the inclusion of Suffolk and Johnson Wales and the effect that has. When both of those teams played in the CCC, the CCC placed 3 teams in the NCAAs. The schedule make up that came about because they left has to have an impact the PWR... doesn't it????

Comment

Congratulations to Endicott on winning the CCC Championship. Wentworth did a great job taking them to the limit. What a greta run for the Leopards. I am disappointed that the CCC has only one representative in the NCAAs. When the season started, I had high hopes for lots of teams.

This is the second year in a row that NEHC has had three teams make it to the NCAAs. I asked this question last year about the inclusion of Suffolk and Johnson Wales and the effect that has. When both of those teams played in the CCC, the CCC placed 3 teams in the NCAAs. The schedule make up that came about because they left has to have an impact the PWR... doesn't it????
                          J&W and Suffolk were drags on the PWR because they did poorly out of conference and that drags down the OWP for the rest of the conference. I would say this is just a coincidence. I have a saying in statistical analysis - True, True, and unrelated.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            J&W and Suffolk were drags on the PWR because they did poorly out of conference and that drags down the OWP for the rest of the conference. I would say this is just a coincidence. I have a saying in statistical analysis - True, True, and unrelated.
                            But I like my Mark Twain quote when dealing with Statistics; "...There are lies, ****able lies and statistics..."

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              But you get Suffolk back next season.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                But you get Suffolk back next season.
                                Off the topic but Former Salve Regina All American Jack Billings was the leading Scorer at Niagara this year. He was a great player and still is. I don't recall any D3- D1 transfer have that type of success. Goes to show the skill level between D1/D3 is not that great.

Comment

Working...
                                X