Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    Why don't you stick with the rebuilding of your hockey program at RPI ... you have no clue. But here's a clue to the SLU that matter ... the S & S refer to their most prominent alumni currently involved in pro hockey. They are leading the search.
    Sorry for asking a question... fyi, i'm a saints fan. But can someone explain to me why these two gentleman are in such high regards? Granted they both forgot more on hockey today than I will ever have a clue on. But that being said, The are NHL'ers not NCAA it takes two different types of people to be successful. Plus, I see leaning on them for recommendations, input etc.. But to put them as leading the search they both have to very important jobs to do, both are in organizations that are struggling so where does SLU search fit in on the "to do list". Like I have said before, outside the president most important face to SLU so why not use a search firm?

Comment

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19 *MORRIS FIRED*

NOW WE ARE LOOSING RECRUITS TO D3 SCHOOLS

Neutral Zone

@_Neutral_Zone
      Following Following @_Neutral_Zone
      More
      3.75⭐️Andy Stoneman to BOWDOIN College. Former St. Lawrence commit has good size. Plays hard, has a sturdy stick and soft hands. Savvy instincts and an excellent abilty to carry and create. 2000 still has lots of upside. Size, speed, vision and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post

Neutral Zone

@_Neutral_Zone
        More
        3.75⭐️Andy Stoneman to BOWDOIN College. Former St. Lawrence commit has good size. Plays hard, has a sturdy stick and soft hands. Savvy instincts and an excellent abilty to carry and create. 2000 still has lots of upside. Size, speed, vision and skill.
        Just lost Cam Gray to Adrian, also.

Comment

Neutral Zone

@_Neutral_Zone
          More
          Good move by the kid. He had a choice between SLU and Bowdoin in which both schools administration clearly view and support hockey as a D-III sport. He now will go to Bowdoin and receive a better education and a better degree.
          Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
            Good move by the kid. He had a choice between SLU and Bowdoin in which both schools administration clearly view and support hockey as a D-III sport. He now will go to Bowdoin and receive a better education and a better degree.
            Ouch. Just saw this. D3? Maybe so. A better education and a better degree? Personally, I turned down Bowdoin for SLU, and I certainly think I got a great education--and I'm proud of my degree.

Comment

I know that Neutral Zone still likes Andy Stoneman, and I don't know anything more than what I see in print, but IMO his history this past season didn't inspire confidence.

We have a number of recruits who I think are borderline D1/D3 kids, and some who are probably straight-up D3 kids. I wouldn't be surprised to see several of them -- the weaker ones, anyway -- switch to D3 schools, especially if the next coach can get us back to a respectable recruiting position pretty quickly.

... which leads to Cam Gray leaving. He was a D3 kid who was brought in on very short notice as essentially an emergency backup when Kyle Hayton left. He was never going to see ice time unless he was the only goalie left standing. Frankly, I was kind of surprised he didn't leave for a D3 school a year ago.
              Canton High School '76
              SLU '81
              KSLU game broadcasts '80-'81
              SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

Not intending to pile on but you lost another........
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Well Mothers day has past, Graduation day is fast approaching and Memorial day not far off!! Tick Tick Tock we have no coach on the Clock! Any updates??

Comment

Well Mothers day has past, Graduation day is fast approaching and Memorial day not far off!! Tick Tick Tock we have no coach on the Clock! Any updates??
                    Have to think at this point, they are on to plan D or E....Maybe a coach from an Atlantic Hockey team, or an assistant from another ECAC team

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                      Have to think at this point, they are on to plan D or E....Maybe a coach from an Atlantic Hockey team, or an assistant from another ECAC team
                      They tried the Atlantic and were shot down!

Bob must go . Sorry, great coach awesome soccer mind but not a CEO of a athletic group.

Comment

Looks like Moe Acee has also pulled his commit.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                          Do NOT go the D3 route, unless you have a solid recruiter who knows the difference between D1 and D3.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Joe--my boss is a Clarkson grad, so naturally we talk, but neither of us is anywhere near the North. So, I'm asking you: what's the biggest difference between the two programs? If the situation were reversed, what do you think could be done to fix it? Blow up Appleton? Fire Durocher? Beg Joe Marsh to come back? Change back to the Larries (best nickname evah)?

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                              Joe--my boss is a Clarkson grad, so naturally we talk, but neither of us is anywhere near the North. So, I'm asking you: what's the biggest difference between the two programs? If the situation were reversed, what do you think could be done to fix it? Blow up Appleton? Fire Durocher? Beg Joe Marsh to come back? Change back to the Larries (best nickname evah)?
                              My take between it is simple. At Clarkson you have a Prez, AD that support hockey! You run a D1 program different than a D3, even though you are in a D3 school. Tech gets its. SLU management for what ever reason chooses not to run it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                                Many years ago, I posted that the Saints used to be called the Larries. I have several old RPI programs that used that nickname. I was told that Larries was never actually their nickname. Is that true? Personally, I like the name Larries better, but it is not for me to decide.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X