Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
    Fact didn't Carvy start in 2012 and Franco and Bari in 2007? then didn't The AD start 2015. Maybe the SID has the wrong information on the dark web.

Where do we stand on the new coach for mens hockey?
    Just for the factual record: The ff. occurred under Bob as AD: "Franco and Bari" (?) administrative promotion; selection as head coach of Bob's former ***'t Tosh and extension of Carvy's contract.
    No doubt the Charles Appleton II fund will welcome contributions from alums like you to make D3 SLU's hockey coach salary/endowment more competitive w/ deep pocketed exclusively
    D1 programs.
    SLU65

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
      Just for the factual record: The ff. occurred under Bob as AD: "Franco and Bari" (?) administrative promotion; selection as head coach of Bob's former ***'t Tosh and extension of Carvy's contract.
      No doubt the Charles Appleton II fund will welcome contributions from alums like you to make D3 SLU's hockey coach salary/endowment more competitive w/ deep pocketed exclusively
      D1 programs.
      The HHC 11 miles or so up the road makes over $200K
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I've been led to believe its much more than that...250+ ish....

W/ BG getting there guy and RIT extension for Wayne have to wonder if AIC will sweeten the pot to keep Laing....

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          But that's also 100% endowment, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            But that's also 100% endowment, is it not?
            Dunno. CCT's 990 has him listed as one of ita highest paid employees.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Does anyone have any actual info on the short list of candidates ...have they been on campus??? Any signs of life in Canton ??
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Does anyone have any actual info on the short list of candidates ...have they been on campus??? Any signs of life in Canton ??
                Frequent DU poster checking in on your thread. My daughter will be attending SLU next year and while on a campus tour, I fell in love with the hockey rink. So now I am ready to adopt the Saints as my second team. As for the coach search, it seems like there are lots of good candidates out there. What about Gwozdecky or Blasi? Too expensive?
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  Frequent DU poster checking in on your thread. My daughter will be attending SLU next year and while on a campus tour, I fell in love with the hockey rink. So now I am ready to adopt the Saints as my second team. As for the coach search, it seems like there are lots of good candidates out there. What about Gwozdecky or Blasi? Too expensive?
                  Blasi is cut from same mold as Morris. It doesn't work. I'm afraid, that many are too expensive. I hope I'm wrong, but getting feeling of SLU Lowballing!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                    Only name being thrown around publicly with any hope is AIC's Laing. Gwozdecky or Blasi would be way out of SLU's league financially. While there is a lot of claims coming out of the Administration that they are going to up the pay for the coaches they will still pay way under the high majority of D-I programs even with the raise. Hell SLU lowballed two-time National Coach of the Year Joe Marsh for 25 years and then lowballed Carvey right out of town and were able to lowball Morris because he was willing to take it for another shot in the college ranks.
                    Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                      Only name being thrown around publicly with any hope is AIC's Laing. Gwozdecky or Blasi would be way out of SLU's league financially. While there is a lot of claims coming out of the Administration that they are going to up the pay for the coaches they will still pay way under the high majority of D-I programs even with the raise. Hell SLU lowballed two-time National Coach of the Year Joe Marsh for 25 years and then lowballed Carvey right out of town and were able to lowball Morris because he was willing to take it for another shot in the college ranks.
                      How much do we think Lang makes at AIC now? What does the average Atlantic Hockey Coach make these days?

Comment

Greetings -- It's been a super long time since I've posted here (kept myself busy posting 5 million things in the Facebook group), but with the coaching search underway, I'm checking in on the conversation. I saw that Joe mentioned CCT's 990, so I figured SLU and AIC must file 990s too (I had never heard of 990s, but figured they must be non-profit disclosure forms, and they are). I found a site that makes them available for free, although it doesn't seem to have very recent ones. The only one they have for SLU is from 2016, and it lists Carvy at $169K for W2 income and $31K for "other compensation". Durocher: $127K and $19K. Looks like that made Carvy's base salary the 9th highest at SLU.
                        http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201606_990.pdf

For AIC, the most recent form is from 2017. In the list of highest-paid employees, Lang doesn't appear (nor does the word "coach"). The lowest salary listed is $127K, so apparently he was making less than that, which is what I would have expected.
                        http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201706_990.pdf
                        Canton High School '76
                        SLU '81
                        KSLU game broadcasts '80-'81
                        SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

Originally posted by SluStatsMan View Post
                          Greetings -- It's been a super long time since I've posted here (kept myself busy posting 5 million things in the Facebook group), but with the coaching search underway, I'm checking in on the conversation. I saw that Joe mentioned CCT's 990, so I figured SLU and AIC must file 990s too (I had never heard of 990s, but figured they must be non-profit disclosure forms, and they are). I found a site that makes them available for free, although it doesn't seem to have very recent ones. The only one they have for SLU is from 2016, and it lists Carvy at $169K for W2 income and $31K for "other compensation". Durocher: $127K and $19K. Looks like that made Carvy's base salary the 9th highest at SLU.
                          https://990s.foundationcenter.org/99...201606_990.pdf

For AIC, the most recent form is from 2017. In the list of highest-paid employees, Lang doesn't appear (nor does the word "coach"). The lowest salary listed is $127K, so apparently he was making less than that, which is what I would have expected.
                          https://990s.foundationcenter.org/99...201706_990.pdf
                          His first year at AIC was 16*17 season. So most likely wasn't there a full year during the reporting period, if at all. (Depending when Finance year end is, gut say July-June)

Comment

His first year at AIC was 16*17 season. So most likely wasn't there a full year during the reporting period, if at all. (Depending when Finance year end is, gut say July-June)
                            I did some more digging and found AIC's form for July 2016 to June 2017 (so the calendar is as you expected). He's not on that form either. So yeah, under about $127K.
                            Canton High School '76
                            SLU '81
                            SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

Originally posted by SluStatsMan View Post
                              I did some more digging and found AIC's form for July 2016 to June 2017 (so the calendar is as you expected). He's not on that form either. So yeah, under about $127K.
                              Since the fiscal year for college is 2016-2017 if you were looking at the 16 year wouldn't that mean 2015-16 time period? Not trying to be difficult or anything. Not sure what he makes thinking gut only in the $125-150 range. so your under 127 I agree with. In my eyes only, I feel the biggest issue is total packages not only for the Head Coach but AC coaches as well.

Its been one week since he has been on campus. Which is usually not a good sign as the old sayin' goes "time kills all deals". What i find disturbing is that no road map was in place under what if we fire the coach or the coach leaves. Short list should have been made, with in budget guide lines. It was stated somewhere i think SLU wanted person in place by AHCA convention that is May 1-4. That is 4 business days away! tick tock.....

Comment

Since the fiscal year for college is 2016-2017 if you were looking at the 16 year wouldn't that mean 2015-16 time period?
                                No, it was for July 2016 to June 2017. (I believe the form said they filed it in 2018.)

In my eyes only, I feel the biggest issue is total packages not only for the Head Coach but AC coaches as well.
                                I agree. My understanding, though Carvy hasn't said this to me directly, is that his issue wasn't his own pay but the ACs' pay and other program resources. I think they/we would be best served by raising the HC's pay only a little and raising everything else by a lot (within whatever amount they can afford). btw, I also looked up Union, and Rick Bennett was at $199K as of a couple or three years ago.

Its been one week since he has been on campus. Which is usually not a good sign as the old sayin' goes "time kills all deals". What i find disturbing is that no road map was in place under what if we fire the coach or the coach leaves. Short list should have been made, with in budget guide lines. It was stated somewhere i think SLU wanted person in place by AHCA convention that is May 1-4. That is 4 business days away! tick tock.....
                                As long as the process they're using isn't the same as last time, I'm good!
                                Canton High School '76
                                SLU '81
                                SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

Working...
                                X