SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

So has everybody read the Meloni piece at CHN? Yikes. Maybe I shoulda gone to Clarkson. Shoot me now.

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
      So has everybody read the Meloni piece at CHN? Yikes. Maybe I shoulda gone to Clarkson. Shoot me now.

So I did this AM, posted on this site. but it has vanshied... as did someone called carol hill...all gone! Must be because I agreed with the article....Typical SLU cover up....

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
        So I did this AM, posted on this site. but it has vanshied... as did someone called carol hill...all gone! Must be because I agreed with the article....Typical SLU cover up....
        I posted the CHN link and some brief comments. As CAHillPhoto. I can only guess that they deleted any post that contained a link to a “competing“ outlet?
        obsessed fan of Saints Hockey (even when we were awful)
        SLU '79
        hockey photog since the days of pushed Tri-X

Comment

Originally posted by CAHillPhoto View Post
          I posted the CHN link and some brief comments. As CAHillPhoto. I can only guess that they deleted any post that contained a link to a “competing“ outlet?
          That is a theory. I also have mine that an SLU person deleted it b/c the article was scathing..... HMMM Sound familiar? Sometimes truth hurts! Make SLU Good Again.

Comment

Unfortunately, the article in CHN is accurate, and Laing should heed the advice given.
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
              Unfortunately, the article in CHN is accurate, and Laing should heed the advice given.
              Interesting article in today's New England Hockey Journal. ... The clock is ticking down...Today is the day!

Comment

Eric Lang turned down St. Lawrence
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Lennon View Post
                  Just for the factual record: The ff. occurred under Bob as AD: "Franco and Bari" (?) administrative promotion; selection as head coach of Bob's former ***'t Tosh and extension of Carvy's contract.
                  No doubt the Charles Appleton II fund will welcome contributions from alums like you to make D3 SLU's hockey coach salary/endowment more competitive w/ deep pocketed exclusively
                  D1 programs.
                  Per sources Eric turned it down!! Maybe your boy BOB is not as great or Ray or Randy!! Keep drinking KOOL AIDE changes are needed to make the program great again!

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                    Eric Lang turned down St. Lawrence
                    well sh*t
                    can't say I am totally shocked
                    obsessed fan of Saints Hockey (even when we were awful)
                    SLU '79
                    hockey photog since the days of pushed Tri-X

Comment

A propane cylinder buried in the dumpster fire...
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

well sh*t
                        I'm surprised if he was willing to interview in the first place. If he'd just rather stay at his alma mater I understand that entirely and it's no reflection on SLU.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

well sh*t
                          Now they're forced to go hat in hand to whatever runner up is willing to take their call. No way they should've given Laing that kind if time....2 days max. Even money they head into the national coaches mtgs without a coach...or they rush to hire the 2nd fiddler to save face. Either way it's Pathetic.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Now they're forced to go hat in hand to whatever runner up is willing to take their call. No way they should've given Laing that kind if time....2 days max. Even money they head into the national coaches mtgs without a coach...or they rush to hire the 2nd fiddler to save face. Either way it's Pathetic.
                            Not 2nd Fiddler, it will be Third b/c the guy from Northeastern pulled out. Plus now rumors are Nate is getting job in Ottawa, so If I were KM I'd hold still at Providence! (Nate has NHL in his sites, sorry but Providence job is better than SLU)

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                              Not 2nd Fiddler, it will be Third b/c the guy from Northeastern pulled out. Plus now rumors are Nate is getting job in Ottawa, so If I were KM I'd hold still at Providence! (Nate has NHL in his sites, sorry but Providence job is better than SLU)
                              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I'm surprised if he was willing to interview in the first place. If he'd just rather stay at his alma mater I understand that entirely and it's no reflection on SLU.
                                He got the raise from AIC, didn't he?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X