Utica College Pioneers - 2018-19 Season: Young Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College Pioneers - 2018-19 Season: Young Guns

I understand the points possibilities, I guess my question is, is Wilkes any good, can they beat Utica, and do you think that last game will determine the autobid ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      I understand the points possibilities, I guess my question is, is Wilkes any good, can they beat Utica, and do you think that last game will determine the autobid ?
      Wilkes has proven it’s not an ordinary first year program I would think with their successes so far. They’ve got a good record for a reason. Sure their OOC isn’t all that strong but they’ve still had good results against traditionally good teams in the UCHC.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Maybe I’m understanding your question incorrectly but whatever team wins the UCHC playoffs gets the bid not the regular season champion.
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Wilkes has proven it’s not an ordinary first year program I would think with their successes so far. They’ve got a good record for a reason. Sure their OOC isn’t all that strong but they’ve still had good results against traditionally good teams in the UCHC.
          Yeah, the UCHC in general has been dismal OOC (23-45-11).

Having said that, I agree that Wilkes is not to be overlooked in-conference. In fact, I could envision any of the top-6 having a legitimate shot at the AQ, but with those two who earn a 1st-round bye having a distinct leg-up.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
            Maybe I’m understanding your question incorrectly but whatever team wins the UCHC playoffs gets the bid not the regular season champion.
            It has been that way for years in all of the d3 conferences.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              It has been that way for years in all of the d3 conferences.
              I know that but others apparently do not. 🤠

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                I know that but others apparently do not. 🤠
                Which ones ?? I don't know of any.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Lol! It seemed like the guy I was replying to didn’t understand. 👍

Comment

Shabby is a D-1 guy. Colgate fan. Not too concerned with our tiny cottage industry, and why should he be? He just checks-in from time to time because he has a casual interest in UC hockey...

And he NEVER trolls. Perhaps you two children should take note of that.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-31-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

My bad, not sure what I was thinking, I know the rules. Thanks fish and benny.

Comment

Shabby, not sure how this new league works. Elmira and UC play to a 1-1 OT tie, and then play another 5 min. 3 on 3 OT. UC "wins" it but the league lists it as a tie with each team getting 1 point. Does anyone know why they would play the 3 on 3 if it doesn't mean anything, or is the league site wrong? If it is a tie, UC remains 1 point back of Elmira and 2 points back of Wilkes, with a game in hand. Hope somebody knows how this works because the league web site doesn't have anything I can find about a 3 on 3 OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
                          Shabby, not sure how this new league works. Elmira and UC play to a 1-1 OT tie, and then play another 5 min. 3 on 3 OT. UC "wins" it but the league lists it as a tie with each team getting 1 point. Does anyone know why they would play the 3 on 3 if it doesn't mean anything, or is the league site wrong? If it is a tie, UC remains 1 point back of Elmira and 2 points back of Wilkes, with a game in hand. Hope somebody knows how this works because the league web site doesn't have anything I can find about a 3 on 3 OT.

Looks like the new extra OT's are no more than exhibitions. What a waste of time. Seriously stupid.

In any case, that was one of the more exciting games I've seen a long while. The 3-on-3 second OT was especially fun. I much prefer that to a shoot-out. Too bad it amounted to a wank-off for everyone involved.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-01-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
                            From the standings page of the league website:

In UCHC Conference Men's Games ONLY:
                            3 Points for a win in regulation or standard 5-on-5 OT
                            0 Points for a loss in regulation or 5-on-5 OT
                            If the score remains tied at that point, it is credited as a TIE on the conference and overall records of both teams per NCAA guidelines. From there, the teams advance to a 3-on-3 session and shootout if needed to determine who takes the majority of the three available UCHC standings points ONLY. The winner gets two points, the losing team in those sessions receives one point. Both teams are credited with a tie on their record.

Stats in the 3-on-3 and shootout do NOT count towards season totals, except for misconduct and disqualification penalties which are tracked to be used for supplemental discpline as needed.

Teams are shown with their records in the 3v3 and Shootout attached separately.
                            The league has to list it as a tie because it is a tie for NCAA purposes. For league purposes, it is an almost-win for UC. They would have gotten 3pts for a true win, but only get two for this one, conceding 1pt to EC. According to the UCHC website, both teams are now tied at 29 points for the season.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

LMAO...So convoluted, why do something so different then other leagues, what sense does it make ?

Comment

LMAO...So convoluted, why do something so different then other leagues, what sense does it make ?
                                It's definitely different, but it's cool that they are making a conscious effort to try and break ties in standings, while providing excitement to the fans and players. I don't see a huge problem with it. It is a little confusing to "score a goal" and have it not count in your season totals but whatever.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X