Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    -- wouldn't it be great to see a flip in our favor in the near future?
    Do you know something and you're not going to tell?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      Do you know something and you're not going to tell?
      No inside intel here. Just speculating (and hoping) from afar!

Comment

Since we’re speculating about next year....
        Sanford, Milan, and Osborn will graduate..so we need at least 2 forwards and 1 defenseman

Questionable?
        Rosburg - I believe he graduates this year as he was redshirted.
        KH - will they be back for a senior year?
        Will any of the mostly practice players seeing little ice time leave?

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
          Since we’re speculating about next year....
          Sanford, Milan, and Osborn will graduate..so we need at least 2 forwards and 1 defenseman

Questionable?
          Rosburg - I believe he graduates this year as he was redshirted.
          KH - will they be back for a senior year?
          Will any of the mostly practice players seeing little ice time leave?
          Rosburg is listed as a redshirt Junior, so he should still have a year of eligibility
          KH - I think both should be getting serious looks to get free agent contracts. My money is that K, as the nearest to NHL material, could opt for it.
          You mean guys like Esteves, Chrcek and Scarsella? I would think Cole is hedging his bets that way in recruiting.

Comment

KH - I think both should be getting serious looks to get free agent contracts. My money is that K, as the nearest to NHL material, could opt for it.
            After seeing both of them move the puck in the Gopher series, I agree K looks ripe for the NHL.

Comment

Rosburg is listed as a redshirt Junior, so he should still have a year of eligibility
              You mean guys like Esteves, Chrcek and Scarsella? I would think Cole is hedging his bets that way in recruiting.
              I believe WSummers' point was that as a RS Junior who will theoretically graduate after this season, whether Rosburg avails himself of the grad transfer rules for his remaining season of eligibility. I would be surprised if he did that, since he seems to be an integral part of the defense, and the team's fortunes appear to be trending up.

As for the "practice players", they have to see the writing on the wall when other players are recruited such that the numbers are no longer in their favor (I recall I mentioned earlier in this thread before the season began, that Scarsella and Chrcek were odd men out once the Krygier twins flipped). The only reason I can think of to stay in those two cases, is that they're relatively local (not so with Esteves, I realize). Even dman Ghafari seems to be seeing less ice lately, so one has to wonder about his future.
              Last edited by FLHockeyMom; 01-23-2019, 03:19 PM. Reason: Change word

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                I believe WSummers' point was that as a RS Junior who will theoretically graduate after this season, whether Rosburg avails himself of the grad transfer rules for his remaining season of eligibility. I would be surprised if he did that, since he seems to be an integral part of the defense, and the team's fortunes appear to be trending up.
                Nope you're right, I neglected to take that into account ... and Rosburg is not a native Michigander so from that angle, there's nothing tying him to this area, his father's NMU ties notwithstanding.

Speaking of trending up, 3 B1G wins in a row, a series sweep and a series season win against someone other than Michigan - how much will that impact a recruit's decision he believe's he's already made?
                Last edited by owslachief; 01-24-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Big series this weekend, though I suppose they all are at this point.

I think we actually had the upper hand when we played them at Munn. They had a couple weird goals and their defense was its usual strong self, but we outshot and controlled most of the puck possession.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I think we actually had the upper hand when we played them at Munn. They had a couple weird goals and their defense was its usual strong self, but we outshot and controlled most of the puck possession.
                    May the Anastosesque principles of success through goal-scoring aversion continue to put a lid on Notre Dame's season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Whelp, 52 shots on goal and still lost by 3.

I don’t even think ND is that much better a team than us but I am the least confident facing them than any other B1G team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                        Whelp, 52 shots on goal and still lost by 3.

I don’t even think ND is that much better a team than us but I am the least confident facing them than any other B1G team.
                        Hard to imagine a game changing as quickly as it did when they (ND) got that 3rd goal. State owned the play for a long stretch to that point, and then the wheels came off.

Comment

Truly, one of the most intense hockey games I've ever seen live. It had everything, short of 3 goals. Cale Morris is a beast, but DeRidder had perhaps his finest outing to date. We seem to hit a lot of iron when we play Notre Dame and that's frustrating. As was the late goal for ND, as was Lewandowski's overacting. On the other hand the way State came out and played in overtime showed they didn't let it get to them. Just couldn't put it home.

Hard earned point in the standings.
                          Last edited by owslachief; 01-27-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            Truly, one of the most intense hockey games I've ever seen live. It had everything, short of 3 goals. Cale Morris is a beast, but DeRidder had perhaps his finest outing to date. We seem to hit a lot of iron when we play Notre Dame and that's frustrating. As was the late goal for ND, as was Lewandowski's overacting. On the other hand the way State came out and played in overtime showed they didn't let it get to them. Just couldn't put it home.

Hard earned point in the standings.
                            I listened to most of the game on the radio and definitely felt we deserved better. So close. An absolute pity that D and goaltending are finally stellar and the offensive well goes dry. Those posts, man. We must have hit at least 10 against ND this season.

Well, onward to Wisconsin. They thumped us Madison but I think we’ll be better this time around. I am confident in this team’s ability to hang with anyone.

Comment

Ugh! Lost a recruit :-(

https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...97748344733696

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                                Ho boy, I was afraid it would be Afanasyev.

Nevertheless, disappointing. But we just have very little roster room opening up at D(also forward) so maybe he decided to go somewhere with more playing time daylight.

Comment

Working...
                                X