• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spartan Hockey 2018-2019 - Preparing for Glory

Mini-pack tickets are now available. Pick 6 or 8 Saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
      Keefer wouldn't have been on the top of my list of all the players to cut. And with only 26 players, I'm not sure there was any reason to make a cut, so one might assume this was a player decision. That having been said, there's no question Keefer fell out of favor between his frosh and soph seasons. It will be interesting to see where he lands. As I said, it's not a very deep roster with 26 players, so hopefully we don't have a lot of injuries. And with only 3 frosh, we can only hope Cole is saving his powder for a deep recruiting class for next season.
      Saw mention from the end of May on NMU's D2 club hockey FB page that Keefer may have transferred to NMU. Who knows if that's accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
        Saw mention from the end of May on NMU's D2 club hockey FB page that Keefer may have transferred to NMU. Who knows if that's accurate.
        Yes, that is where he is...

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2019-20/roster

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          https://***********/MSU_Hockey/statu...libGVfcmVjc18y

I'm LUVing this. Slater is a great addition to the staff and I think can make a big impact.
          https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department/c-309334348

D’oh! I guess we should have paid him.
          Last edited by Pirateasaur; 09-20-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
            Yes, that is where he is...

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2019-20/roster
            Well, won’t take long for a reunion with his old teammates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
              https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department/c-309334348

D’oh! I guess we should have paid him.
              This is in addition to working with MSU players. We haven’t lost him.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/09/20/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department-as-forward-prospects-mentor/

Comment

This is in addition to working with MSU players. We haven’t lost him.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/09/20/capitals-name-jim-slater-to-player-development-department-as-forward-prospects-mentor/
                Ah, good. I assumed he’d have to move to DC or Hershey.

Also, getting pretty annoyed with it not being college hockey season yet. Irks me daily at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                  Ah, good. I assumed he’d have to move to DC or Hershey.

Also, getting pretty annoyed with it not being college hockey season yet. Irks me daily at this point.
                  Well, if you're really curious about things to come, you can check out the USHL Fall Classic which stretches into this weekend. I've counted a dozen Spartan commits on various line charts thus far:

'01 D Michael Feenstra - Dubuque
                  '00 F Cam Knuble - Muskegon
                  '01 G Jonathan Williams - Muskegon
                  '02 D David Gucciardi - Muskegon
                  '02 D Matt Bagsall - Omaha
                  '00 F Cole Kodsi - Madison (Of course, I'm partial to him as a fellow Floridian)
                  '01 F Kristof Papp - Madison
                  '00 F Bradley Marek - Youngstown
                  '00 D Aiden Gallacher - Youngstown
                  '00 F Kyle Haskins - Waterloo
                  '02 F Carter Mazur - Tri City
                  '00 D Cal Dybicz - Tri City
                  Last edited by FLHockeyMom; 09-27-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                    Well, if you're really curious about things to come, you can check out the USHL Fall Classic which stretches into this weekend. I've counted a dozen Spartan commits on various line charts thus far:

'01 D Michael Feenstra - Dubuque
                    '00 F Cam Knuble - Muskegon
                    '01 G Jonathan Williams - Muskegon
                    '02 D David Gucciardi - Muskegon
                    '02 D Matt Bagsall - Omaha
                    '00 F Cole Kodsi - Madison (Of course, I'm partial to him as a fellow Floridian)
                    '01 F Kristof Papp - Madison
                    '00 F Bradley Marek - Youngstown
                    '00 D Aiden Gallacher - Youngstown
                    '00 F Kyle Haskins - Waterloo
                    '02 F Carter Mazur - Tri City
                    '00 D Cal Dybicz - Tri City
                    Ah nice. I think Papp is one to watch. Hopefully he doesn’t get stolen away by the Canadian leagues like Afanasyev.

Also, anyone know if there will be a green and white scrimmage? I haven’t heard anything.

Comment

Hockey media day was today and Cole mentioned a few nuggets i’m sure everyone was wondering about.

Müller will replace Hirose on the top line.

Another line will consist of Jagger Joshua, Josh Nodler and Sam Saliba, who will stay at wing.

Lethemon and DeRidder will continue to platoon the goalie position unless one of them outright takes it.

Cole expects the defense to be better moving the puck this year which will help put the offense in better position.

You can listen to the full interview at Spartan sports network. It’s in the “surround sound” section under the sports tab. Kinda tough to find.

Comment

Just to add a couple other points mentioned:

Green and White game today was Munnsters only due to construction.

Monday game against W Ontario is because an unnamed team scheduled for Saturday backed out and Western Ontario agreed to Monday.

Said moving Saliba back to the wing should make him more productive.

No mention of any Sophomores. I assume they will be the 4th line.

Comment

Just to add a couple other points mentioned:

Green and White game today was Munnsters only due to construction.

Monday game against W Ontario is because an unnamed team scheduled for Saturday backed out and Western Ontario agreed to Monday.

Said moving Saliba back to the wing should make him more productive.

No mention of any Sophomores. I assume they will be the 4th line.
                          Gotta assume Apap and Lambdin will be regulars. Cole also mentioned Brody Stevens so likely him to.

That leaves Mattson, Stachowiak, Goodsir, Esteves, Kamer, and Smith to fill out out the remaining forwards in a given night. I like Stachowiak. Goodsir was a regular last year and I think came on late in the season. I’d like Mattson to show some more. His size is appealing and i’m hoping he made big strides this summer. I am somewhat fond of Kamer and Smith and Esteves both have good speed. I imagine all of these players will be cycling in and out of the lineup each game.
                          Last edited by Pirateasaur; 10-02-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                            Gotta assume Apap and Lambdin will be regulars. Cole also mentioned Brody Stevens so likely him to.

That leaves Mattson, Stachowiak, Goodsir, Esteves, Kamer, and Smith to fill out out the remaining forwards in a given night. I like Stachowiak. Goodsir was a regular last year and I think came on late in the season. I’d like Mattson to show some more. His size is appealing and i’m hoping he made big strides this summer. I am somewhat fond of Kamer and Smith and Esteves both have good speed. I imagine all of these players will be cycling in and out of the lineup each game.
                            That’s pretty much how I see it. Apap, Lambdin, Stevens as 3rd line.
                            I see Goodsir centering the 4th. Stachiwiak will probably be a regular with 2 others dressing each night.
                            I don’t see either of the extra dmen dressing unless there is an injury to one of the top 6.

Comment

The home game against the Skunks is now listed as a TV game on BTN. The time is TBA, because in their infinite wisdom the Big Ten scheduled this game on the same day as the football game between the two schools.

Comment

Ah, the season’s first gameday is finally here! Dreams really do come true.

It’s usually hard to glean much useful info from the exhibitions but it’s always fun to get a live look at the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X