Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    No love for your Club Team? A friend of mine, Chris Caswell, plays on the team that’s why I’ve been following them.
    all the best to them!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• all the best this weekend. GO NU
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Go huskies!!!!!!!!
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Go huskies!!!!!!!!
          +1. Wish y'all were in Manch.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Go huskies!!!!!!!!
            Thanks. It's nice to get support from fellow HEA fans. But for a couple of bounces and inches, your guys might be still playing. They'll bounce back!

Cornell should be a real challenge. We haven't played them for since the 2011 NCAA disaster when Theisen gave up a softie with ~18 seconds left. He then joined the Penguins as they won the Stanley Cup. I can't remember the last time we beat them. We return with a stronger goalie to face a program that puts a quality team on the ice every year. They are coached by former (tough-as-nails) defenseman, hence the emphasis on a strong D.

In in the first game, I have to root for PC. Unfortunately, my Huskies have had all kinds of difficulty matching up with the Friars. Let's hope that we get the chance to get both monkeys packing.

Comment

I don't like thinking about future matchups in these situations, but I think I'd rather play Minn State than Providence. We just can't seem to beat them. Don't want to try now.

That said, I'm not exactly confident against Cornell. It'll be a tough game, and our offense tends to come and go. We'll have to rely on Cayden like we have all season. I am excited for the game though.

Comment

Took the afternoon off and picked up Reilly Walsh's grandfather and drove to Manchester to watch UMASS dismantle Harvard. 3rd generation playing in the NCAA tournament, although his dad and grandfather did it at BC. I am headed to Providence tomorrow, I think we will have our hands full, but I booked a room at the Biltmore anyway, if we lose I think I still will go to the early Sunday game. Get some food on Federal Hill. Hoping for a good outcome. I think if CP shows up like he has all season we win a close game. Safe travels to you all tomorrow. Cheers

Comment

What sections are yours?

Comment

Preview of Cornell http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...rnell-big-red/
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Good luck today. I think you guys have the tools to make it to Buffalo. I'll be rooting for you.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Thanks for the well-wishes. Much appreciated.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Facing a backup goalie today, now is your chance to win a tournament game

Comment

Tough first one to give up
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

After the initial Cornell surge and goal, thought NU was the better team. 2 PPs help that look, desperately needed to get one there. The looks are there- Davies, Hawkins, Solow, Schule, Pec all got good looks.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

This has quickly become tough to watch
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X