Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Didn't get to watch. Seeing the score, love it. Seeing the scorers, love it even more. Seeing the shots, don't love it but I imagine score effects played a role. Awesome stuff locking up #3 and a series against Maine, who in my preferred opponent of the possible teams.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Not the prettiest win in program history but Mission Accomplished! Suddenly feeling less frustrated about the Yukon and Mack losses since IMO they get a better draw finishing 3rd than they would have by finishing second. Now it's time to punch a ticket to another Garden Party.

Classy move by JM to insert Ryan Ruck for the last four minutes even though Primeau was pitching a shutout.
      Two years in a row Primeau has pitched a shutout on senior night and gotten pulled before he could play enough to get the credit in the box score. I hope these two instances don't come back to bite him in the record books
      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        you guys have swayman & without the pressures of home, will give us a good series.
        how good.. remains to be seen. you beat umass & providence last month.. no way we taking you lightly.

edit: and don't you have a gm tomorrow night, first? ..
        Nope, means nothing. Good team, good on ya old scout.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          Two years in a row Primeau has pitched a shutout on senior night and gotten pulled before he could play enough to get the credit in the box score. I hope these two instances don't come back to bite him in the record books

Well, his name is not Kyrie Irving so I'm pretty sure CP gets it that it's not all about him. Like the Bruins, this NU team seems to play as a team with players who play for each other. That has a lot to do with NU's finishing tied for second in league play and knocking on the door of another NCAA dance in what was supposed to be something of an off-year.

NU won a league championship with RR and I'm sure he made his share of contributions to the recent successes by taking lots of pucks in practice. So not going to begrudge him 4:02 of playing time in his last regular season game.
          Last edited by Split-N; 03-09-2019, 03:43 PM.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            Well, his name is not Kyrie Irving so I'm pretty sure CP understands that it's not all about him. Like the Bruins, this NU team seems to play as a team with players who play for each other..
            +1
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Maine putting a whacking on BU to deny BU home ice. They'll be primed and ready come Friday night...
              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                Maine putting a whacking on BU to deny BU home ice. They'll be primed and ready come Friday night...
                Whatever happened to the "Red Must Go" thread? And I'd expect to see a lot of blue in the Matthews seats. Not much to do in Maine in March.

Comment

Congratulations to NU Women's Hockey on their OT win in the Hockey East Championship game over BC this afternoon. Way to go!
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    Whatever happened to the "Red Must Go" thread? And I'd expect to see a lot of blue in the Matthews seats. Not much to do in Maine in March.
                    Reds days are numbered and its still a general sentiment.
                    Thinking about travelling there and catching saturdays game, would you expect a full house? Are students on break?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      Thinking about travelling there and catching saturdays game, would you expect a full house? Are students on break?
                      you should be able to walk up to the ticket window & get seats. i will not be surprised if this goes 3 gms. Maine, always tough competition. Hope my Huskies continue the grind.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        Students are back but that doesn't necessarily mean a sellout although with the women playing an NCAA first round game vs Cornell in the afternoon, hockey interest is high and some of the afternoon crowd might stay for NU-Maine. Even with that, I'd estimate that there will be plenty of seats available in the lower bowl. If you're driving, pay parking ($22 IIRC) is available in the garage directly adjacent to Matthews. Free parking is available in the Columbus Garage, which is about a 7-minute walk. The Columbus Garage is on Columbus Ave. directly across from the NUPD HQ (716 Columbus). (The PD is easy to spot because of the blue lantern-like lights at the front entrance.)
                        Last edited by Split-N; 03-11-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Congratulations to NU Women's Hockey on their OT win in the Hockey East Championship game over BC this afternoon. Way to go!
                          Saturday is the biggest day at Matthews in a loooong time. The women play to go to the Frozen Four and the men play in the HE playoffs (and maybe to go the Garden).

Pretty sure NU has the highest ranked cumaltive men's and women's hockey programs currently.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Students are back but that doesn't necessarily mean a sellout although with the women playing an NCAA first round game vs Cornell in the afternoon, hockey interest is high and some of the afternoon crowd might stay for NU-Maine. Even with that, I'd estimate that there will be plenty of seats available in the lower bowl. If you're driving, pay parking ($22 IIRC) is available in the garage directly adjacent to Matthews. Free parking is available in the Columbus Garage, which is about a 7-minute walk. The Columbus Garage is on Columbus Ave. directly across from the NUPD HQ (716 Columbus). (The PD is easy to spot because of the blue lantern-like lights at the front entrance.)
                            Thanks for the parking tip. On the sides which are better seats the lower bowl or upper section.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Thanks for the parking tip. On the sides which are better seats the lower bowl or upper section.
                              I'm partial to the upper deck but there is obstructions in any row if you are not front row. So if that's something you'd want to avoid being boxed into, lower bowl is your best bet. The opposing fans tend to sit in sections 27-29
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

we win the Beanpot (repeat)..

NU Women's Hockey wins the Hockey East Championship in OT, Sunday (repeat title)..

tonight, NU Men's Basketball wins conference & is going dancing, NCAA #MarchMadness

..been a good week, heck been a good month.. well, been a pretty good year actually

Win or lose, NU Men's Hockey up next. Leave it all out there!
                                Me liking this
                                GO HUSKIES
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X