Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Better effort tonight, but really we win because CP stood on his head again. That said, I will take the split and the 2PTS. We need to take care of UNH next weekend though still the 4th best season in program history. Man those Merrimack and CT losses really sting. Still onward and upward. Lets do some damage in the HE tourney!

Comment

• going into any playoffs, we got to get our powerplay figured out; especially against a strong forecheck.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
        Better effort tonight, but really we win because CP stood on his head again. That said, I will take the split and the 2PTS. We need to take care of UNH next weekend though still the 4th best season in program history. Man those Merrimack and CT losses really sting. Still onward and upward. Lets do some damage in the HE tourney!
        This! All of it. (Especially the part about the Mack and Yukon losses. If they had won those, we wouldn't still be wringing our hands about the PWR.) Third period last night was almost a replay of the third period against UNH a week ago.

Hats off to them for responding in the clutch. But you can bet that prospective HEA playoff opponents will be studying the video of NU's difficulties in countering an aggressive forecheck. Expect to see more of that.

BTW, NU still hanging in at #11 PWR. A Harvard loss and Cornell tie helped.
        Last edited by Split-N; 03-03-2019, 06:55 AM.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Kevin Roy back in the line up for Anaheim tonight, joining fellow Husky Josh Manson with the team. Thx to GoNU for that tidbit & best to him going forward.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Preview + senior night talk

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-seeding-talk/
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              second that on the seniors, thank you!
              great group, class act all. I do want to point out one in particular - Ryan Ruck for being a solid teammate, sportsman (on & off ice), & a **** good 'tender to boot getting us the 2016 Hockey East Championship with some incredible plays & saves along the way. Much as I remember Zach Aston Reese & Kevin Roy from that tourney, will always remember Ruck, Williams, et al. giving it their all, standing on their heads until the end. Thank you Schule, Griffin, Pecararo, Hawkins & Plevy. Looking forward to watching you guys in a few more gms in Husky unis this season (like 9 odd gms or so.. give or take) & thank you for being a special part of NU Hockey these past seasons.
              Leave it all out there. go team, Go Huskies!
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

PC beats BC, locking providence into the 2 seed. So if we get a point tomorrow night we are locked into the 3 seed and a date with Maine.
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Play for each other, Go Huskies!
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I'm assuming we looked better earlier in the game but I turned it on with about 4 minutes left on our power play in the 3rd and we look like garbage. It's kind of been like that lately. We look great for spurts and then garbage for spurts. Thanks for Primeau.

Comment

And just like that, a nice SH goal by Picking.

Comment

I watched on TV and I am not 100% certain we were the better team for 51% of the minutes. That said, CP was the better goalie 100% of the time and we got a shorty and O when we needed it! Good enough for 3rd place, I really didn't think they would win 23 games in the reg. season (the same # we won last year). Is CP the best goalie NU has ever seen? I think so, as this is shutout # 4 or #5 right? On to the tournament. We win a couple there and I think we lock up a NCAA bid next week!

Comment

Senior Night, done right.. thank you team!
                          They weren't perfect.. but they didn't have to be, tonight.

Go have some serious fun in the playoffs. Go NU
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Not the prettiest win in program history but Mission Accomplished! Suddenly feeling less frustrated about the Yukon and Mack losses since IMO they get a better draw finishing 3rd than they would have by finishing second. Now it's time to punch a ticket to another Garden Party.

Classy move by JM to insert Ryan Ruck for the last four minutes even though Primeau was pitching a shutout.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

You will play Maine. I bet you can gould us into penalties. Easy win. Terrible to listen.

Comment

you guys have swayman & without the pressures of home, will give us a good series.
                                how good.. remains to be seen. you beat umass & providence last month.. no way we taking you lightly.

edit: and don't you have a gm tomorrow night, first? ..
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X