Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Looks like it was changed to game misconduct. Not much of a penalty when you miss only the final 30 seconds of a sure loss but nonetheless Davies is able to play tonight.
    We don't know if the penalty was actually changed (highly unusual) or if the scorekeeper just entered it wrong. But that's irrelevant since the league office can still issue a suspension under the supplementary discipline rule.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

From what I have seen in the past it was probably just entered wrong. Davies is lucky though because he got his shot in and doesn't really have to suffer the consequences. I doubt the league suspends him tonight.

Comment

I doubt the league suspends him tonight.
        League gave him a one-game suspension.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

His suspension was inevitable the moment JD said he wasn't going to get one.

Comment

...I doubt the league suspends him tonight.
            Kiss of death!

Kind of ironic that the guy he clocked (Casey Fitzgerald (I think)) is a son of Tom Fitzgerald, AGM of the NHL team (NJ) that holds his draft rights. Should be worth a few more bucks come contract time. Sarcasm aside, I have absolutely zero problem with hockey being a physical and sometimes confrontational game. But the timing and circumstances of this confrontation smacks of selfishness and utterly blows my mind.

Comment

Is the player he hit OK?Is he playing tonight? If so then this is crazy move by the league

Comment

Eric Williams will break the program's all time games played record tonight. Methinks he'll be taking some big minutes tonight, along with Shea and Harris, to make up for Davies' absence
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                  Is the player he hit OK?Is he playing tonight? If so then this is crazy move by the league
                  The crazy part is changing it to game misconduct and then suspending him anyway but I am sure there is some procedural reason for it. But when you do something worthy of a game misconduct with 30 seconds left in a game, being suspended for the next game is the right call. Don't worry though, BC won't score more than one goal tonight.

Comment

Not sure but if it was a mistake, those are usually corrected quickly after the game. Still showing as a DQ. Didn't see what happened but at this point I would be surprised if it gets changed to a misconduct.
                    Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    We don't know if the penalty was actually changed (highly unusual) or if the scorekeeper just entered it wrong. But that's irrelevant since the league office can still issue a suspension under the supplementary discipline rule.
                    Statement from the league office via Twitter confirms that the DQ entry on the scoresheet was a scorer's error and there never was a DQ. Scoresheet was corrected and then the suspension was applied under supplementary discipline.

Comment

overall team playing with sense of urgency, though we still can't score enough or with consistency. Davies def is missed in the line up tonight.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

..and soon as i typed that, Schule with something going. gotta keep plugging away, BC can turn it on a dime.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

last time we had a 3g lead on the Eagles, they made it very interesting @ the garden. hoping Jordan Harris & co. (who have played excellently thus far tonight), can close it out. Also the man in net hasnt been too shabby thus far. Nice to see kids step up in the absence of Davies.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

...Don't worry though, BC won't score more than one goal tonight.
                            You were almost right

Comment

So if PC loses on Thursday, a tie or win gets us #2.
                              If PC ties on Thursday, a win gets us #2, and a tie gets us #3
                              If PC wins on Thursday, a tie or win gets us #3

If we lose, and UML and BU both win, then we go to #5. Anything else get us #3 or #4 with a loss.

Ideally we seed up to avoid PC and UMA for as long as possible in the HEA playoffs.

Comment

Seems like Maine is the most likely opponent...if PC beats BC at home and NU beats UNH at home, that's who it will be.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X