Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

There are a lot of delusional fanbases on this board, but ours trying to start Ryan Ruck might just take the cake.

Comment

No one is saying make Ruck the starter.. just rest CP a bit. If its good for an NHL goalie, its good for a college goalie. Also, it works (bit of time off, that is).
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I think you guys should totally start The Ruck
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
          I think you guys should totally start The Ruck
          This post brought to you by sarcasm
          Tully Rink Rat
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
            This post brought to you by sarcasm
            ..or reverse psychology. not that your team needs it this time around.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              ..or reverse psychology. not that your team needs it this time around.
              I'm expecting another a nailbiter game, like the last meeting at Matthews tbh. I feel like our defensemen and system game has improved a lot since our last meeting. Swoons come and go and NU has too much talent not to bust out of it at some point.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Ruck knows UML from the H.E Championship couple yrs back.. some of the players have changed but the style/ systems much the same. He has played teams strong over the break when Primeau was away. Primeau knows how to play under the big lights at the WJC, TD Garden, etc. Hopefully CP has rested some, still.. give him the wknd off.. have him start Monday. Give Ruck a shot tonight. Oh well, regardless with what the Coaches decide.. hope it works out for the Huskies with the GA & GF. A very confident Lowell tem coming in tonight. Hope we can solve them. It's gameday, Go NU!
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Just as Providence has proven to be Kryptonite to NU in recent years, NU has pretty much been the same to UML. Hoping that holds. In terms of starting goalie, I don't see RR getting a start so long as CP remains healthy. Just the way it is. And BTW, CP came across as poised and well-spoken when interviewed on the Bruins pre-game show on NESN last night.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• We are our own kryptonite at the moment.
                    Primeau played well, deserved better fate (just gotta manage some of those rebounds out front).
                    Wall for UML was outstanding as well. 2-1 gm with the ENG.. tough to beat a team three times in a row especially if scoring just 1 goal. Kudos to Lowell, they
                    have a healthy streak going.

Our nxt opponent is not having any problem scoring or being scoeed on. Hopefully whatever it is that ails the offense gets resolved in the near future. Was going to be that kind of yr, i know.
                    Last edited by northeastern; 02-01-2019, 09:52 PM.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I will say it...Umass is the only good team in hockey east...the rest is a bunch of pretenders from Northeastern, PC, BC, BU, and so on.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Honestly I am just so disheartened right now, it's unfortunate. But the team has been playing extremely sloppy for weeks now, and can't get out of their own way at times. Mistakes abound. Primeau has been solid-great, beyond that everyone has warts. I have no expectations anymore for Monday and just hope that Harvard keeps the BC streak alive and BU let all their goals out last night against UMass.

Agreed with Zlax, UMass is arguably the best team in the East (only rival would be QU) and hands down the best in HEA. Anyone who may suggest otherwise is kidding themselves.

But hey, the women's team is kicking ***** and they are going to be a lot of fun to watch these last two plus months.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

I keep hoping that what we've been seeing is just one of those scoring slumps that, sooner or later, seem to hit every team. But average GPG is now down to something like 1.5 in the New Year, which is virtually unimaginable. In hindsight, maybe we should have seen this coming when they struggled against bottom feeders during the Catamount Cup.

Still hoping they'll break out of it and Monday night wouldn't be too soon.

Comment

While tonight wasn't the end of the offensive drought we were looking for team to break out of (well, their goalie did stand on his head); i am hoping the win gives the guys something positive to take into final stretch of the season. If the team can get its groove back after tonight, (put the last 3-4 gms aside) & take something positive from today's outing, would be fun again watching them down the stretch.

On to UConn. Tonight's W makes the Pat's' parade tomorrow, a bit more sweeter for this fan. Go NU
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Fear and loathing on the bu thread.

Comment

as much as i liked Madden's head fake & shot in OT.. that stretch pass from Davies (great look), & Primeau's overall effort all night.. not to mention Schule & Pecararo -
                                way to leave it all out there.

CHN recap (both gms):

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...rn-Advance.php
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X