• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    tsk tsk tsk
    ha, chimes the loser from nowhere ville
    actually, decent season for us, tsk, thx
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Surprised Primeau is leaving. Usually you get a 3rd year like Demko, Woll, Oettinger.

Comment

If losing to Cornell wasn't bad enough, now comes news that Montreal robbed the cradle and signed Cayden Primeau to a pro contract.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Surprised Primeau is leaving. Usually you get a 3rd year like Demko, Woll, Oettinger.
          timing is everything with the young ones today.. his side prob felt they (he) developed enough at the coll level and can go help the Laval Rockets rest of this season.. (prob Montreal felt the same), then start his contract in full with the Habs nxt season. Just speculation on my part but sure looks like that what they are thinking.
          Thanks CP, all the best to you.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

So it sounds like CP is leaving, he has been the best goalie in NU history these past 2 years, I am surprised that he is leaving but such is college hockey today. He has been the backbone of the team and they got here because of him, but I will say that I am pretty upset with him. He completely **** the bed tonight, worst game he has played in years here. 3 very soft goals and you could probably say 4 very savable. As I am sitting there in the stands saying to myself that I cannot believe I will not be coming back tomorrow I think about how CP picked the worst time to have his worst game as a husky. Then to find out 15 minutes after the game that he has/will be signing and he is done, now it makes sense, he has by far hi worst game cause his head was in Montreal not here. He let the team down tonight, no other way to look at it, he carried them so many times throughout the season, but tonight he let them down, all because he wants to go play in the AHL.
            What else could it be, the first goal? How bad was that one? He makes the save in his sleep, it didn't beat him, it went through him. The warp around, that just being lazy, the 4th goal, does n';t control the rebound. You never see this out of him, his head was elsewhere and that sucks! Sucks for his teammates, sucks for all the fans. CP, you were the greatest goalie in NU history, NU name is on the beanpot the last 2 years cause of you, the HE championship trophy is here because of you, but tonight you **** the bed, and the reason for it sucks! If you just **** the bed cause it was just a bad night, that would be OK, everyone has a bad night, but that is not what happened. You need to take advantage of opportunities, and as Nu fans we know they do not come around all the time, tonight we lost one. It was lost of he wrong reasons.

Comment

Jeff Cox mentioned NU is supposedly bringing in grad transfer Craig Pantano so I guess there's your starter in goal next year? JM needs to get going on finding the next 2-3 year starter.

2018-2019 was a very, very good season for the Northeastern Huskies.

March 30th, 2019 was a very, very bad day for the Northeastern Huskies.

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get another crack in the NCAA's.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                So it sounds like CP is leaving, he has been the best goalie in NU history these past 2 years, I am surprised that he is leaving but such is college hockey today. He has been the backbone of the team and they got here because of him, but I will say that I am pretty upset with him. He completely **** the bed tonight, worst game he has played in years here. 3 very soft goals and you could probably say 4 very savable. As I am sitting there in the stands saying to myself that I cannot believe I will not be coming back tomorrow I think about how CP picked the worst time to have his worst game as a husky. Then to find out 15 minutes after the game that he has/will be signing and he is done, now it makes sense, he has by far hi worst game cause his head was in Montreal not here. He let the team down tonight, no other way to look at it, he carried them so many times throughout the season, but tonight he let them down, all because he wants to go play in the AHL.
                What else could it be, the first goal? How bad was that one? He makes the save in his sleep, it didn't beat him, it went through him. The warp around, that just being lazy, the 4th goal, does n';t control the rebound. You never see this out of him, his head was elsewhere and that sucks! Sucks for his teammates, sucks for all the fans. CP, you were the greatest goalie in NU history, NU name is on the beanpot the last 2 years cause of you, the HE championship trophy is here because of you, but tonight you **** the bed, and the reason for it sucks! If you just **** the bed cause it was just a bad night, that would be OK, everyone has a bad night, but that is not what happened. You need to take advantage of opportunities, and as Nu fans we know they do not come around all the time, tonight we lost one. It was lost of he wrong reasons.
                Primeau was absolute trash during the game at Providence this year with similar bad goals allowed on savable shots.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Primeau was absolute trash during the game at Providence this year with similar bad goals allowed on savable shots.
                  Trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Trash.
                    Yea this second goal was the one I remembered https://friars.com/news/2019/1/25/mens-ice-hockey-shorthanded-goals-propel-no-14-mens-hockey-to-4-1-win-over-no-8-northeastern.aspx
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Yea this second goal was the one I remembered https://friars.com/news/2019/1/25/mens-ice-hockey-shorthanded-goals-propel-no-14-mens-hockey-to-4-1-win-over-no-8-northeastern.aspx
                      Can’t be happy enough your team is playing tomorrow. Complete trash.

Comment

If he struggles when he plays @ the PBruins we'll really know the Providence flu is real for CP.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Anybody want four tickets for tomorrow? I'm the moron that bought Sunday tickets by accident when intending to buy Saturday, and now I obviously have no use for them nor the ability to re-sell through Ticketmaster. First to inbox me their Ticketmaster e-mail/account gets them transferred to their account tomorrow (assuming I get over my hangover early enough to get online and transfer them).

Such an awful way to end a season where the team exceeded expectations. The team obviously didn't show up, including Davies who was more concerned with carrying the puck rather than playing defense, and Primeau who was seeing dollar signs from his pending contract for most of the game rather than fulfill his commitment to the team.
                          On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Can’t be happy enough your team is playing tomorrow. Complete trash.
                            Exlax’s team is UHN.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              One last hurdle for you guys to get over. This one is a stunner.
                              Absolutely, couldn’t believe that was NU I was watching .

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                                ...CP picked the worst time to have his worst game as a husky...now it makes sense, he has by far his worst game cause his head was in Montreal not here...
                                I'm finding myself feeling very conflicted about CP's unexpected signing. On the one hand, I certainly don't want to begrudge the kid his shot at the show; on the other, there's a lot of cold truth in the above quote. The move obviously had a bad effect on the rest of the team. No other plausible explanation for the otherwise unexplainable listless and uninspired play.

One more reason to loath and despise the Montreal Canadiens.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X