Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Great game last night the guys have really gotten into the grove. We are heading up to UMass tonight hoping to see a lot of blue and gold in the stands and another great game.

Comment

Congrats on the big W!

Comment

Originally posted by Turk View Post
        Great game last night the guys have really gotten into the grove. We are heading up to UMass tonight hoping to see a lot of blue and gold in the stands and another great game.
        According to the UMass site the doors open at 6:00 pm for the 7:30 pm puck drop. They're expecting a big crowd. NESN-Plus also has the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          According to the UMass site the doors open at 6:00 pm for the 7:30 pm puck drop. They're expecting a big crowd. NESN-Plus also has the game.
          Big game for KP, tremendous pressure....to thrive over a long season, then into grueling post season and on to Frozen 4 2 very good goal keeps are key along with the 3+ lines of depth which they have....this is the best 8th place team a lot of teams that have not played Q yet are going to see . . . stay healthy, use that depth and great goal keeping is as good a recipe as you can ask for. Good luck tonight !!

Comment

Originally posted by Idrive13hr4QU View Post
            Unbelievable game atmosphere....definitely worth the 13 hour drive!

Geez...I thought our 2 1/2 hour trip from Long Island bad.

Great atmosphere last night. One of the funnest games I have attended since becoming a QU fan.

Comment

I'll take the split against #1 but that was a game we could have won. Even though we were outplayed most of the night, we hung in there. UMass capitalized on our mistakes and made us pay.

Hard to go into the break on a loss, but 14-3 is far better than anyone expected. I like our chances in the 2nd half as long as we keep playing the way we have.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                I'll take the split against #1 but that was a game we could have won. Even though we were outplayed most of the night, we hung in there. UMass capitalized on our mistakes and made us pay.

Hard to go into the break on a loss, but 14-3 is far better than anyone expected. I like our chances in the 2nd half as long as we keep playing the way we have.
                Don’t know that a loss is ever good, but with that many freshmen on the Squad, a sweep of No. 1 before a 3 week break might have caused a few swollen heads. This might make them work a little harder during break for the stretch run. I’m sure if someone told Rand he’d get to break with a 14-3 record, 6 shutouts and near the top of the ECAC, he would have said sign me up for that. Hopefully the bruises heal and Jermain returns after break.

Comment

Great game last night. Your boys are legit. I’m sure that’s not the last time we’ll see you before next season...
                  Sons of old Massachusetts,
                  Devoted daughters true,
                  Bay State, old Bay State,
                  We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                    This might make them work a little harder during break for the stretch run.
                    They should be doing that anyway...

I'll admit that last night stung a little bit personally. Not sure why, just did. This morning I look and see we're at 5 in the Pairwise. That's a great place to be midway through the season. Nothing at all to be ashamed of going forward.

The team has made this season fun so far and I'm sure they will continue to impress down the stretch.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Quinnipiac ends first half with 3-1 loss to #1 UMass

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-with-3-1.html
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                        Don’t know that a loss is ever good, but with that many freshmen on the Squad, a sweep of No. 1 before a 3 week break might have caused a few swollen heads. This might make them work a little harder during break for the stretch run. I’m sure if someone told Rand he’d get to break with a 14-3 record, 6 shutouts and near the top of the ECAC, he would have said sign me up for that. Hopefully the bruises heal and Jermain returns after break.
                        I don't believe a tough loss in December is a bad thing when you have 14 wins to counter. Almost say necessary. Good thing is they never gave up, no laying down...just battled to the end. As stated before, UMass is legit, and Carvel is a top tier coach. Not only will this start push the kiddos forward, its opened a lot of recruiting eyes around the jr leagues as well. Second half is important on several levels. Fun stuff!! Also, glad to be a newbie to the QU crowd, and plan on being here for some time....

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                          I do not recall seeing Nick Jermain as a Matthew Peca or Sammy Anas, but they could use some heat in their offense. Any thoughts on what we could expect if Nick returns?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                            I do not recall seeing Nick Jermain as a Matthew Peca or Sammy Anas, but they could use some heat in their offense. Any thoughts on what we could expect if Nick returns?
                            Nick brings a little more offensive prowess to the 3rd/4th line. Joe O'Connor is more of a true grinder even though he has a couple of goals. A healthy Jermain gives Rand a few more options to increase line depth. Of course there seems to be enough depth in the freshman class to do the job as well. Prior to getting hurt I thought Nick might be on the verge of making some big contributions to this team.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Nick brings a little more offensive prowess to the 3rd/4th line. Joe O'Connor is more of a true grinder even though he has a couple of goals. A healthy Jermain gives Rand a few more options to increase line depth. Of course there seems to be enough depth in the freshman class to do the job as well. Prior to getting hurt I thought Nick might be on the verge of making some big contributions to this team.
                              Nick isn’t a Peca or Anas, but a good puck handler and forecheck on the PK. Metsa, OC and Shiplo are DMen. But due to so many freshman, they are getting time as forwards. Nick, in my opinion adds depth, and leadership and probably a few goals. Plus, I’d just like to see that he’s OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                                Nick isn’t a Peca or Anas, but a good puck handler and forecheck on the PK. Metsa, OC and Shiplo are DMen. But due to so many freshman, they are getting time as forwards. Nick, in my opinion adds depth, and leadership and probably a few goals. Plus, I’d just like to see that he’s OK.
                                Shiplo hasn't played forward at all this season. Hes been a staple on the blue line this year.
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/