Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Yale only has cameras above the net for Refs only goal reviews as far as I know. Would like to see that view, but have never seen it released publicly in the past. As to the other point I apologised for the second hand info I mistakenly reported on the ambulance on this thread. Crickets from ECAC, lets see what happens.

Yale played a cheap, dirty game and not chippy. I am not saying Welsh deserved to be kicked but that act was the best chance Yale had of ruining Quinnipiac's chance to advance. Joe Snively deserves a better team to play with than Sweezy, Kemp and dopey Walsh.

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

I finally saw "the kick" and I was very surprised. I've seen big, kicking a fifty yard field goal attempt kicks in hockey only twice in my life. To me, Priskie's kick was like a half kick, more of a pushing against his midsection, that kick caused no injury to the fallen player. Just my two cents, not anywhere as bad as I thought it would be.

Must be the ECAC thinks the same as no suspension has been made as of now, Tues am. I think they're having a hard time deciding what it will be.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        I finally saw "the kick" and I was very surprised. I've seen big, kicking a fifty yard field goal attempt kicks in hockey only twice in my life. To me, Priskie's kick was like a half kick, more of a pushing against his midsection, that kick caused no injury to the fallen player. Just my two cents, not anywhere as bad as I thought it would be.

Must be the ECAC thinks the same as no suspension has been made as of now, Tues am. I think they're having a hard time deciding what it will be.
        Also nothing on the fighting DQ's but not sure if we would hear anything on those.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post

Steve, after watching it numerous times myself I have to agree with your assessment. I can't say he didn't kick, the the motion of his foot is minimal at best, and is to the midsection not the face/head area where the kid was hurt. I still maintain he was injured when he initially hit the ice prior to the kick.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            I think the ECAC will suspend him for the first series.
            I do not know why you would think that. After watching the video several times, I fail to find evidence that the "kick" made contact with the head ... torso maybe, but head no. Therefore, as others have stated, the injury to the player is real, however, the cause was not due to being kicked. I happen to feel the one game DQ will be sufficient.
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              i was curious about the timing and found that their press releases typically follow the format 'league issues suspension - ecac hockey' - most are issued 1-4 days after the game in question, so i wouldnt say priskie is out of the woods yet until later tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
                i was curious about the timing and found that their press releases typically follow the format 'league issues suspension - ecac hockey' - most are issued 1-4 days after the game in question, so i wouldnt say priskie is out of the woods yet until later tomorrow.
                Chip Malafronte wrote this dated 3/4:

Sources told Hearst Media Connecticut the ECAC is currently reviewing the play, with a ruling expected later this week.
                https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...d-13662588.php
                Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 03-05-2019, 01:17 PM.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Chip Malafronte wrote this dated 3/4:

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...d-13662588.php
                  Since Shiplo and Walsh also got DQs, and Yale plays this weekend, I’d think the ECAC rulings would come soon. I know they were for fighting but league might/should consider the run Walsh took at shorty as well. IMHO

Comment

At most, I can see an extra game added on - not that I agree with that! I think the DQ is suffice.
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                      At most, I can see an extra game added on - not that I agree with that! I think the DQ is suffice.
                      Some disagreement with that assessment around the world of college hockey..

A good point made. " Whether or not Priskie's kick injured Welsh doesn't change that Priskie kicked him. Basing punishment on outcomes excuses dangerous plays that don't result in injury when they're just as harmful to the game and could've just as easily injured a player. The degree to which others have tried to excuse the kick or minimize the action demonstrates the biggest problem with supplemental discipline at every advanced level of hockey. Punishing the injury outcome instead of the action lets plyers avoid punishment for blatantly dangerous plays."

Check the article out on CHN if you haven't already read it.
                      Last edited by CLKHockey; 03-06-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

From the video I've seen I personally think people are overreacting. He didn't stomp on a guy with a skate blade. Yes, there is a kicking motion which of course is dangerous because of the fact a blade is involved. But the actual amount of contact made in this case really isn't all that much. Just as an example, the hit the ASU kid put on the Gopher...to me that hit was much, much worse than this incident.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          From the video I've seen I personally think people are overreacting. He didn't stomp on a guy with a skate blade. Yes, there is a kicking motion which of course is dangerous because of the fact a blade is involved. But the actual amount of contact made in this case really isn't all that much. Just as an example, the hit the ASU kid put on the Gopher...to me that hit was much, much worse than this incident.
                          I totally agree with you. I think the DQ and a one game suspension that comes with it should be enough but if its two I won't cry about it.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            The hit is at least a hockey move.. kicking someone who is on the ground while wearing a skate is not a hockey move. The hit was very hard and high but those things happen. (I am not saying the kid accidentally hit him high, he may have done it on purpose, his intentions will never be known)..but you don't accidentally kick someone with your skate. The intention was there. He made a deliberate choice to do that, and I'm sure he regrets it.

However, I don't think any further punishment will be levied, it would have been done by now I think.

Comment

one extra (2 total) according to CHN

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ss-2-Games.php

Comment

Two games is what I thought he would and it is what he did get. Anything more would have been excessive in my mind.
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/