No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbreaking loss... kids played hard. Brown tough team since break and Marchin talented. Without Priske leadership and loss of Fortunato D had big shoes to fill this weekend. Never expected 3rd period 4 goals.
    Still have faith and believe Coaching staff will get them ready for NCAAs.

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Kudos to Brown. They never quit and wanted it more.

At least we're going to the big dance so there's still hockey to be played.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Very disappointing weekend at the wrong time. That third period was the worst of the season.

Still need to give credit to this program: Not only is this the first time we've lost a home ECAC Tournament series, it's the first time we've failed to win a playoff series since joining the ECAC. Remarkable streak to hold on to for as long as we did.

I really don't like the idea of playing two games in 25 days on the way to the NCAA Tournament, but that's the situation. Hopefully Rand will have the boys ready to roll when we get to the dance.

Comment

Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-3 Game 2 loss to Brown

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_17.html
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

You guys will be fine once Priskie gets back in the next game at the "Dance"! It just goes to show you just how good of a player Priskie is and his impact on your team. Just go back a couple of years with Toews, Anas, St Denis, Garteig, etc as top end players.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
              You guys will be fine once Priskie gets back in the next game at the "Dance"! It just goes to show you just how good of a player Priskie is and his impact on your team. Just go back a couple of years with Toews, Anas, St Denis, Garteig, etc as top end players.
              I guess I will chime in now about the Priskie incident! I purposely held off because it got too heated and I thought it would be unfair for Priskie, not to say he's not accountable. Yes, he delivered a little toe boot which intent proved far larger than outcome but nonetheless inexcusable. Two games was more than fair. From the outside, Priskie is NOT that type of player and wishing him nothing but the best moving forward as he finished his illustrious collegiate career and moves on to the Show.

Comment

Diliberatore & Bongiovanni named to ECAC All-League Rookie Team

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...d-to-ecac.html
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Two games in twenty six days will be interesting, they might be rusty, but they might be very hungry to play again !! Let's them get healthy though, probably the time off will be helpful. Rooting for you guys btw.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Two games in twenty six days will be interesting, they might be rusty, but they might be very hungry to play again !! Let's them get healthy though, probably the time off will be helpful. Rooting for you guys btw.
                    Same here I am rooting for them all the way. This last weekend was for the most part embarrassing as Brown was clearly the better team. I hope they can pull it together and at least make it to the frozen 4. Worst case scenario I hope they at make a decent showing in the preliminary rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Turk View Post
                      Same here I am rooting for them all the way. This last weekend was for the most part embarrassing as Brown was clearly the better team. I hope they can pull it together and at least make it to the frozen 4. Worst case scenario I hope they at make a decent showing in the preliminary rounds.
                      Brown was clearly the better team ?? Honestly ?
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Good luck to Q in the NC$$. Hopefully we can all make Buffalo an ECAC after-party.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ok to be honest both teams did not play well but yes Brown was the better team. QU had a good first period of the second game and a very good second period but fell apart in the 3rd. Our guys have had a hard time all year with teams that have an aggressive forecheck and this weekend was no exception. Friday our offence went on vacation trying cover for our D and our passing was in slow motion there was no snap to the passes and on more than one occasion I saw the puck go past our D to then have them look at each other as if saying you want me to get that. I'll call it as I see it Brown deserved to win. I expect better things at the NCAA tournament we have to much talent they just need to pull it together

Comment

This was probably true on Friday – we outshot QU by 14 (though shots were even heading into the third). Saturday was more even overall, but each team completely dominated a different stretch of the game.

Q was clearly missing its best player; no doubt about it. But Brown did well to outskate them for significant stretches of time in each game. We were more opportunistic, certainly. Don’t know if that means we were “better.”

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                              This was probably true on Friday – we outshot QU by 14 (though shots were even heading into the third). Saturday was more even overall, but each team completely dominated a different stretch of the game.

Q was clearly missing its best player; no doubt about it. But Brown did well to outskate them for significant stretches of time in each game. We were more opportunistic, certainly. Don’t know if that means we were “better.”
                              Simple and no excuses, Quinnipiac lost to Brown 3 out of 4 games this season. Turk, I hold reservations based on where they play and who they line up against. Like to see Odeen get to play his game, he will benefit from the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                                Simple and no excuses, Quinnipiac lost to Brown 3 out of 4 games this season. Turk, I hold reservations based on where they play and who they line up against. Like to see Odeen get to play his game, he will benefit from the rest.
                                If the current bracket is this week's we could see several more weeks of hockey! No matter what happens, I do believe there will be at least 2 more games. This team is very good, and has had some time to reflect; learn some things about themselves and likely to even fill in Brandon's role with someone . . . still not 100% replacement no matter who or how it is...just need to keep the top 3 on the ice and out of the box...in fact, this team needs to stay out and with some luck, we should see the real Odeen with his full team back....

14 Providence vs. 4 Minnesota Duluth
                                10 Arizona State vs. 5 Quinnipiac

Comment

Working...
                                X