This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Ginsburg isn't too big of a surprise. She and Thomas jointly called for a review of SCOTUS precedent on double jeopardy not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Ginsburg isn't too big of a surprise. She and Thomas jointly called for a review of SCOTUS precedent on double jeopardy not too long ago.
      There is a decent argument to be made in that regard. It appears to have been voted on the law for the most part and was just another case. Nice to see a 7-2 decision once in a while.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        There is a decent argument to be made in that regard. It appears to have been voted on the law for the most part and was just another case. Nice to see a 7-2 decision once in a while.
        Surely the stats are out there somewhere, but I doubt 7-2 decisions are as rare as you think. Here's a look at just 5-4 vs. Unanimous decisions. There are far more unanimous decisions than 5-4 decisions, even today in this "horribly divided" era.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          Surely the stats are out there somewhere, but I doubt 7-2 decisions are as rare as you think. Here's a look at just 5-4 vs. Unanimous decisions. There are far more unanimous decisions than 5-4 decisions, even today in this "horribly divided" era.
          That's a fascinating article. THanks for posting it.

Edit: Whoa... I don't know the number of cases they're using, but that solid black line between Roberts and O'Connor caught my eye.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

More judicial oddity.
            https://www.dailywire.com/news/48490...you-ashe-schow

SCOTUS tells VA GOP to bugger off. Doesn't decide on the merits of whether racial gerrymandering is constitutional. Nice punt dick heads. Then again, this might be a negotiated result because Thomas and his lapdog sided with the liberals. So who knows. Maybe the only way they got Thomas was to rule on standing alone.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              More judicial oddity.
              https://www.dailywire.com/news/48490...you-ashe-schow

SCOTUS tells VA GOP to bugger off. Doesn't decide on the merits of whether racial gerrymandering is constitutional. Nice punt dick heads. Then again, this might be a negotiated result because Thomas and his lapdog sided with the liberals. So who knows. Maybe the only way they got Thomas was to rule on standing alone.
              Strange 5-4:

Ginsburg, Thomas, Sotomayor, Kagan, Gorsuch > Alito, Roberts, Breyer, Kavanaugh

It's almost everybody vs white males but Gorsuch tasted the rainbow
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

SCOTUS got the Fuct trademark case 100% rifgt
                Code:

Comment

This is all very strange news. I'm fairly certain I read on an internet message board somewhere that the confirmation of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh meant the end times were here.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    This is all very strange news. I'm fairly certain I read on an internet message board somewhere that the confirmation of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh meant the end times were here.
                    I know, right? You steal one judge and raise a rapist drunk as another and people doubt your integrity. So unfair.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      The 2 biggest ones are yet to come. The census question could be this century's Dred Scott, and the partisan gerrymandered cases could ratify the GOP's legislative cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I know, right? You steal one judge and raise a rapist drunk as another and people doubt your integrity. So unfair.
                        Hey, the appointment of judges is a political process. You don't want to roll around in the mud and get your knuckles bloody, don't complain to me.

But don't worry. I'm sure next time will finally be the time where people buy the story that the confirmation of judge "x" means the end of the world. I mean they have to buy the claim sooner or later, amiright?
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          The 2 biggest ones are yet to come. The census question could be this century's Dred Scott, and the partisan gerrymandered cases could ratify the GOP's legislative cheating.
                          Yeah, I agree. Let's wait and see. If the two big ones go the wrong way we'll have our answer.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Hey, the appointment of judges is a political process. You don't want to roll around in the mud and get your knuckles bloody, don't complain to me.
                            Remember this when we add 4.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Remember this when we add 4.
                              100% this. You're fine with congressmen playing games with the Supreme Court? Then I don't want to hear a word when congressmen play games with the Supreme Court.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                I read something online yesterday that said Ginsburg, Alito, and Roberts have opinions remaining. Ginsburg is usually ahead of schedule on writing her opinions. The fact that she’s so behind might mean she’s waiting for lengthy dissents. Which could mean she’s writing a census or gerrymandering opinion and Thomas or Alito are frothing at the mouth.

Roberts will likely write 8 this session. He might also pick up whichever one Ginsburg isn’t writing if she got one of the two big ones. He has sometimes in the past stepped in and flipped sides to show the court isn’t completely partisan hackery.

I need to find the post. Had a lot of good points.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X