X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Roberts is the Chief Justice, acutely aware that history will remember this period as the "Roberts Court".
    He'll be remembered more for Citizens United than anything else. And history will not be kind to that decision.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      He'll be remembered more for Citizens United than anything else. And history will not be kind to that decision.
      I'd say more the PPACA.

However, I do have to laugh about the whining I'm hearing from some of the pundits on the right about Roberts. Congress can make whatever law they want about importation now that it's after 1808, along with rules of naturalization. It's like they're expecting Roberts to be an activist judge.

Comment

@nbcwashington: Just In: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years today as she recovers from cancer surgery http://nbc4dc.com/Lwa3rfA
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          @nbcwashington: Just In: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years today as she recovers from cancer surgery http://nbc4dc.com/Lwa3rfA
          It would serve liberals right if Trump got to replace Ginsburg and got a third appointment.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Citizens United and McCutcheon will be remembered alongside Lochner as laughable abuse of Constitutional protections. Roberts will be remembered alongside Rufus W. Peckham as a shameless political hack.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              It would serve liberals right if Trump got to replace Ginsburg and got a third appointment.
              You sound gleeful.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                You sound gleeful.
                Spent most of my life watching Republicans win while "liberals" voted for anyone but the Democratic nominee. All started when I was 12. I'll be long gone off this Earth before any of that is corrected.

Comment

Coming soon to a SCOTUS near you.

A federal judge on Tuesday blocked the Trump administration’s plan to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, with an opinion that found the move by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross violated the Administrative Procedure Act.

Furman’s decision, if not overturned by a higher court, is a monumental victory for voting rights activists and immigrant advocates, who feared the question would spook immigrant participation in the census. An undercount of those populations would shift political representation and governmental resources away from those communities, in favor of less diverse, less urban parts of the country. Furthermore, there were strong hints that the citizenship data procured would then be used to exclude non-citizenships from redistricting — a long-sought goal of conservatives that would boost Republicans’ electoral advantages.
                  Hard to imagine the Court passing up the opportunity to hand Republicans this even more vicious voter suppression and gerrymandering tool. I guess our hopes reside in Roberts having a scintilla of respect for his legacy.

uno, tell me I should be more optimistic. Please.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Coming soon to a SCOTUS near you.

Hard to imagine the Court passing up the opportunity to hand Republicans this even more vicious voter suppression and gerrymandering tool. I guess our hopes reside in Roberts having a scintilla of respect for his legacy.

uno, tell me I should be more optimistic. Please.
                    Does this have time to get to the SCOTUS for a ruling before the counting begins? Seems you would need clarity on what the rules are pretty quickly in time for next year.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

so what is the over-under of Ginzberg kicking the bucket in the next year and a half?

Comment

six feet
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          six feet
                          Quite possibly the best response in USCHO History.
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

It might be. Holy crap that was funny.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So, Trump has his transgender military ban.

I knew this was coming. No real justification, no real reasons... this was just to make Evangelicals happy.

I'm told this is temporary because the lower courts need to work through it...

But hey, as this administration has repeatedly shown... our lives don't matter.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Waah we didn’t get our way, fast track us, Brett.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2a1_story.html

Comment

Working...
                                X