This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Cause, if it's filed like this it goes in the Judicial Record and sticks it right up Roberts ***. That's why.
    So basically, to own the knucks. *shrug*

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      My favorite part is to reinforce their argument they quoted his own dissent in Obergefell.

It matters to this extent: Roberts, like Scalia, likes to kid himself that he's not a stooge. This demonstrates to the world that we're not buying it. Everybody knows Kavanaugh, Thomas, and Alito are jokes, but Roberts and Gorsuch think of themselves as real jurists. To be called on their bullsh-t so publicly has to sting.
      Congrats...want a cookie?

This means nothing, it says nothing, and 90% of the country (99% of the world) has no idea it even happened. It is just another way for the Left to pat themselves on the back after already losing. Reminds of the good ole days around here when the Red Sux fans would see the Yankees win the WS but talk about how they lead the division for more days. Woohoo...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Yes. It doesnt even really do that though because "owning the Libs" at least riles up the Libs. Roberts probably rolled his eyes and laughed as he ignored it. But boy is the Left proud of themselves THEY REALLY SHOWED HIM!!!

This ranks up there with getting Trump's taxes. It is pointless and has zero teeth to fix anything.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Yes. It doesnt even really do that though because "owning the Libs" at least riles up the Libs. Roberts probably rolled his eyes and laughed as he ignored it. But boy is the Left proud of themselves THEY REALLY SHOWED HIM!!!

This ranks up there with getting Trump's taxes. It is pointless and has zero teeth to fix anything.
          This is exactly what I was thinking.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Owning the libs doesn't always rile the libs. It usually implies either dumb sh*t knucks say and do because they think it pi55es us off (while we just laugh at them) , or stuff that actually does pi55 off the libs and that they will eventually regret when demographics finally catch up to them and we're back in power. Like asking for a cheeseburger at an Indian restaurant, or "rollin' coal" in your F350. Or confirming rabidly partisan and self-disqualifying SCOTUS Justices, and nuking the Senate filibuster.

Comment

Libs can't help themselves they always get riled up...that is the sole reason they are on Twitter. Libs thrive on being outraged.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Roberts is worried about how he looks in the history books. The Dems don't care. Own who? Sorry, if you can't put anything on the record and do it the right way and still get Handy's want a cookie remark then you may as well not do anything. Perfect for the Dems cause they rock at that. Meanwhile the knucks ALWAYS do something. ALWAYS.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Libs can't help themselves they always get riled up...that is the sole reason they are on Twitter. Libs thrive on being outraged.
                  You must have been asleep through the tea party. The Right OWNS the outrage meter. Libs are tame by comparison.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Roberts is worried about how he looks in the history books. The Dems don't care. Own who? Sorry, if you can't put anything on the record and do it the right way and still get Handy's want a cookie remark then you may as well not do anything. Perfect for the Dems cause they rock at that. Meanwhile the knucks ALWAYS do something. ALWAYS.
                    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/uber/id368677368
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So what has changed? Other than saying "we put it on the record" how has anything been affected? It hasnt. This is a bunch of people pretending they did something important when they did nothing.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You must have been asleep through the tea party. The Right OWNS the outrage meter. Libs are tame by comparison.
                        They were like that but pretending the Left doesnt own it now is pure lunacy. The Left eat their own with their outrage. Christ Sarah Silverman just had a movie shot down at the last second because of a skit she did 12 years where she wore blackface. (a skit ABOUT racism and one she has denounced) The Social Justice Warriors on the Left look for any reason to destroy anyone...even the people who fight next to them and support them.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It will be interesting to see if this Minnesota case make it to the Supreme Court. A high school basketball coach had his defamation case against some parents reinstated, apparently because the Court concluded he wasn't a "public official." It would seem to me a close question as to whether a basketball coach is a "public figure."

https://www.startribune.com/minnesot...hes/559406292/
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So I'm torn on something. I recently received a group request to sign a letter of support for a federal judicial nominee. He's definitely qualified and we've always been on personally friendly terms as acquaintances. My problem is who he's being nominated by (Trump) and who he has worked for (Trump, and not in a merit-based, deep state type of position but a political one).

I honestly think the latter prevents me from supporting his nomination, but I don't feel good about it. Should one act really disqualify 15 previous years of accomplishments? I guess it does, at least for me.
                            Last edited by unofan; 09-05-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Is the person going to make the world a better or worse place in your personal and professional opinion? Because this person is “not good” or because they’re directed to do “not good” things and will be successful?

Is not writing the letter going to jeopardize that relationship? Can you potentially explain why you don’t want to write it?

I wouldn’t write the letter, because I don’t believe my personal friendships aren’t more important than climate change, abortion rights, or several other potentially widely damaging topics. I would hope that my friend would understand and compartmentalize the two things, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Similarly, should one act by you (writing the letter) really disqualify 15 years of friendship?
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Is the person going to make the world a better or worse place in your personal and professional opinion? Because this person is “not good” or because they’re directed to do “not good” things and will be successful?

Is not writing the letter going to jeopardize that relationship? Can you potentially explain why you don’t want to write it?

I wouldn’t write the letter, because I don’t believe my personal friendships aren’t more important than climate change, abortion rights, or several other potentially widely damaging topics. I would hope that my friend would understand and compartmentalize the two things, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Similarly, should one act by you (writing the letter) really disqualify 15 years of friendship?
                                I'm not worried about the friendship, since we're acquaintances at best. And I doubt he even knows this request was made on his behalf. It's more that I know if he were being appointed by, and worked for, President Generic Republican (say President Romney) I'd have no qualms, but because he voluntarily worked for this president, I do. That's what's giving me pause.

Comment

Working...
                                X