Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I can dream of an ideal NHL:
    Moscow
    Their ice rink doesn't meet the NHL standard, and only seats 250 people, but they are raising funds for a new building and I'm intrigued how this would play out in your NHL alignment, so I'll allow it.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I can dream of an ideal NHL:

Boston
      Buffalo
      Chicago
      Denver
      Detroit
      Minneapolis
      Moscow
      New York
      Philadelphia
      Pittsburgh

Calgary
      Montreal
      Ottawa
      Quebec City
      Regina
      Saskatoon
      Stockholm
      Toronto
      Vancouver
      Winnipeg
      Your dreams are bad and you should feel bad.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        They'll have better odds if they sell Colorado to Quebec City. And Phoenix to Hamilton. And Dallas to Mississauga. And Columbus to Brampton. And...
        Oh FFS, don't be one of those people

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Oh FFS, don't be one of those people
          Thus:
          Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

They'll have better odds if they sell Colorado to Quebec City. And Phoenix to Hamilton. And Dallas to Mississauga. And Columbus to Brampton. And...
            Oh good...a hockey snob...
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Comment

Can the Lumberpuppies be sold to the NHL? They can put them in Canada somewhere. Regina, Thunder Bay, Whitehorse...
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Suomi 5
                  Tre Kroner 4 F-OT

Skoda 5
                  Krupp 1 F
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If we make a rule that teams must not have attendance below 80% for five years or they're relocated, then Carolina would be moving.

Arizona just makes the cut, getting over the hump this year at 80.1%. Of course, teams would mess with their numbers if there was a cut-off, so it's not a great rule.

It gets more fun if you make the cutoff 85% or shrink it to three years. Now Arizona is gone, and Florida and NYI are a year from relocation. Though I guess NYI gets a reprieve due to playing in a place they don't want to be that also doesn't want them.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Though I guess NYI gets a reprieve due to playing in a place they don't want to be that also doesn't want them.
                      You mean Earth?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        If we make a rule that teams must not have attendance below 80% for five years or they're relocated, then Carolina would be moving.

Arizona just makes the cut, getting over the hump this year at 80.1%. Of course, teams would mess with their numbers if there was a cut-off, so it's not a great rule.

It gets more fun if you make the cutoff 85% or shrink it to three years. Now Arizona is gone, and Florida and NYI are a year from relocation. Though I guess NYI gets a reprieve due to playing in a place they don't want to be that also doesn't want them.
                        Detroit would probably have to fark with our numbers this year. I went to enough games to see the errm..."lightly attended" upper deck at the Pizza Box.

Comment

Detroit would probably have to fark with our numbers this year. I went to enough games to see the errm..."lightly attended" upper deck at the Pizza Box.
                          I thought the bowl was empty because during games there is so much to see on the new concourse and so many great restaurants in the arena...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Still had 98% attendance according to ESPN. I could see that for the lower bowl with a bunch of corporate accounts buying the good seats in season ticket packages, but there’s no way those upper decks were getting nearly sold out each game.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              I thought the bowl was empty because during games there is so much to see on the new concourse and so many great restaurants in the arena...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Though the concessions are noticeably better than the JLA...

Comment

How funny would it be if the Raptors win a NBA title before Canadian hockey wins a Stanley Cup?
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X