Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I disagree. I actually thought Vegas handled the call a lot better than most teams would have. San Jose just played with energy and passion that they usually don't show (hence their pathetic playoff history). Can't really fault Fleury on most of the goals during the power play since SJ did a great job of getting bodies in front of him.

Once the power play was over, Vegas came back and dominated play during regulation, which showed me that they really didn't let the bad call affect them.

It's unfortunate that a game seven has to be affected in that way. It's kind of why I like the college rule of reviewing major penalties, although honestly that rule needs to be tweaked a bit as well. In real time it looked like the Pavelski play was bad, but on replay you saw what it was, no more than a two minute cross check and a guy who landed awkwardly.

But give SJ credit. They took advantage of the chance they were given.
    Again, look at the nominal results of major penalties.

Normally, they don't score, so even getting one is above average. So allowing for SJ's better play getting them 2 would make sense.

But SJ matched the record number of goals during a major. To conclude that is 100% SJ, I think, is not valid. And seeing the post game reaction tells me that the team was bothered by the call.

Sure, they managed to reconstruct their play after the penalty, and tied it up. But I still contend that they let the ref get under their skin, which had them under perform at the same time that SJ was over performing. Result was a record tying amount of goals during a major penalty.

Comment

The call was awful and basically swung what was a Vegas win if they just sat on cruise control for another 7 minutes to them having to mount a comeback to get to sudden death OT. Vegas could've won it even with the call but they shouldn't have had to, that's the point.

How the refs call that is beyond me, they basically let Pavelski lay there on the ice for 30 seconds until they blew the whistle at which point it was obvious they never saw what happened. Then they just guessed and threw someone in the box for 5 mins.

Comment

Golden Knights? Tossed into the moat.

Comment

Vegas fans have now been invited to the real Stanley Cup Playoffs after a dream first season. Mike Babcock might be the most overrated coach right now. Vegas put 6 forwards out in the last minute trying to tie it. Toronto played Matthews and Tavares like a regular season game.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Vegas fans have now been invited to the real Stanley Cup Playoffs after a dream first season. Mike Babcock might be the most overrated coach right now. Vegas put 6 forwards out in the last minute trying to tie it. Toronto played Matthews and Tavares like a regular season game.
            By the same token, I don't think Babs is the problem in Toronto. With their D and goaltending, they never deserved to go very far to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              By the same token, I don't think Babs is the problem in Toronto. With their D and goaltending, they never deserved to go very far to begin with.
              I only saw Babcock up close in Juniors but he's the best coach I've seen since Bowman.

I'm starting to believe Trotz is up there, too. A couple more rounds and I'll believe.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Canes already praying for a 5 minute major to help turn this around.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Ovechkin is unreal, 3 Carolina guys faked out of their jocks
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Extra Time in DC.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So nice to see that the "black-and-white, always called" puck over the glass penalty was not called on the Capitals...
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Honestly, I'm glad. It is a terrible call more than half the time.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          So nice to see that the "black-and-white, always called" puck over the glass penalty was not called on the Capitals...
                          It was close, like the shot in from slightly behind the center red that's deemed OK because the follow thru went over the line.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Lol
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Honestly, I'm glad. It is a terrible call more than half the time.
                              UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH I hate this call.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

All four division champs are out

Comment

Working...
                                X