Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2018-19 Part 1 - No power outage in Toronto this year!!

It'll stand. The Divealanche have figured out Calgary's top line, and Grandpa Smith hasn't been able to keep it close tonight.

Comment

Well, as soon as I typed that, it went to 5-1, so...
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Flames? Extinguished
        The top teams with 112 wins combined only collectively won a single game in the playoffs. The third best team isn't playing like it, and a game 6 exit is possible. Honestly this is why I like this sport more than any of the others - you can't predict who is going to show up. As for my NHL brackets...only one has picked 2/3s of these outcomes with the bruins advancing. I don't see the bruins advancing after their play in game 5 though.
        "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

• Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
          I don't see the bruins advancing after their play in game 5 though.
          Since you can’t predict, b’s are a lock ;p
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
            The top teams with 112 wins combined only collectively won a single game in the playoffs. The third best team isn't playing like it, and a game 6 exit is possible. Honestly this is why I like this sport more than any of the others - you can't predict who is going to show up. As for my NHL brackets...only one has picked 2/3s of these outcomes with the bruins advancing. I don't see the bruins advancing after their play in game 5 though.
            Looks like the Isles were wise not to win their division.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Jets? Flamed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Flames? Extinguished
                Good. They ended the Wild's season
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

OT2 in Vegas. I have Karlsson with the OTGWG in the challenge.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sure hope this ends soon. Missing the mixed doubles curling championship.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Hertl SHG! We're somehow going to 7.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Sharks are going to win this. Jones remembered that he is a goalie, and Fleury (I just found out) fell coming onto the ice during the morning practice before game one, reminiscent of his Stanley Cup Game 1 stumble in 2008.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Sharks are going to win this. Jones remembered that he is a goalie, and Fleury (I just found out) fell coming onto the ice during the morning practice before game one, reminiscent of his Stanley Cup Game 1 stumble in 2008.

Good. We don't need second year expansion teams that bought an advantage winning the Cup.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Good. We don't need second year expansion teams that bought an advantage winning the Cup.
                            They. Didn't. Buy. Their. Advantage.

I mean, I know a water cooler would have been a better GM over Chuck Fletcher, but still...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              They. Didn't. Buy. Their. Advantage.

I mean, I know a water cooler would have been a better GM over Chuck Fletcher, but still...
                              Sure did. The NHL handed them a huge advantage because of how much they paid to get a franchise. Numerous articles were written on the subject. See Columbus or Wild for how expansion teams usually work.

Comment

The same articles claimed Vegas's selections couldn't win a Calder Cup in the AHL.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X