Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Draisaitl bounced from that season to two years tearing up the WHL and is currently a PPG player in the NHL. Bokk jumped to Sweden and is now a SHL regular at 18 (and was a first round pick by St Louis)...

As we all know Stutzle's current plans involve a year with Sioux City in the USHL and then UNH. Though his development timeline continues to speed up rapidly...
    One hopes Coach Souza and his staff keep in touch regularly, and don't let this kid pull a Commesso on them.

All the more reason to hope UNH's D-1 profile is on the rise soon, as I'm sure the vultures will be circling ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Engaras - on campus, and considered talented. The NCAA has made some sort of ruling about how long he needs to sit... My understanding is UNH thought he would be cleared by now, based on similar previous NCAA decisions.

Potential appeal in process... Unknown if the NCAA has already decided a final ruling.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Swedish defenseman Kalle Eriksson (DOB: 9/10/99) has committed to UNH for the 2019-20 season. The 5'10", 183 lbs. left-shot plays for Omaha Lancers and has a goal, 11 assists in 22 games. Puck moving Dman. Captain for Leksands J20 last season.
        https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...kalle-eriksson
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
          Swedish defenseman Kalle Eriksson (DOB: 9/10/99) has committed to UNH for the 2019-20 season. The 5'10", 183 lbs. left-shot plays for Omaha Lancers and has a goal, 11 assists in 22 games. Puck moving Dman. Captain for Leksands J20 last season.
          https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...kalle-eriksson
          Awesome!! Welcome to the 'Cats Kalle! Looks like he's got hockey in his family tree:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...iklas-eriksson
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-09-2018, 07:55 PM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Awesome!! Welcome to the 'Cats Kalle! Looks like he's got hockey in his family tree:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...iklas-eriksson
            Well, ferchrissakes here we go again landing another Swede. Did the idjots in Admissions and/or the coaches learn anything?? We haven't even seen our first Swede on the ice yet!!! Good God, let's fix the dang process instead of puttin' the cart before horse!!
            I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
            AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

"UNH Commit Kalle Eriksson: A Puck Moving Defenseman"
              Includes interview, video highlights, scouting reports, and statistics.
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                "UNH Commit Kalle Eriksson: A Puck Moving Defenseman"
                Includes interview, video highlights, scouting reports, and statistics.
                Whadda think of dat, Grouchy UNHer?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Stat tables in the blog omit three professional games played in Sweden for Erikkson - all for Leksands in the Allsvenskan, a Swedish minor league. Erikkson had one assist in those three contests...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/287857/kalle-eriksson

The differentiating factor may be that Leksands is Erikkson's hometown team ("100 yards from my home"). So if he had an eye on NCAA Hockey at the time it may have been easy to avoid any payment, and really any expense at all. I guess we'll find out soon.

Another good sign is his coming to NA and having months to dive into the process of figuring out eligibility with Omaha - long before choosing UNH. We'll see...

---

Regarding Engaras - I'd keep an eye on the Bentley game (first of the second half) or whatever game is the first official contest of the spring semester - if he's not making his debut in one of those two games, I'd suspect the season is in serious jeopardy (which could put an entire UNH career into doubt - certainly if things aren't a 100% locked up clearance for next fall, by the end of this season)...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    He ain't on campus yet, ya gal-durn fool. Some nimrod at Admissions is gonna screw this up, you just wait! Bumbling morons.....those fools at the Admissions office can't think themselves out of a paper bag. 'Course, other schools seem have this Swede/Dane/Norwegian/Afghani recruiting process down pat, but no, not the naive UNH folks. Shoulda just stuck with the tried and true North Americans....dag nabit all......

Now git off my lawn!
                    I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
                    AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
                      He ain't on campus yet, ya gal-durn fool. Some nimrod at Admissions is gonna screw this up, you just wait! Bumbling morons.....those fools at the Admissions office can't think themselves out of a paper bag. 'Course, other schools seem have this Swede/Dane/Norwegian/Afghani recruiting process down pat, but no, not the naive UNH folks. Shoulda just stuck with the tried and true North Americans....dag nabit all......

Now git off my lawn!
                      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I still say add three Finns. And, some more Germans and Swedes, along with a few Swiss and Danes. Maybe save a half dozen slots for North Americans.

Comment

Well there are 3-4 from a Minnesota high school in the stands tonight...

One is from the Czech Republic
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Close enough. :-)

Where is the game chatter on our other thread? I got sick and could not get to the Whitt this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Nice that they could see an entertaining game with a solid turnout and TV coverage too.

Comment

Erikkson was recently traded to Madison, where he is 1-1--2 in his first three games...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X