Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    It’s not the NTDP - it’s the annual select team, meaning he’ll play in the Hlinka Tournament. The Hlinka is a short U18 tournament that the US usually uses to send non-NTDP kids (mostly USHL players). So while a nice sign and accomplishment, it’s a different Team USA than the one that barnstorms colleges and churns out first rounders...

Perhaps the best takeaway from this is the probable indication that Gagne is ready to be a USHL regular THIS season in Cedar Rapids...
    Thanks Dan, and yes I do know the difference, just didn't read it closely enough plus departure blues have me a bit jumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      Thanks Dan, and yes I do know the difference, just didn't read it closely enough plus departure blues have me a bit jumpy.
      ? Thanks.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

"UNH Commit Carsen Richels: A Powerful, Dual-Threat Winger"
        Includes interview, highlight videos, scouting reports, and statistics
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• He looks like John Henrion - great shot, great size. Hopefully, he’ll exhibit just a bit more skill, skating and finish than his comp. Henrion had to earn his way into a scoring role as UNH was pretty deep then (especially his first two seasons), but he still finished with 35 career goals and two 12+ goal campaigns...

The opportunity should certainly be better for Richels (than it was for JH behind Thompson, Butler, DeSimone, Leblanc, Sislo and Moses) to grab an early (FR) role in the top-six and on the PP. Especially with no Stutzle. Hopefully Richels can take that and run with it, matching or even exceeding JH’s scoring totals...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Have not heard of any new departures or injuries the past month, so are we full strength going into the new season?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Have not heard of any new departures or injuries the past month, so are we full strength going into the new season?
              As far as I know...we are ready to go! (that rhymes) Anyway...funny you should bring up the team today coz I got to thinking about the Captain situation even though it's mega early to talk about it; can't remember when they named it last season. There's 4 Seniors: Lazzaro, Wyse, Blackburn, Fregona, Dawson. Jrs: Grasso, Kelleher, Gildon, Robinson, Maas, Sacco, Sato. MacAdams. Early pick (s)? Wyse, Blackburn. I always pick Seniors but that doesn't mean they wouldn't go with a Jr. for the 'A'. Thoughts?
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                As far as I know...we are ready to go! (that rhymes) Anyway...funny you should bring up the team today coz I got to thinking about the Captain situation even though it's mega early to talk about it; can't remember when they named it last season. There's 4 Seniors: Lazzaro, Wyse, Blackburn, Fregona, Dawson. Jrs: Grasso, Kelleher, Gildon, Robinson, Maas, Sacco, Sato. MacAdams. Early pick (s)? Wyse, Blackburn. I always pick Seniors but that doesn't mean they wouldn't go with a Jr. for the 'A'. Thoughts?
                Wyse and Blackburn would appear to be the logical choices out of the senior class, as the other three are role player types. I've probably advocated for Gildon and/or Maass previously, in light of their prominent roles since Day One with the program. I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of that group figured in this year's official on-ice leadership team. But we've all been surprised before (you folks all know the names - no need to recount them again here). I think MS7 did a good job with the selections last season, so I trust him to get it right again this Fall.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I spy a new player on the roster, Freshman Joe Hankinson. https://unhwildcats.com/roster.aspx?...6&path=mhockey
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    I spy a new player on the roster, Freshman Joe Hankinson. https://unhwildcats.com/roster.aspx?...6&path=mhockey
                    Underwhelming. Bottom of the roster depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Former Western Michigan recruit it would appear, but for 2020-21. Those underwhelming stats must've caused a change of plans by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Happy to have him. Welcome to the 'Cats Joe!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Yup, you know me, as think that third and fourth lines and third D pairs are key.

Comment

2 UNH Commits make Steve Kournianos, The Draft Analyst's 2020 NHL Draft Preliminary Rankings:
                            Defenseman Alex Gagne #108
                            Forward Carsen Richels #167

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/rank...-watch-list-2/
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Yup, you know me, as think that third and fourth lines and third D pairs are key.
                              The new guy looks like he has a 4th line ceiling TBH, Snively65. No bonus points for having the deepest team sitting in the stands. Shades of Scott Borek, and we hadn't seen that as much recently. All I can think (hope?) is that this kid is attached to a coach, or maybe another player with whom MS7 wants to curry favor? Thinking of the turn-of-the-century Saviano-to-get-Collins gambit, where Saviano turned out to be (much) better than the initial modest projections predicted. Here's to hoping, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                The new guy looks like he has a 4th line ceiling TBH, Snively65. No bonus points for having the deepest team sitting in the stands. Shades of Scott Borek, and we hadn't seen that as much recently. All I can think (hope?) is that this kid is attached to a coach, or maybe another player with whom MS7 wants to curry favor? Thinking of the turn-of-the-century Saviano-to-get-Collins gambit, where Saviano turned out to be (much) better than the initial modest projections predicted. Here's to hoping, anyway.
                                We are always fed this line, but Steve Saviano did break the Middlesex League career scoring record his senior year with the Reading Rockets, surpassing none other than Stoneham's later-to-be MS7's record. Then, of course, the next year Sean Collins surpassed Saviano for the Middlesex League record. But, what fun it was to watch those two to continue to play together at UNH!

Comment

Working...
                                X