UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    You left out that the game was delayed and he got medical treatment and came back after and made miraculous saves with that glove hand.

Not that night but after.
    To be honest, I had a ton of respect for him even trying. What a great goaltender. I not sure he finished the next game. But he was a true warrior.

Comment

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      You left out that the game was delayed and he got medical treatment and came back after and made miraculous saves with that glove hand.

Not that night but after.
      Yes, there was quite a delay to clean up the ice. He did tape it up and play the next night and got the victory, before receiving further medical attention once back in civilization.

Comment

• Originally posted by msprice View Post
        Yes, there was quite a delay to clean up the ice. He did tape it up and play the next night and got the victory, before receiving further medical attention once back in civilization.
        Second game was a 2-2 tie, according to CHN and hockeydb archives, which is also what I recollect, although I was not there. However, I was at Alfond to watch the two ties that our Ty Rone pitched four years ago. And, speaking of Ty Rone, I thought he might have been the one backstopping the Bruins net tonght, especially in the third period.

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
          Yeah, I was there too, at the opposite end of the arena, with my eldest daughter (12 at the time?).

Took some time for us to figure out what all the fuss was about with Ayers down at the other end.

My recollection is the game was on a Friday night, and the teams had the Saturday off before finishing up the series with the 2-2 tie on Sunday afternoon. Only reason I remember it that way - and I could be wrong - was that there was rampant speculation over the severity of Ayers' injury, and his status for returning to action. That was pre-social media days, so information didn't move quite as quickly here on the USCHO boards. I think a lot of folks were surprised when those in the know in the Downeast learned Ayers would be playing the return match. We didn't spend the weekend up there, came home after the Friday debacle.

But those were still some exciting times, hope we all get to enjoy something similar in the coming years.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

"UNH Commits Update: 11-22-2019"
            Includes updated stats on all UNH Commits plus News/Notes on Carsen Richels, Alex Gagne, Will Margel, Nick Cafarelli, David Sacco, & JP Turner
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
              Scott Morrow (uncommitted), son of former UNH star Scott Morrow, also played in the All-Star game but did not make the Under-18 Select Team.
              Fighting Hawk though he said Sioux
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Scott Morrow is the son of Steve Morrow (and the nephew of Scott Morrow)

Comment

Son, nephew, whatever; I hope that MS7 and his associates can reel him in. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Son, nephew, whatever; I hope that MS7 and his associates can reel him in. :-)
                    https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4833213-UND-lands-elite-defenseman-prospect-Scott-Morrow-from-Shattuck-St.-Marys

They won’t. At the very least they better have been one of the schools offering him for next season...

Another disappointment.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Richels...

https://***********/mnhockeytv/statu...342648321?s=21
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Have been keeping tabs on him via C-H-C's twitter have been impressed!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Question for CHC and Dan...aside from limited resources, why wouldn’t Souza recruit more from Europe? No contacts or in-roads? 😉👍🥅🏒

Comment

• Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                            Question for CHC and Dan...aside from limited resources, why wouldn’t Souza recruit more from Europe? No contacts or in-roads? 😉👍🥅🏒
                            2 Germans - Tim Stützle & Timo Bakos - plus 2 Swedes - Filip Engaras & Kalle Eriksson - have committed to UNH in the last couple years. Souza has contacts in Europe and has travelled there to recruit in person.

Comment

"UNH Commits Update: 12-28-2019"
                              6 UNH Commits are scoring at least 1 Point Per Game:
                              Carsen Richels 2.22
                              David Sacco 1.67
                              Morgan Winters 1.43
                              JP Turner 1.33
                              Will Margel 1.00
                              Nick Cafarelli 1.00

Comment

• Nice to see UNH commit Alex Gagnes name on the roster for this event!

https://www.biosteelallamericangame.com/news_article/show/1073923
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X